Losing like 10 matches in a row.

Kevsta.8160

Im finding it really hard winnign a game and trying to acheive the profession winning 5 games with a new class. My rank was so high on mesmer so im like vsing hardcore players with this noob class which is so unblanced and makes me look like a noob playign against experienced players. there should atleast be when you start off pvp with a new class your matched against noobs aswell.. this just doesnt make sence trying to acheive this profession goal with 5 wins is asking for too much...

This is why the should do something with the darn ascention achievements. Why did you went to ranked on unknown for you class, mesmer? What were you expecting? get a class you can't play and be somehow useful in fights?

Let me spoil something for you3rd step would be 7 wins4th step needs 10 winseach on 3 different classes

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I have two accounts, My main account wins 80-90% of matches yet my alt account loses 80-90% of matches, using the exact same class, build and equipment. Seems to me like there is some account based rng on whether you get decent people or not in pvp matches.

I'm very confused as to why those kind of statistics would point towards that.

@Hoodie.1045 said:This is why I only play two ranked games a day. If you win both of them, then good for you. If not then it's best not to continue because it's very likely that you'll be paired up with those same bad players or against good players over and over again.

Back when i cared somewhat about my rank i followed a similar rule. I would play ranked until i lost 3 games in a row. That's when i would stop for at least a couple hours (usually meant i was done for the night) to avoid getting tilted and being matched with same players. This season i couldn't care less about rank i only need my shards to complete my legendary armor. I am actually more relaxed about wins and losses. Spam games is my thing now.

As far as the OP's post. Your main is mesmer. Lets be honest here everyone agrees mesmer will carry you to a much higher MMR rating than you deserve and so you will have a much harder time when you go to a less OP class for your profession wins.

Went from gold 3 to rank 66 yesterday. Won 10 out of 15

Today dropped back to just barely in plat 1.Won 3 out of 15

Doesn't matter how well you play. So much luck involved with your teammates.

When you duo with the right person it betters the odds. That being said, even Naru and Anya got shafted in some matches I watched bc their teams were so underwhelming.

This is not to complain. I enjoy the torture of PvP. This is just to say that if you look at matchmaking for what it is-pure luck-then it's easier to not get frustrated when the luck doesn't go your way.

Always try to carry and duo when you can. Anything to better your odds. Otherwise enjoy the highs and make the best of thr lows.

That's how luck works, and that's how gw2 mm works in it's current (low population) state.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I have two accounts, My main account wins 80-90% of matches yet my alt account loses 80-90% of matches, using the exact same class, build and equipment. Seems to me like there is some account based rng on whether you get decent people or not in pvp matches.

I'm very confused as to why those kind of statistics would point towards that.

Well surely id have close to the same win lose ratio on both my accounts if im using the exact same class and build rather than what im experiencing.

here's the thing i've learned through past seasons~if you're queue with someone, or be in a match with people lower than your current rank/division, Anet expects a win.if you manage to lose that, you'd lose roughly 21-63 points per match. there's no and, or, but. the bigger the rank difference, the more it hurts for the high rank person.i lost so many matches, i lost count on my streak. lol. lost more than 300 rank points since my replacement this season =[ now getting back 200 points and high gold3 now. hopefully i'd get back to plat but with this MMR, and randoms, i don't know anymore.

it's only 5 wins. i don't want to spoil it for you but the higher the tier of your ascension, the more wins needed. this is actually nice since it got me to work on a few professions and managed to play them a bit more fluent than i was before.did you really just bring a complete new class in ranked and expect a carry? xd

Archived