Are we getting new legendary armor skins?

Clyan.1593

@Linken.6345 said:No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@Linken.6345 said:No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

Considering that the legendary armors for WvW/PvP dont have unique skins, but raids would (if they added a second) i think there would be quite a bit of justifiable outcry.

Dude if there was a second set, it might even help the raid community since it might lure more people into learning to raid.I personally find medium legendary armor terrible, and I'd welcome a better skin for that because my main is Ranger.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Rysdude.3824" said:Considering that the legendary armors for WvW/PvP dont have unique skins, [...]

Well, if I ever finish my WvW collection, I will transmute the armor anyway (and would have definitely done the same with the PvE sets, since they are super ugly and I am not into animated "bling-bling" stuff ;) ).

To each their own :) im set on getting my tentacles of doom!

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I think you are taking the open world pve crowd abit lightly here about there being no howl

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?The content too hard?You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.I feel like there's an entire massive portion of the game, the one most people actually play, being conveniently ignored here...

How would you pitch legendary armor to the PVE open work community? How would it be time gated? What type of tough commitment would it take like the other modes? If you can't answer the last question then it doesn't deserve it. GW2 is extremely casual, but there is no reason to demonize the effort people take to achieve something that isn't a living story achievement.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?The content too hard?You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

Probably the "A good player does 5x the damage of an average player." bit now imagine if its an average player compared to a bad player, along with this game not being marketed towards those kinds of players at all.

The only reason alot of those 10% even do raids is for the armor in my experience with my guilds raid squad. One member is a hard core raider, the rest of us and theres around 20 of us, only want armor. Once i get my rangers set im done with raids, i have no reason to do them anymore. I dont find them enjoyable, because DPS races are boring AF and thats all the raids are, sure they have mechanics, but they all amount to DPS.

If they had a non raid, shared skin with PVP or WVW legendary armor set i would never set foot in raids but since i hate PVP in this game i have no choice but to. They could make it hard to obtain, or even more of a resource/gold sink than the new gen 2 legendary weapons are, id still go after it.

@"TheShniper.1852" said:How would you pitch legendary armor to the PVE open work community? How would it be time gated? What type of tough commitment would it take like the other modes? If you can't answer the last question then it doesn't deserve it. GW2 is extremely casual, but there is no reason to demonize the effort people take to achieve something that isn't a living story achievement."Exactly like the existing legendary weapon crafting system, but with armor", like it should have worked in the first place.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

Probably the "A good player does 5x the damage of an average player." bit now imagine if its an average player compared to a bad player, along with this game not being marketed towards those kinds of players at all.

The only reason alot of those 10% even do raids is for the armor in my experience with my guilds raid squad. One member is a hard core raider, the rest of us and theres around 20 of us, only want armor. Once i get my rangers set im done with raids, i have no reason to do them anymore. I dont find them enjoyable, because DPS races are boring AF and thats all the raids are, sure they have mechanics, but they all amount to DPS.

If they had a non raid, shared skin with PVP or WVW legendary armor set i would never set foot in raids but since i hate PVP in this game i have no choice but to. They could make it hard to obtain, or even more of a resource/gold sink than the new gen 2 legendary weapons are, id still go after it.

Hence my question about the skins. Other than that what purpose is the need for having a Legendary version? Time sink?

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Arent the WvW and PvP legendary armors the same skin as their ascended counterparts?

@Ashen.2907 said:

Arent the WvW and PvP legendary armors the same skin as their ascended counterparts?

Not sure about the PvP but the WvW T1 Ascended is the same. The T2 Mistforged has a blue hue and the Sublime chest piece has the tentecales exposed when in combat.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Raids, even when they are easier, don't appeal to the general population. There's a very good reason why most pve content for most games are focused around 2-5 people, and not 10+. Even in regards to difficult content, 5 player content that is difficult will still see more participation than difficult raids.

@Yamazuki.6073 said:

Raids, even when they are easier, don't appeal to the general population. There's a very good reason why most pve content for most games are focused around 2-5 people, and not 10+. Even in regards to difficult content, 5 player content that is difficult will still see more participation than difficult raids.

That doesn't answer the question as to "why" you need Legendary gear other than for the skins.Raids: Will change stats/runes per boss/meta.WvW: Will change stats/runes per meta/encounter.sPvP- Pure rewards.OWPvE- ???

Archived