Jahai Bluffs hidden part on world map

Glider.5792

Okay, new map is realy nice, and looks great, but looking at it on the world map...... Why is there a huge unexplorable part spaning from the north of the map till almost the middle ??That part is extremly bothersome, can something be done about it ? Some proper map art so it looks more natural and wont stand out soo much...

@Ziooo.8932 said:I second it! Maybe they will expand it in the future...?

It's a big headland of rock. There's nothing to expand, nor do they geographicaly change maps once live.

Such things were common in GW1 maps. I admit it looks a little odd, but given the criticism that old maps were a little too square, I'm glad to see more natural barriers in the maps like these

@Mikal Dynath.6195 said:What I find annoying is there is a spot right near the Mastery Point where you can easily reach the top of that plateau with the Bunny.

Except you can’t because of the invisible walls ...

So in reality, it’s just this huge empty spot ... for what reason?

Yeah even if it was just a big plateau with nothing really on it except maybe some harpies and/or jacarunda, it would be better, then at least I could make it no longer all painty and out of place looking.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Lots of people have asked for maps to be released Dry Top/Silverwastes style, in which we get a fraction of the map with one episode and another fraction in a subsequent update. I presumed this was the same: in ~3 months, we'll have a chance to visit the hidden area.

In a LW map? That's highly unlikely. If this map is ever touched again it will only be to fix that spot.

It doesn't necessarily bother me to have it like it is. I know in some previous threads people complained that maps were too square. So I suppose this map is kind of an irregular U shape. At least the discoverable area isn't a square. What does bother me though is the invisible walls. I like to explore and see what's over the next hill and get to high up areas, etc. Running into an invisible wall is always a huge letdown.

@"Xenon.4537" said:There are so many examples of this it drives me nuts sometimes. Does anyone else wish you could uncover the other half of the Dry Top circle??? AHHHHHHn8CZCMq.jpg

That ones not so bad cause it would be part of a future map. The wee wee Jahai rock wouldn’t be, gotta fix it now

@Orion Templar.4589 said:It doesn't necessarily bother me to have it like it is. I know in some previous threads people complained that maps were too square. So I suppose this map is kind of an irregular U shape. At least the discoverable area isn't a square. What does bother me though is the invisible walls. I like to explore and see what's over the next hill and get to high up areas, etc. Running into an invisible wall is always a huge letdown.

I’ve never been a complainer about square maps, but I do advocate variety. But I meant stuff like circles, or oddly shaped BORDERS (see ember bay, that thing is nuts). This sticks all the way into the map and just looks horrible

Archived