Healing Revenant or Healing Druid for Fractals

vDeadbolt.1956

I have trouble deciding who I should make. I want to make a healing revenant because I main revenant and I have played countless of T4's with a healing Rev, and it inspires me to pick one up due to me being very comfortable with the profession. But I heard that Healing Druid offers more with its utility and it is pretty popular in comps. Which one is a good choice for fractals?

Well not completly true.Druid is providing:-Spotter (150 preci on group)-frostspirit for power comp (5%dmg buff on group+if traited might)-sunspirit for condi comp (burning on hits buff + if traited vigor which can be a livesaver even in power comps)-stonespirit if needed (perma protect)-Elitespirit (aoe res)-might-fury-renegeration

• medi condi cleanse
  • projectile blocker
  • good cc
  • medi healing

With Rev you get this:-might-rengeneration-strong healing-alac (which though takes most of your energie if you want to give this boon perma and you must play kalla)-strong projectile blocker (yet again on cost of much energy)-good cc

The thing is the moment you have a chrono in your team it would be a waste running rev cause chrono can bring perma alac and quickness alone, which leaves Rev only with stronger heals on the cost of many offensivebuffs comparing with druid, which is actual an overkill unless your groups cant dodge and you have to outheal everything.So a better question is with what kind of groups are you running > @vDeadbolt.1956If you are running mostly with random setups i would rather take what you like more, since in those groups groupsynergie isnt really important to most of them.If you plan to run in metaoriented groups i rather recommend druid, cause those groups rather want to run efficiently to get though cms+t4 faster.Both mindsets have their pro and cons, one is more relaxed, but takes a little longer, while the other is faster, but is a little more demanding of the players.At the end of the day i would just recommend making both, cause the more classes you have, the more adaptiv you are and the better you will find groups if you can play any class in this game^^.

@Xantaria.8726 said:Well not completly true.Druid is providing:-Spotter (150 preci on group)-frostspirit for power comp (5%dmg buff on group+if traited might)-sunspirit for condi comp (burning on hits buff + if traited vigor which can be a livesaver even in power comps)-stonespirit if needed (perma protect)-Elitespirit (aoe res)-might-fury-renegeration

• medi condi cleanse
  • projectile blocker
  • good cc
  • medi healing

With Rev you get this:-might-rengeneration-strong healing-alac (which though takes most of your energie if you want to give this boon perma and you must play kalla)-strong projectile blocker (yet again on cost of much energy)-good cc

The thing is the moment you have a chrono in your team it would be a waste running rev cause chrono can bring perma alac and quickness alone, which leaves Rev only with stronger heals on the cost of many offensivebuffs comparing with druid, which is actual an overkill unless your groups cant dodge and you have to outheal everything.So a better question is with what kind of groups are you running > @vDeadbolt.1956If you are running mostly with random setups i would rather take what you like more, since in those groups groupsynergie isnt really important to most of them.If you plan to run in metaoriented groups i rather recommend druid, cause those groups rather want to run efficiently to get though cms+t4 faster.Both mindsets have their pro and cons, one is more relaxed, but takes a little longer, while the other is faster, but is a little more demanding of the players.At the end of the day i would just recommend making both, cause the more classes you have, the more adaptiv you are and the better you will find groups if you can play any class in this game^^.

Forgot ferocity from Rev too.

@Xantaria.8726 said:Well not completly true.Druid is providing:-Spotter (150 preci on group)-frostspirit for power comp (5%dmg buff on group+if traited might)-sunspirit for condi comp (burning on hits buff + if traited vigor which can be a livesaver even in power comps)-stonespirit if needed (perma protect)-Elitespirit (aoe res)-might-fury-renegeration

• medi condi cleanse
  • projectile blocker
  • good cc
  • medi healing

I think making a druid is the better way to go since I'm planning on playing some CM Fractals soon. I do have both ready, I just want to decide who should I gear up first. But thanks for answering. This helped me a lot.

This is more a question about perception of the general uneducated masses versus what is actually better.

The answer is clear: druid.

I've seen PUG raid leaders tell very decent healing revenants to please switch to druid for better healing. Suffice to say, I was almost rolling on the floor from laughing. The same happens in fractals.

@Tyson.5160 said:

• medi condi cleanse
  • projectile blocker
  • good cc
  • medi healing

The thing is the moment you have a chrono in your team it would be a waste running rev cause chrono can bring perma alac and quickness alone, which leaves Rev only with stronger heals on the cost of many offensivebuffs comparing with druid, which is actual an overkill unless your groups cant dodge and you have to outheal everything.So a better question is with what kind of groups are you running > @"vDeadbolt.1956"If you are running mostly with random setups i would rather take what you like more, since in those groups groupsynergie isnt really important to most of them.If you plan to run in metaoriented groups i rather recommend druid, cause those groups rather want to run efficiently to get though cms+t4 faster.Both mindsets have their pro and cons, one is more relaxed, but takes a little longer, while the other is faster, but is a little more demanding of the players.At the end of the day i would just recommend making both, cause the more classes you have, the more adaptiv you are and the better you will find groups if you can play any class in this game^^.

Forgot ferocity from Rev too.

Oh yeah, sorry ^^".

@vDeadbolt.1956 said:I have trouble deciding who I should make. I want to make a healing revenant because I main revenant and I have played countless of T4's with a healing Rev, and it inspires me to pick one up due to me being very comfortable with the profession. But I heard that Healing Druid offers more with its utility and it is pretty popular in comps. Which one is a good choice for fractals?

Depends on your intention. If you want to play in the CM groups, then definitely a druid. Any other healer will have dramatically less chance to be accepted as they don't have the same offensive support (spirits + GoE).If you're just want to play T4 and carry the team, rev can do it better.

@"Xantaria.8726" said:With Rev you get this:-might-rengeneration-strong healing-alac (which though takes most of your energie if you want to give this boon perma and you must play kalla)-strong projectile blocker (yet again on cost of much energy)-good cc

If you go Ventari/Glint, you actually get;

• Fairly permanent 25 stacks of Might, easily by using Mace + Facet of Strength.
  • Increased potency on- and permanent Regeneration (to 10 people)
  • Strong Healing from multiple sources
  • A healer with very potent outgoing healer modifiers as long as they keep swapping their stances
  • Some Alacrity upkeep while healing with tablet, which can supplement other sources
  • A very long lasting projectile block if no healing is required outside of the passive regeneration and healing pulses the tablet provides (you can also blast Facet of Nature should you require that little bit of healing if you use Draconic Echo, which I highly recommend a healer-Herald uses)
  • Great CC (Staff + Glint)
  • Permanent Protection to 10 people (Glint + Shield)
  • Permanent Fury to 10 people (you can also fire and forget Gaze of Darkness with Draconic Echo very quickly to save energy and it will apply more than enough Fury until you rotate back into the Glint stance)
  • Permanent Swiftness (which can help a little) to 10 people if so desired
  • 150 Ferocity to the party
  • Condition cleansing (tablet + Staff)
  • A healer that can do other things such as reviving if necessary while moving their source of healing around and performing their healing duty on the rest of the team without being interrupted doing so (this comes at the cost of boon uptime granted)
  • A healer with a very potent get out of jail card for themselves in the Infuse Light heal, should they be in immediate danger
  • A healer with 2 very low cooldown Blast Finisher skills, one which when positioned right will blast 3 times in a row
  • A healer with a fairly large fire field to blast for easy Might upkeep
  • A healer with rather mediocre damage output :trollface:

As long as you make sure to not blast away your heals on both the Staff and Shield, switching to Glint allows you to channel in permanently lasting boons while maintaining the ability to heal. I also use Superior Sigils of Renewal on my Mace and Staff so that when I weapon swap I perform a bit more AoE healing (slightly under 1300 HP). It's not always a bad idea to blast Facet of Nature while in Ventari as you swap either, since that will tick out a couple mediocre heals while in the Glint stance.

I think it's not given enough credit for what it can actually do. I don't see why a Druid per say is necessarily any better or worse than a healing Revenant. It's possibly less micromanagement to play a Druid though, where as you got to be very active to keep things up with Revenant, but I personally think Revenant can do just as much, if not in some cases a bit more than a Druid can. To be fair, it gets a bit annoying to see "Druid" in almost every LFG wanting a healer because the community doesn't seem to know that other healers can do the job too.

@Absconditus.6804 said:

@"Xantaria.8726" said:With Rev you get this:-might-rengeneration-strong healing-alac (which though takes most of your energie if you want to give this boon perma and you must play kalla)-strong projectile blocker (yet again on cost of much energy)-good cc

If you go Ventari/Glint, you actually get;
  • Fairly permanent 25 stacks of Might, easily by using Mace + Facet of Strength.
  • Increased potency on- and permanent Regeneration (to 10 people)
  • Strong Healing from multiple sources
  • A healer with very potent outgoing healer modifiers as long as they keep swapping their stances
  • Some Alacrity upkeep while healing with tablet, which can supplement other sources
  • A very long lasting projectile block if no healing is required outside of the passive regeneration and healing pulses the tablet provides (you can also blast Facet of Nature should you require that little bit of healing if you use Draconic Echo, which I highly recommend a healer-Herald uses)
  • Great CC (Staff + Glint)
  • Permanent Protection to 10 people (Glint + Shield)
  • Permanent Fury to 10 people (you can also fire and forget Gaze of Darkness with Draconic Echo very quickly to save energy and it will apply more than enough Fury until you rotate back into the Glint stance)
  • Permanent Swiftness (which can help a little) to 10 people if so desired
  • 150 Ferocity to the party
  • Condition cleansing (tablet + Staff)
  • A healer that can do other things such as reviving if necessary while moving their source of healing around and performing their healing duty on the rest of the team without being interrupted doing so (this comes at the cost of boon uptime granted)
  • A healer with a very potent get out of jail card for themselves in the Infuse Light heal, should they be in immediate danger
  • A healer with 2 very low cooldown Blast Finisher skills, one which when positioned right will blast 3 times in a row
  • A healer with a fairly large fire field to blast for easy Might upkeep
  • A healer with rather mediocre damage output :trollface:

As long as you make sure to not blast away your heals on both the Staff and Shield, switching to Glint allows you to channel in permanently lasting boons while maintaining the ability to heal. I also use Superior Sigils of Renewal on my Mace and Staff so that when I weapon swap I perform a bit more AoE healing (slightly under 1300 HP). It's not always a bad idea to blast Facet of Nature while in Ventari as you swap either, since that will tick out a couple mediocre heals while in the Glint stance.

I think it's not given enough credit for what it can actually do. I don't see why a Druid per say is necessarily any better or worse than a healing Revenant. It's possibly less micromanagement to play a Druid though, where as you got to be very active to keep things up with Revenant, but I personally think Revenant can do just as much, if not in some cases a bit more than a Druid can. To be fair, it gets a bit annoying to see "Druid" in almost every LFG wanting a healer because the community doesn't seem to know that other healers can do the job too.

Because everything that you wrote is not as good as the dmg modifier of a druid, simply as that.I already wrote that he is the stronger healer and that he has more cc, but in terms of boons it doesnt matter since the only important boons (might, fury, alac, quickness) are already coverd by Chrono and druid, beside the point that druid can also cover protection, vigor and regeneration. True i didnt went much in detail of rev, but i didnt do that on druid either. Both classes have very situational tricks they can pull off, but if i would cover all of it (1 examble on druid his pushing glyphe with a low cd, on renegade the life steal cat etc) then this thread would be to long, so i made it short.

I never said that rev healer is bad, only that he doesnt bring much which isnt already there or he brings to much of something that is actual not needed.If we were talking about raids though, there he would be a perfect sec healer, just cause of the points you made (sloth for examble with this delicious projectile hate), since 1 druid is enough to cover his spirits.Just as a heal tempest, a heal scourge, a heal scrapper and a heal warrior, which can be used depending on the situation.But unless they dont get a buff which boost dps, many will keep demanding druid as a main supporter/healer.Edit: i dont want to offend anyone and i apologize if i did. I simply tried to point out why many prefer a druid. True be told, most builds are viable and can be used in synergie with each other.

Usually a choice between an offensive and a defensive support. With the druid requiring deeper knowledge of the encounters to be able to execute everything well. People already brought up most of the reasons to play either of them. Still feel like I need to point out why druids are vastly superior to renegeades in CMs in particular, though (since you mentioned moving there soon).

The 10% damage modifier of Glyth of Empowerment (combined with all of the offensive buffs people already mentioned) simply fits these bosses too perfectly. All of the fights work like this: CC -> burst -> invulnerability phase, repeat once, repeat twice, done. Meaning everything phases instantly if you set up your burst correctly.This is the very reason why good group favour running no healer at all as an additional damage dealer beats running even a druid in these scenarios. But if you are going to have a healer due to inexperience, the unreliability of pugs, etc. pick a druid over the other healers.

You don’t necessarily bring a healer for outright healing per se. In frac the best strats involve bursting down bosses before you have to deal with mechanics. The purpose of the Druid is to maintain scholar buffs primarily while providing significantly better offensive buffs than any other healer class. It must be noted that meta comps don’t need a “healer” because they have the buffs, dps and skill to burst down bosses before having to deal with the really nasty mechanics.

• 4 weeks later...

Please cut it out with "meta comps don't need a healer" stuff.99% of parties will flat out die without any healing, if only because they expect to be healed and stay in all the possible AoEs . Even with a very good healer, depending on the situation a party can wipe if they don't know how and when to dodge, expecting to be healed no matter what.0.90% will do CMs without a healer at the expense of many wipes until they get that perfect edited run for a youtube video.And of course, there are 0.10% that practiced a lot, have a tight group and can finish anything without a healer. Much respect to them.In the mean time, for the rest of us 99% mortals, the answer is= A Druid that knows how to...druid.

Healing Scourge has become another favourite of mine. Barrier counters Social Awkwardness and maintains scholar longer than reactive healing. Might coverage isn't a problem either and Scourge consumes conditions faster than they can be applied in many instances. It does lack the offensive buffs (spirits, GoE, CotW) but has some decent damage for a healer while also adding great cc with Flesh Golem. Nice when paired with a Soulbeast for frost spirit.

Condi firebrand in fractals? Does he cc with wooden planks? And how do you do portal + blink strats or longer stealth passages?

The only offensive boons a druid brings are spotter and Glyph of Empowerment. Soulbeast can bring frost spirit without losing any damage and spotter is usually redundant in fractals since all the builds cap without anyways thanks to potions.

So in terms of damage modifiers healing rev actually wins in longer fights while druid wins in really short ones if a soulbeast is in the group.

Archived