Sun's Refuge puzzles?

Bast.7253

So, above the rune area there is a mountain of rubble. At the top of this rubble I've found a glowing gold spot on the ground that's interactable. When I click this, it randomly transforms me into something. The transforms so far have been a small bird, a giant snowball, a suit of armor that's stuck in place on one of the rooftops below, a lamp from The Grove, and a ram. I don't know if this is intentional or part of a larger puzzle or what, but it's so strange. Any ideas?

The second puzzle is that I have found 3 turnable seals near the roof where griffons are perching. I've turned all the seals and I haven't noticed any changes. So, either I'm not doing it fast enough which I found kind of doubtful because I've gone from point a to b to c relatively quick after practice. OR, they have to be turned in some order. They're like the seals you interact with when you go to Kormir's Library.

Any ideas? Is the transform interactable glowing spot connected to the seals?

I feel like there are probably a lot more hidden things in here than we've yet to discover. But I'm at a loss as to what to do with these two particular tidbits.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this stuff while doing the griffon kneeling achievement.

The shiny spot turned my into a small black cat (looked like a black panther cub) with Costume Brawl abilities. I think there's more to this yet than meets the eye.

I haven't yet got all the arrows in 2 minutes. I need to locate the fourth and do some practice runs. Do they unlock anything visible in the instance?

@Jimbru.6014 said:I found this stuff while doing the griffon kneeling achievement.

The shiny spot turned my into a small black cat (looked like a black panther cub) with Costume Brawl abilities. I think there's more to this yet than meets the eye.

I haven't yet got all the arrows in 2 minutes. I need to locate the fourth and do some practice runs. Do they unlock anything visible in the instance?

I havent seen anything unlock and i have gotten all four.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:I found this stuff while doing the griffon kneeling achievement.

You need to get all 4 within 2 minutes. And turn each arrow 3 times.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

You need to get all 4 within 2 minutes. And turn each arrow 3 times.

I know. Ive done it, i have the achievement. He meant visibly in the sanctuary, and i didnt notice any changes after finishing that puzzle off.

@Jimbru.6014 said:I got the achievement for the four arrows last night; Dulfy has a good guide for it. No visible changes in the Sanctum that I noticed; just the achievement.

Still wondering about that transforming spot. Really weird place to put something like that without a larger reason for it.

Either a larger reason we are missing or perhaps some future unlockable area there that accidentally got added earlier maybe?

There's a number of hints throughout Sun's Refuge about things that are either still hidden, or may be added. For example, Zafirah talking about how she can feel Balthazar's presence in the refuge. We already know about the hidden and apparently still powerful Melandru shrine. Stands to reason there could be bits from the other gods there as well.

@"Jimbru.6014" said:There's a number of hints throughout Sun's Refuge about things that are either still hidden, or may be added. For example, Zafirah talking about how she can feel Balthazar's presence in the refuge. We already know about the hidden and apparently still powerful Melandru shrine. Stands to reason there could be bits from the other gods there as well.Well, during the story,! when Balthazar's sword started to move, she already was surprised that the sword felt the presence of the (ex-?)god. But then someone (I forgot who) explained that that's because Aurene's was recently there (and she absorbed part of Balthazar's magic).Though that puzzled me a bit: does magic leave a trail? Can it be "lost" by simply walking?

@Urud.4925 said:

@"Jimbru.6014" said:There's a number of hints throughout Sun's Refuge about things that are either still hidden, or may be added. For example, Zafirah talking about how she can feel Balthazar's presence in the refuge. We already know about the hidden and apparently still powerful Melandru shrine. Stands to reason there could be bits from the other gods there as well.Well, during the story,! when Balthazar's sword started to move, she already was surprised that the sword felt the presence of the (ex-?)god. But then someone (I forgot who) explained that that's because Aurene's was recently there (and she absorbed part of Balthazar's magic).Though that puzzled me a bit: does magic leave a trail? Can it be "lost" by simply walking?

Most forms of magic in the game expire with time. Even the leftover remnant magic of the Six is slowly fading or becoming corrupted, as we've seen in Orr and other places. So yeah, I guess so. Though it's probably more of a function of time than movement, like radioactive decay. The half-life of magic...

@Jimbru.6014 said:I wonder if maybe there's some NPCs or mobs that we're supposed to interact with while transformed? I've started looking around but haven't found any yet.

I thought this too. I tried with the Choya transformation, speaking to the kid that says he likes Choya, there was no change in dialogue. Tried dancing around him as a Choya and by the nearby fire too. Nada so far.

Archived