I need help with graphics options.

Wuna.7809

What should I set graphics options to with this setup: GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q design, pixel shader 5.1, vertex shader 5.1, dedicated video RAM 6.0 GB, intel ® Core i5-7300 HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz, CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8.0 GB, Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit, and Free Disk space: 931 GB. Thank you.

@Wuna.7809 said:What should I set graphics options to with this setup: GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q design, pixel shader 5.1, vertex shader 5.1, dedicated video RAM 6.0 GB, intel ® Core i5-7300 HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz, CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8.0 GB, Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit, and Free Disk space: 931 GB. Thank you.

The 1060 would be able to run what ever you want pretty much but GW2 is very high on CPU 2.5 not much these days maybe get more ram if it ddr3. ddr4 will be fine.there is this post here to tell you what setting to put for the best fps https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8gctrf/full_guide_maximizing_your_fps_and_game/

@Wuna.7809 said:Thanks. I have 6144 MB GDDR5 dedicated video memory. If that is not what you mean I'll look again.

@"Reusterr.6982" meant the 8GB of main system memory.

The other way to answer your original question is "Well, suck it and see." Adjust things to see their effect on the way the game performs and the way it looks. Pay particular attention to shadows and reflections, both of which are notoriously expensive (meaning "slow") to calculate if you want them to look right. Making water or metal look shiny when there's a bright light shining on them isn't so hard, but making them reflect the surroundings (which GW2 can do if you set up the options correctly) so that the mountains and buildings over there are visible reflected in the stretch of ocean in between you and them... well, that's a little harder. (It's not intellectually hard to create code to do it, but that code has to calculate a lot of extra stuff to know what the mountains and buildings look like, as seen from a viewpoint down there, especially given that the result also depends on the waves and stuff in the surface of the water.)

no antialising, reflextions to sky only and model count and high model count to low or lowest should help you a lot. Postproc to low might help. Or not. You have to see. Shadows medium, will probably help.

Ram... with lots of stuff going on, GW2 can gobble up 5+gb ram. Ram, not vram. So... if you play, close everything else. The moment the game hits the disk everything will grind to a halt.

Archived