Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

Hello, we need to much of this for the Requiem Armor Set. The Price is to high and its not a regular drop. Only a Reward for Lv 64. The Price is 3gold in the Moment and only 18OO in the Blacklion Trading Market.

We need a Recipe or a other Sigil. That was hopefully not the thinking, making such a Sigil so expensive.Pls Anet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kirkas.1430 said:Hello, we need to much of this for the Elegie Armor Set. The Price is to high and its not a regular drop. Only a Reward for Lv 64. The Price is 3gold in the Moment and only 18OO in the Blacklion Trading Market.

We need a Recipe or a other Sigil. That was hopefully not the thinking, making such a Sigil so expensive.Pls Anet.

If you don't want to pay today's market rate, wait. The sigil has no other use. Once the excitement dies down, it will fall to sub 20 silver or even vendor value. It also drops randomly from forging any four rare sigils and directly from a handful of exotics that contain it.

The cost for complete requiem collection are roughly ~100g plus elegy set it will end up somewhere at 120g but i think it totally worth it, both armor are well designed, i love it so much. You can also buy weapon that has the sigil in it and salvage, it risky but still work.

@Fipmip.7219 said:huh looking at gw2 spidy it's exploded up from 2s in the last two days. what happened?

Someone who raced through the collection found out you needed the sigil, seen it was only 2s and bought alot of them to price hike it.

Also i dont know who at Anet decides on what mats are used but they can never pick something simple, part of an earlier achievement needs 40 of the already high priced Cured hardened Leather, which pushed its already stupid 30s price to 50+ silver.

Patch has been out 3 days.

Short term price hikes will drop again, as they have always in the past in similar situations.

Pay the current price if you want to buy at market rate or wait until the prices have dropped again if you are unwilling to pay the current market price. It's that simple, no correction needed.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Kirkas.1430 said:Hello, we need to much of this for the Elegie Armor Set. The Price is to high and its not a regular drop. Only a Reward for Lv 64. The Price is 3gold in the Moment and only 18OO in the Blacklion Trading Market.

If you don't want to pay today's market rate, wait. The sigil has no other use. Once the excitement dies down, it will fall to sub 20 silver or even vendor value. It also drops randomly from forging any four rare sigils and directly from a handful of exotics that contain it.

It will take an insanely long time for prices to drop.Edit: Supply was litteraly 59 at some point today. The tp barons are gonna abuse this item for a realy long time.

@Glider.5792 said:

It will take an insanely long time for prices to drop.Edit: Supply was litteraly 59 at some point today. The tp barons are gonna abuse this item for a realy long time.

Yeah, especially since the sigil is very limited on how to obtain it. That price won't be dropping for a while. At least if it was craftable there would be a little better supply to keep the price even. Instead it was an uncommon sigil that most people tossed so supply is low and demand just skyrocketed. There's no way to bring the supply up to match the demand so the price is not going to fall down or even out any time soon.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The supply does not have to increase, the demand dropping is more than enough to drop the price.

People are once again blaming fictional TP barons and asking for not needed market influence because "I want my shiny now" mentality is going strong once again.

With how many are needed and how many people are going to be doing the achievement, the price isn't going to drop that much. If they could be crafted then price would drop down a little quicker because people would start crafting them to sell, but right now the only way to get them is from leveling and pure chance, the supply is way too low for the demand, and the demand isn't going to go away as quickly as you think it is. Many people don't even play new living story for a week after it comes out in order to avoid bugs.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The supply does not have to increase, the demand dropping is more than enough to drop the price.

People are once again blaming fictional TP barons and asking for not needed market influence because "I want my shiny now" mentality is going strong once again.

"fictional TP barons" Aperently some of my friends are fictional. :anguished: And its not about "I want my shiny now". The price wont go down for realy long time, and thats not days, more like weeks/months. Im not worried though, i plan on farming them through keyfarm anyway.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

With how many are needed and how many people are going to be doing the achievement, the price isn't going to drop that much.
If
they could be crafted then price would drop down a little quicker because people would start crafting them to sell, but right now the only way to get them is from leveling and pure chance, the supply is way too low for the demand, and the demand isn't going to go away as quickly as you think it is. Many people don't even play new living story for a week after it comes out in order to avoid bugs.

The demand is fixed and finite, the supply is constant and infinite. Simple math.

Now how long price will remain higher (though 5 gold for a Superior Sigil is nothing new) can be debated but fall they will, especially once less price sensitive buyers fall away.

@Glider.5792 said:

"fictional TP barons" Aperently some of my friends are fictional. :anguished: And its not about "I want my shiny now". The price wont go down for realy long time, and thats not days, more like weeks/months. Im not worried though, i plan on farming them through keyfarm anyway.

I'm sure your friends bought up the entire trading post. /sarcasm

The price will begin dropping hours or 1-2 days after it has peaked. Probably within 1 week.

No, the price will not reach 2s any time soon, but that is not a health place for a Sigil te be in any way.

It is about getting the shiny now. Price insensitive buyers are willing to purchase their Sigils now not willing to wait until prices drop. Over an entire market this causes a massive spike.

There are people hoarding thousands of these sigils and now cashing them in. There are also those who first realised the need for the cheap sigil and bought up all the supply to cash in.

Both the mass hoarding future speculators and the TP barons exist.

You’re just ignorant if you think otherwise.

@Ezrael.6859 said:

There are people hoarding thousands of these sigils and now cashing them in. There are also those who first realised the need for the cheap sigil and bought up all the supply to cash in.

Both the mass hoarding future speculators and the TP barons exist.

You’re just ignorant if you think otherwise.

and the price will still fall even without new supply in form of increased drop rates or withheld supply entering the market since new supply entering the market can not be pre-purchased.

Demand dropping will reduce the price while putting pressure on people to sell their Sigils for as much as possible.

I am the one who is ignorant?

@Mewcifer.5198 said:The problem is that anet is forcing people to rely on an item that is either once per character or random chance for a collection that was one of their selling points for the episode. It makes the whole collection very tedious and frustrating.

Arenanet has exact metrics as to how many Sigils are available, how many are entering the game/market and how many will be required for the collection. They have ALL the data.

If there really was a problem with the supply of the Sigil and the price was over performing(aka it remains over what they were hoping for) they will address this in the future with the longterm in mind. That is a very big IF given they have x amount of months and years worth of data.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:The problem is that anet is forcing people to rely on an item that is either once per character or random chance for a collection that was one of their selling points for the episode. It makes the whole collection very tedious and frustrating.

Arenanet has exact metrics as to how many Sigils are available, how many are entering the game/market and how many will be required for the collection. They have ALL the data.

If there really was a problem with the supply of the Sigil and the price was over performing(aka it remains over what they were hoping for) they will address this in the future with the longterm in mind. That is a very big IF given they have x amount of months and years worth of data.

You have way more faith in them than I do.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

You have way more faith in them than I do.

Let's put it this way:I have more faith in Arenanet than in individuals reacting to a short term market shift due to a change on the demand side.

Especially when these kind of spikes occur with almost every Living World Episode releasing.

So, in the last two days, the Sigil which is needed for the new armour went from 2.5s to 9g, within a couple of hours 15,000 were bought from the TP and re-listed. Currently, they are only available from drops and any exotic with one is now starting at 13g and going up from there.

Sigil of Nullification on GW2Spidy

Can we get a recipe made for these sigils, please? That way the price will be tied to a T6 item and ecto, so they remain within reach of casual players and not a commodity to be hoarded by the TP barons and sold at the highest price the market can bear.

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:So, in the last two days, the Sigil which is needed for the new armour went from 2.5s to 9g, within a couple of hours 15,000 were bought from the TP and re-listed. Currently, they are only available from drops and any exotic with one is now starting at 13g and going up from there.

Sigil of Nullification on GW2Spidy

Can we get a recipe made for these sigils, please? That way the price will be tied to a T6 item and ecto, so they remain within reach of casual players and not a commodity to be hoarded by the TP barons and sold at the highest price the market can bear.

Sadly, that will just drive up the price of the relevant T6 material(s) and ectos, so we'd be back where we started except that it would impact crafting lots of other things.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:So, in the last two days, the Sigil which is needed for the new armour went from 2.5s to 9g, within a couple of hours 15,000 were bought from the TP and re-listed. Currently, they are only available from drops and any exotic with one is now starting at 13g and going up from there.

Sadly, that will just drive up the price of the relevant T6 material(s) and ectos, so we'd be back where we started except that it would impact crafting lots of other things.

At least mats are more easily farmable :/

1) There's already an active thread on the subject.2) The price will start falling within a week, when the initial surge has passed. Not back down to vendor price as it was, but I'm willing to bet that it'll be below 5g per sigil in less than a month and less than 1g within two months from now. Likely sooner for both!

Archived