Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged] - Page 36 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

13334363839

Comments

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    Totems spiked, but that was to be expected. They will come down eventually, as they have a much bigger (and stable) supply source, while nullification demand is short term.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Okay. so where is the recipe acquired. I looked through all of the Master Crafters and even tried discovery....nothing. Is it a drop?

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Doofenschmirtz.5197 said:
    Okay. so where is the recipe acquired. I looked through all of the Master Crafters and even tried discovery....nothing. Is it a drop?

    Yeah check weapon upgrades on the master crafters. You need 5 symbols of control.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

    I'll take it :)

  • @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Doofenschmirtz.5197 said:
    Okay. so where is the recipe acquired. I looked through all of the Master Crafters and even tried discovery....nothing. Is it a drop?


    Yeah check weapon upgrades on the master crafters. You need 5 symbols of control.

    Thank you

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gop.8713 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

    I'll take it :)

    It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

    I'll take it :)

    It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

    It's accessible now, that's all that matters really . . .

  • Yay!!!!!!!

  • @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

    I'll take it :)

    It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

    I was hoping they'd make it cost less than that (e.g. ~1g to 3g range each), but at least it's craftable now.

    Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kalendraf.9521 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

    I'll take it :)

    It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

    I was hoping they'd make it cost less than that (e.g. ~1g to 3g range each), but at least it's craftable now.

    Fair enough, however the items are farmable without costing anything too.

  • The crafting of the sigil cost currently 9g, so it isn't craftable at a decent price.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yes, but as mentioned above all the components are easily available, so you don't really need to spend a copper (well, except for the initial recipe i guess) and can farm them yourself.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Yes, but as mentioned above all the components are easily available, so you don't really need to spend a copper (well, except for the initial recipe i guess) and can farm them yourself.

    Speaking from an economical point of view farming something is not the same as not spending a copper. There is this thing called opportunity cost, so you have to compare your farming activity with what you would have done otherwise. But I do think the prices for some materials for crafting Sigils of Nullification are quite inflated at the moment and the situation will become better... unlike for other things for which Anet chose crafting materials that are even rarer than Sigils of Nullification before this patch.

  • FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Yes, but as mentioned above all the components are easily available, so you don't really need to spend a copper (well, except for the initial recipe i guess) and can farm them yourself.

    Yeah, crafting cost if you get the materials yourself is not 9 gold. Sure right now people go crazy over the materials needed rather than the sigils (and people try to sell the materials at a higher price rather than the sigil itself), but over time the price will most likely drop, as impatient people either bought it and patient people just farm it themselves.

    The most important thing is, you actually have that option.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @FrizzFreston.5290 said:
    The most important thing is, you actually have that option.

    Exactly.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • @FrizzFreston.5290 said:
    Yeah, crafting cost if you get the materials yourself is not 9 gold. Sure right now people go crazy over the materials needed rather than the sigils (and people try to sell the materials at a higher price rather than the sigil itself), but over time the price will most likely drop, as impatient people either bought it and patient people just farm it themselves.

    When they fix the bug with the drop rate of the symbols, that isn't the problem. I think you need to many of the other components. Even with the regular buy price of ectos(16s) and the Elaborate Totem(23s) the sigil costs at least 3,9g. I think that is still too high. And farming the resources is not an option if you can farm the gold much faster.

    Now, when you look at other sigils, they have the same problem, but other then in the case of the sigil of nullification, their starting price is under 1g. So in the future, you will have to pay for this sigils 5-20 times the price from before.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord Alfred.6541 said:

    @FrizzFreston.5290 said:
    Yeah, crafting cost if you get the materials yourself is not 9 gold. Sure right now people go crazy over the materials needed rather than the sigils (and people try to sell the materials at a higher price rather than the sigil itself), but over time the price will most likely drop, as impatient people either bought it and patient people just farm it themselves.

    When they fix the bug with the drop rate of the symbols, that isn't the problem. I think you need to many of the other components. Even with the regular buy price of ectos(16s) and the Elaborate Totem(23s) the sigil costs at least 3,9g. I think that is still too high. And farming the resources is not an option if you can farm the gold much faster.

    Now, when you look at other sigils, they have the same problem, but other then in the case of the sigil of nullification, their starting price is under 1g. So in the future, you will have to pay for this sigils 5-20 times the price from before.

    Just looking at the cost to craft the sigil of nullification misses the point. Linking the supply of the sigil to readily available mats stabilizes the price. The problem this collection created was that a 600g investment both increased the price of the sigil 800-fold and removed the entire stock of the sigil from the tp with no ready means to replace it. Making the sigil craftable fixes both of those problems. A 600g investment in ectos and totems would do practically nothing to that market, and even if someone could buy up the entire supply it would be replaced by the constant supply of those mats from normal play. So if the crafting system had been in place when the episode launched, the problems with the collection would have been avoided . . .

    Also, from an individual player perspective this system is better bc it increases access to the sigils you want. With the crafting system, if you find yourself in need of a new set you can still buy off tp or you can look in your bank to see if you have the mats to craft it and if you're short you can look on tp to make up the difference or if you don't have gold you can buy them with karma or laurels or if you don't have any currency of any kind you can just go play the game and watch as the mats materialize. So while it is true that the worthless runes and sigils you didn't want anyway now cost more than they did, moving forward all the runes and sigils you want -- most particularly the ones you don't know you want yet -- will be constantly available, and at a stable price . . .

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    But it’s not about the price, as many people have said in this thread...
    Now we’ve got a solid recipe, it’s very clear this thread was all about the price.

    Solid recipe with items you can acquire yourself. The sigil of nullification costs 8g to craft, which is similar to the 9g it used to be on the tp, and yet there is little reason to complain even if the price is similar. Meaning, the price was never the problem.

  • I rather craft them from scratch than buying from the ppl that got stacks of them on day 1.
    The price can be the same np, I craft everything, even the totems.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    But it’s not about the price, as many people have said in this thread...
    Now we’ve got a solid recipe, it’s very clear this thread was all about the price.

    Can't tell if this is irony, trolling or just a truly radical interpretation of the text lol . . .

  • Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

    Holy freaking... I salvaged 50 exotic weapons since this thing came out, not even one of those thingies you need...

    I'm fine with that I guess, just means I have to buy them off the tp while everything else is farmed

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Zero in fifty wouldn't really be surprising given the drop rate data posted so far, and the effect of the low drop rate is exaggerated rn bc lots of ppl are buying new recipes and crafting new sets to try out. Once new meta builds are established and ppl have already purchased the recipes, the motes, charms and symbols should be a non-factor in the cost to craft . . .

  • Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

    I just think anet needs a better way of obtaining those symbols, it definitely makes me want to hoard more dungeon tokens to buy superior sigils to salvage.. but after not seeing any progress using a hefty amount of tokens from those odds.. why even bother.

    Why bother with this

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If this actually pushes ppl back into dungeons, bonus ! ! ! :p

    But yeah I wouldn't worry about trying to 'farm' the symbols. Just play, they'll show up over time . . .

  • Syrus.2174Syrus.2174 Member ✭✭✭

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    But it’s not about the price, as many people have said in this thread...
    Now we’ve got a solid recipe, it’s very clear this thread was all about the price.

    Now different people come and make it all about the price.

    Though, I have not looked into drop rates for required materials (or even the required materials themselves) - if they are very very low ... we're back to square one anyway*.
    So, technically it is somewhat about the price, as price is defined by availability and supply... It's all interconnected!

    • as in: something "drops" so rarely, that it in no way can sustain the supply to satisfy the demand.
  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018

    So let me guess, no one bought the Sigils when they were sub 5 gold on the TP when the price crashed?

    I mentioned this way back, this is precursor crafting all over.

    Wanting a way to craft something is not the same as wanting it to be very very cheap. It's good to know where one stands on this issue and I have a feeling some people think they want one thing but they actually want the other (in this case pretending that they want the ability to craft when they simply wanted the sigil for less).

    That said, I did buy my 25 Sigils when the price bottomed out at around 4.90g per sigil. I was willing to take the risk that the price might drop even further but was more than happy to pay 125 gold for the sigils to secure myself in case the price does not continue to drop.

  • @Syrus.2174 said:

    • as in: something "drops" so rarely, that it in no way can sustain the supply to satisfy the demand.

    Except there was no evidence of that. The long-term supply outstripped the long-term demand, just not the short term panic market. Over the months before Requiem armor, the market supply of sigils grew even though there was no demand and people were only getting half a copper above vendor value, i.e. there was no reason for people to list their sigils on the TP then.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Syrus.2174 said:

    • as in: something "drops" so rarely, that it in no way can sustain the supply to satisfy the demand.

    Except there was no evidence of that. The long-term supply outstripped the long-term demand, just not the short term panic market. Over the months before Requiem armor, the market supply of sigils grew even though there was no demand and people were only getting half a copper above vendor value, i.e. there was no reason for people to list their sigils on the TP then.

    There was also no evidence that the supply of sigils was going to meet the demand created by the collection in the near future either, but the ability to craft runes and sigils has eliminated that problem so why even try to continue arguing the point . . ?

    Happily, there is no reason to believe that the crafting system will suffer from the same lack of supply that the sigils did, which I think was the actual concern Syrus was trying to express . . .

    If ppl want to argue that the introduction of sigil crafting didn't 'fix' the collection that's true. The damage from that error was already done and for a solution to be effective anet would have needed to introduce it much more quickly than the crafting system which eventually came along. But what the crafting system does do is help to ensure that this error is not repeated, except potentially with the few recipes that require components with no ready means of supply which you have pointed out elsewhere. So for players overall it's not just a win, but a big win. It should be celebrated . . .

  • Gambino.2109Gambino.2109 Member ✭✭✭

    Welp with this symbol drop rate being absolute abysmal.. rng almost as bad as getting an exotic with nullification on it... I'm just gonna slowly level up a toon to 64 at a snail pace but eventually get them as I go.

    Not sure what they we're thinking when they made symbols insanely hard to acquire and depended on a network of sellers.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gambino.2109 said:
    Welp with this symbol drop rate being absolute abysmal.. rng almost as bad as getting an exotic with nullification on it... I'm just gonna slowly level up a toon to 64 at a snail pace but eventually get them as I go.

    Not sure what they we're thinking when they made symbols insanely hard to acquire and depended on a network of sellers.

    You have to keep in mind this is an entirely new system with newly introduced mats. There are some things working against the free flow of charms and symbols rn that will actually be beneficial in the future. Obv with the rune and sigil changes, a lot of ppl are making new sets rn, testing out new builds, etc. So the charms and symbols are in unusually high demand atm, and since they're new, there was not any preexisting supply to buffer that demand . . .

    Also bc it's a new system, everyone has to spend mats to learn the recipes before they can even start using the mats to make the new runes and sigils. That's a one time cost that is further restricting the number of charms and symbols available rn, but will have a greatly diminished effect moving forward since the recipes only have to be bought once . . .

    Finally, the charms and symbols can be sent to mat storage. This is a very big deal. It has a negative effect rn bc a lot of the charms and symbols that are being dropped are probably being sent straight to storage by players who aren't terribly interested in the rune and sigil changes and are just playing the game the same way they did on Monday, salvaging their loots and sending their mats to storage . . .

    That means that if the demand for charms and symbols spikes in the future, there will be a lot more of them to go around. Imagine if runes and sigils could be sent to mat storage. You would likely have mat storage full of runes and sigils just like you have cloth and leather now. So when anet introduced this collection and you suddenly needed 25 sigils of nullification, you might not have had them all in mat storage bc they were a pretty rare drop, but you would have had some, and so would everyone else. So the supply at the beginning of the collection would have been much greater . . .

    The charms and symbols are even better bc you're not storing the actual rune or sigil, you're only storing the capacity to craft them, so you can pick whichever you need when you need it. It's pretty perfect really . . .

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gop.8713 said:
    Happily, there is no reason to believe that the crafting system will suffer from the same lack of supply that the sigils did, which I think was the actual concern Syrus was trying to express . . .

    Not for Nullification anyway. Some of the other sigils and runes do use some ...questionable components. (like freshwater pearls, maguma lilies, giant eyes and, to top all of that, Azurite kitten orbs).

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:
    Happily, there is no reason to believe that the crafting system will suffer from the same lack of supply that the sigils did, which I think was the actual concern Syrus was trying to express . . .

    Not for Nullification anyway. Some of the other sigils and runes do use some ...questionable components. (like freshwater pearls, maguma lilies, giant eyes and, to top all of that, Azurite kitten orbs).

    Yeah, would def be a problem if anet introduced a story collection requiring 25 sigils of concentration :p

    And some of the individual recipes may need tweaking once things have settled down, but perhaps not. Sigil of Concentration may fall out of favor with the change to its effect, giant eyes can be farmed through map rewards, Idk how much demand there will be for runes of hoelbrak, etc . . .

  • Syrus.2174Syrus.2174 Member ✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:
    Happily, there is no reason to believe that the crafting system will suffer from the same lack of supply that the sigils did, which I think was the actual concern Syrus was trying to express . . .

    Not for Nullification anyway. Some of the other sigils and runes do use some ...questionable components. (like freshwater pearls, maguma lilies, giant eyes and, to top all of that, Azurite kitten orbs).

    Yeah, well, looking at the overall rune/sigil prices now, it feels like the problem (of lack of supply, not the one of rushing content giving a massive advantage) has been expanded, with supply not matching demand. But then again, many of them have been changed, so people may be changing their current ones, driving prices up for the moment. ...
    I don't understand the choice of materials for the recipes though. I guess I don't understand a lot of Anet market related choices anymore...

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Syrus.2174 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:
    Happily, there is no reason to believe that the crafting system will suffer from the same lack of supply that the sigils did, which I think was the actual concern Syrus was trying to express . . .

    Not for Nullification anyway. Some of the other sigils and runes do use some ...questionable components. (like freshwater pearls, maguma lilies, giant eyes and, to top all of that, Azurite kitten orbs).

    Yeah, well, looking at the overall rune/sigil prices now, it feels like the problem (of lack of supply, not the one of rushing content giving a massive advantage) has been expanded, with supply not matching demand. But then again, many of them have been changed, so people may be changing their current ones, driving prices up for the moment. ...
    I don't understand the choice of materials for the recipes though. I guess I don't understand a lot of Anet market related choices anymore...

    Yes, supply of the new mats is low bc ppl are testing and replacing a lot of sets due to the rune/sigil revamp, and also bc, well, they're new :p The symbol/charm prices will reach vendor level over time . . .

    Using the recipes to tie runes and sigils to readily available mats isn't a problem, it's the fix. If players like those who exploited this collection to abuse other players tried to repeat their behavior in the future they would be unable to do so, since they would need to buy up not only all the sigils -- which would be harder since they will cost more now -- but they would also need to buy up the mats used to make the sigils. Even if they succeeded in this, they would still fail to corner the market since players would also have these mats in storage and they are farmable in the open world. So everything will cost more, which prevents the one thing you actually want from costing a lot more. It's just a world of win, as evidenced by the complaints from the ones who are disappointed that those of us who wanted to play the game instead of the market got what we wanted :)

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2018

    The only shining light here is that the new system will maintain the primary importance of the TP and the economy of the game. Not sure how people don't see it, but you traded farming a sigil with farming Charms. I guess that's a win for you, even though it will be harder for you to farm charms than farm the sigil.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • who cares? until Tuesday, nullification was of some value for all classes. Since Tuesday, only thieves can use it. So it will bomb out soon enough.

    Strangely, there are no weaver, tempest, ranger, mesmer etc pp only sigils.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    who cares? until Tuesday, nullification was of some value for all classes. Since Tuesday, only thieves can use it. So it will bomb out soon enough.

    Strangely, there are no weaver, tempest, ranger, mesmer etc pp only sigils.

    Not sure that's accurate; it's not about about how useful it is to a class that causes the demand for the item. The fact you need 25 of them for a quest more than makes up for players wanting to use it as actual sigils for armor.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    in this case pretending that they want the ability to craft when they simply wanted the sigil for less

    About the same price it had before a handful of players rushed the episode, figured out that you need 25 of this rare sigil, then bought the entire supply for less than 400g, causing the price to skyrocket. Finally they got rich by re-selling them (we are talking about a 6 digit gold value)

    It's not that I want the sigil for less, but I don't like being exploited and before some smart guy says "that's the free market", they could've made it so you need 1 sigil to finish the armor, the price would still rise above the current value, but not skyrocket from 2 silver to as high as 10 gold, this is a massive increase in price that made the early rushers so rich they no longer have to buy any gems for the lifetime of the game (good job there Anet). How much will I pay with the new system? I don't really care because it's the system for everyone now, not giving a different treatment to special snowflakes (in this case rushers). Which is why I wouldn't have any complaints if they already required a vast amount of gold to finish the collection. It's not the price that's the problem, it never was and will never be.

  • Sojourner.4621Sojourner.4621 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2018

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    who cares? until Tuesday, nullification was of some value for all classes. Since Tuesday, only thieves can use it. So it will bomb out soon enough.

    Strangely, there are no weaver, tempest, ranger, mesmer etc pp only sigils.

    Suddenly other classes can't attack from behind or the side? Flanking isn't a class mechanic... literally any class can do it, it's just that until now thief was the only class that really took advantage of it (Oh, and ranger... most of the shortbow skills have extra effects from flanking). This sigil works JUST fine for any class, it just means that class has to.... WALK an entire inch to strip a boon every 5 seconds. You should be doing this anyway, positioning in combat is so important when it comes to avoiding attacks.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    The only shining light here is that the new system will maintain the primary importance of the TP and the economy of the game. Not sure how people don't see it, but you traded farming a sigil with farming Charms. I guess that's a win for you, even though it will be harder for you to farm charms than farm the sigil.

    This is simply inaccurate. They've existed for less than a week and charms and symbols are already more plentiful than the sigil was. And they go into mat storage, so moving forward they will be available when needed to players who have been playing the game. And players who would rather purchase off tp will still be able to do so. Not really any downside that I can see, so yep, def a win . . .

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2018

    @Gop.8713 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    The only shining light here is that the new system will maintain the primary importance of the TP and the economy of the game. Not sure how people don't see it, but you traded farming a sigil with farming Charms. I guess that's a win for you, even though it will be harder for you to farm charms than farm the sigil.

    This is simply inaccurate. They've existed for less than a week and charms and symbols are already more plentiful than the sigil was. And they go into mat storage, so moving forward they will be available when needed to players who have been playing the game.

    Nothing inaccurate about what I said. TP will still remain the primary source for mats in the game when people want them, whether it's a charm or a sigil; that doesn't change because a fringe group of people are dedicated to farming all their own mats. I have nothing against the new crafting system but it's not different than anything else in this game when it comes to how it's crafted and how mats are available for it.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And to think, this whole thing could have been avoided if Anet had just charged gold outright to do that collection, like they did with the griffin (which few, if any, people complained about).

    That's the big difference: the griffin's price was fair, paid equally by everyone. There weren't any people who rushed through PoF and got the griffin for a few gold, while people who took their time and savored the content ended up having to pay hundreds of times that much.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Let’s be honest here, these changes were well in the works probably before episode 4 was released.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hyper Cutter.9376 said:
    And to think, this whole thing could have been avoided if Anet had just charged gold outright to do that collection, like they did with the griffin (which few, if any, people complained about).

    That's the big difference: the griffin's price was fair, paid equally by everyone. There weren't any people who rushed through PoF and got the griffin for a few gold, while people who took their time and savored the content ended up having to pay hundreds of times that much.

    To be accurate, what is equal is not always fair. That's the case with Griffon.

    Also, what is fair is not always equal either. That's the case with the sigil

    Simply put, don't make a correlation between equality and fair.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • I am personnally happy with the change. I now have options that I did not had before.

    If I'm not in a hurry, I can play the game as I want, knowing that I will eventually get all the mats I need to craft the sigils.

    If I'm missing some mats when I'll want to craft the sigils, I can buy the mats off the TP.

    If I'm in a hurry, I can still buy the sigils directly off the TP.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

    @Obtena.7952 said:

    @Hyper Cutter.9376 said:
    And to think, this whole thing could have been avoided if Anet had just charged gold outright to do that collection, like they did with the griffin (which few, if any, people complained about).

    That's the big difference: the griffin's price was fair, paid equally by everyone. There weren't any people who rushed through PoF and got the griffin for a few gold, while people who took their time and savored the content ended up having to pay hundreds of times that much.

    To be accurate, what is equal is not always fair. That's the case with Griffon.

    Also, what is fair is not always equal either. That's the case with the sigil

    Simply put, don't make a correlation between equality and fair.

    Indeed, with the caveat that the Sigil case might be considered to be neither equal nor fair.
    And whether griffon case was fair or not, it was at least equally (un)fair to everyone.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.