[Answered/Solved] Is gold in "Run Around for No Reason" only doable with a Mesmer?

Ashantara.8731

Edit (because people still keep responding :) ): This has already been answered. I managed gold days ago, thanks. ;)

As the title suggests. I am thinking, maybe I should play through this ep with a thief next, as I can imagine the hopping around being of help here. ;)

Has anyone mananged with another profession than Mesmer so far?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Any class can do it. Try using mounts.

I did use mounts, but the low gravity in the cave made them really slow. I only had a quick go, though, because I was busy playing the story first. ;) Now I was curious how others have fared with this.

I did it with griffin and I think someone on the forums mentioned that they did it with the wolf.

I did it on my guardian with my mounts under 35 seconds. Used jackal first, ran around, jumped off to jump on the shrooms, mounted up to the next shroom switched to bunny and ran on my bunny to the one on the ledge, switched mount again and used two jackal jumps to get the last one and the finish.

You do need to set some mount shortcuts though. (Mine are like alt + 1 through 6)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Nope, any class, any class can do it, because its gated on whether or not you can make sharp turns on your Jackal

I just edited my OP, as people seem to miss my later comment:

@Ashantara.8731 said:It really was doable with a Jackal. I had tried only twice before, with a Springer, then switching to the Jackal at the end. But this was much easier. :)

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:I did it on my guardian with my mounts under 35 seconds. Used jackal first, ran around, jumped off to jump on the shrooms, mounted up to the next shroom switched to bunny and ran on my bunny to the one on the ledge, switched mount again and used two jackal jumps to get the last one and the finish.

You do need to set some mount shortcuts though. (Mine are like alt + 1 through 6)

Just out of curiosity, did you switch Griffon from alt+5 to alt+6 after the beetle came out, because I did and it messed with my brain for a week.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:I did it on my guardian with my mounts under 35 seconds. Used jackal first, ran around, jumped off to jump on the shrooms, mounted up to the next shroom switched to bunny and ran on my bunny to the one on the ledge, switched mount again and used two jackal jumps to get the last one and the finish.

Just out of curiosity, did you switch Griffon from alt+5 to alt+6 after the beetle came out, because I did and it messed with my brain for a week.

Nah I just added the new beetle mount with the next number. Im lazy like that xD

Archived