Largos Stacking Debuff Mechanic Question

Hey all,

In most attempts of w6b2, when on the last platform of the fight you gain a stacking debuff that increases the damage you take by 2% per stack. However, occasionally I don't see that happening.

Has anyone figured out what causes that mechanic to occur/not occur? My guess is that it is tied to falling into the water earlier in the fight, but not 100% sure. The videos where I don't see the debuff on the player is also the same run where they get the "dont get hit by the water" achievement.

I've seen mixed vods. Nike's largos CM vod he doesn't get the stacking debuff on the 4th platform. Other CM vods where people get the "don't get hit by the water" achievement they do have the stacking debuff.

So I"m a bit confused as to whether or not this is a bug, or if there is some way to avoid getting that stacking 2% damage on the last platform all together.

You're speaking of two different things. Debuff and achi are separate - achi just requires you to never hit the real water (even when moving platforms, which mean your group needs to have enough dps the platform will still be high enough to get to water sprout without hitting the water surface). Debuff however comes from water and from white pools on platforms. So, you can have both the debuff, and achi.

No I'm speaking about a 3rd thing entirely. On the final platform there is an additional debuff that is stacking. It makes you take 2% extra damage per stack. It looks like a broken piece of armor over your buff bar. Almost any vod of the fight will show you what it looks like when it is active. However, I've only found Nike's vod (see below) where it does NOT appear on his bar. That made me believe either it is a bug, or somehow you can avoid gaining this 2% stacking debuff entirely.

I'm not sure which one you are talking about.. mmmmIf you touch the water, you get a debuff, if that buff reaches 10, you die.If you get out of water after a while the debuff will go away.In one of the achievement, you can not get any of the water debuff, which is quite easy to get with good DPs groupNot sure if this is what you meant? ?

I did the dont fall in water achieve and got the stacking debuff, so its not the deep water that causes it at least. I did get the regular water debuff from tornados tho.

I think it is most likely a bug to not get it, as ive seen it every single time ive killed them. Theres also a bug that cause tornadoes to not spawn and the bosses to not move platforms, so mechanics seem wonky atm.

The reading comprehension in this thread is nonexistant. He's not talking about the Waterlogged stacks that you instantly die from. I don't know how people even considered he was talking about that. In the very opening comment he talked about "2% damage per stack", you already know Waterlogged doesn't do that.

Either this is just bugged or they found an exploit... AFAIK the only way to counter this mechanic is to switch platforms since they each have unique stacking debuffs.

What is also weird in that video is that at the 25% phase, not a single person got tidal pool cast on them... So definitely something buggy going on with him that pull. At first I thought maybe the dps was so good, he never got the chance to use it, but that's not really how the mechanic works (he just uses it every 13seconds), and that also wouldn't explain not getting the debuff.

I don't really think it's something conscious they are doing or is recreatable tho, because if it was they wouldn't have uploaded the video. :bleep_bloop:

@"Grimjack.8130" said:The reading comprehension in this thread is nonexistant. He's not talking about the Waterlogged stacks that you instantly die from. I don't know how people even considered he was talking about that. In the very opening comment he talked about "2% damage per stack", you already know Waterlogged doesn't do that.

Hey man, reading is hard.

Archived