Help. I glitched outside the map and now I am stuck in a hole

Kroginatier.7849

This legit isn't a joke :( I started playing earlier this week and I was climbing what I thought was a mountain and I accidentally glitched into the background. I was trying to talk to people but I was separated by a wall, I tried to get back out and now I have fallen into a hole, is there a way to telelport out? I don't want to start a new character :C

Also, before you waypoint (if it isn't too late) type /stuck in your map chat (or any of the chats). This will auto generate a bug report for Anet to investigate to see if there is something that needs to be adjusted in the code. I've had it happen to me a couple of times and it is very frustrating, you have my sympathies...especially since one of those times I was so close to a way point I didn't have I could almost taste it! :)

I've been stuck outside the map a couple of times. It's especially frustrating when you are considered to be 'in combat' and can't port to wp. I've had it persist through logging off/on etc. Basically how I got out was to find my way to a space where I was no longer in range of aggro and no longer 'in combat'. One time, stuck in a tiny space, I had to wait for a boss event to complete and the mobs to all be wiped out to do this. Ultimately if nothing is possible, open a ticket. Meanwhile explore if you can. You can get some nifty views of the world above through transparent ground while swimming in an endless ocean.

@"Biff.5312" said:I've been stuck outside the map a couple of times. It's especially frustrating when you are considered to be 'in combat' and can't port to wp. I've had it persist through logging off/on etc. Basically how I got out was to find my way to a space where I was no longer in range of aggro and no longer 'in combat'. One time, stuck in a tiny space, I had to wait for a boss event to complete and the mobs to all be wiped out to do this. Ultimately if nothing is possible, open a ticket. Meanwhile explore if you can. You can get some nifty views of the world above through transparent ground while swimming in an endless ocean.

Being "in combat" does not persist through character swap.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Biff.5312" said:I've been stuck outside the map a couple of times. It's especially frustrating when you are considered to be 'in combat' and can't port to wp. I've had it persist through logging off/on etc. Basically how I got out was to find my way to a space where I was no longer in range of aggro and no longer 'in combat'. One time, stuck in a tiny space, I had to wait for a boss event to complete and the mobs to all be wiped out to do this. Ultimately if nothing is possible, open a ticket. Meanwhile explore if you can. You can get some nifty views of the world above through transparent ground while swimming in an endless ocean.

Being "in combat" does not persist through character swap.

I once had it persist through logging out and back in, but I think that might have been a bug rather than anything intended to happen.

I also had a problem where I fell into a tiny hole and ended up below several enemies and permanently in combat because if I logged out and back in my character would appear in the map while I was still seeing the loading screen and then they'd start attacking me before I was able to click on a waypoint. I was in combat because they were attacking me but I couldn't kill them and they couldn't kill me because the terrain blocked all the attacks.

I got out of it by asking other people on the map to come over and kill them. Fortunately someone was nearby and found speech bubbles appearing from the ground intriguing so he was willing to help me.

Archived