Revenant: New legend come next expansion...gonna be big

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I doubt it will be Joko, I think Lazarus would make for a more interesting revenant legend if we're going the villain route. Main hand scepter for weapon since revenant could use more ranged options IMO.

Dunno, the last one was also a ranged weapon, how likely is Anet to do that twice in a row? Maybe if they did go with a scepter, they might turn it on its head and work in a weird way, kinda like they did with the hammer.

I wouldn't mind something named after Razah from guild wars 1. He was a really unique character and it would give them a chance to keep revenant as its own unique profession that plays completely different from everything else. I believe he started as a Ritualist, right? But he could change his primary profession to anything couldn't he?

If it wasn't some unique spec based on Razah, then I would hope for a Dervish themed spec. But greatsword is in pretty high demand by the revenant community I think so I imagine if devs pay attention to that sort of thing when brainstorming it's pretty likely we could get it.

@Jimbru.6014 said:Jora. The Norn heroine who killed Svanir.

No, Svanir the nornbear with dual daggers imitating his savagery in combat. Either that or that really cool version if Asgeir that has been roaming the forum threads as a spec Idea for like a year.... I don't want jora because honestly THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER NORN LEGENDS TO CHOOSE FROM. Just because she was one we actually met and knew does not mean she has to BE the legend for the revenant she can factor into the plot in so many other ways.

I honestly want more evil characters to be channeled that we either have only heard of, or have killed before guild wars 2. Balth, Joko, scarlet, mordremoth, zaithan are all too fresh and it would be weird channeling them to kill them right? Let them be the antagonists of this era, but let us pull power from those of the past hell maybe even lore only figures. For example why do balthazar? Especially when we have his pure evil half brother menzies who leads the shadow army to pull from, we could just channel his power and hand him a greatsword give it the balth animations and make the fire like a blackish-red to match the revenants base energy color and there you have it. Taken care of.

Joko really would of been cool had they not dicked him over in guild wars 2, that and again channeling him would be weird as anyone who plays the living world will basically be calling on his power to use against him which just... I mean thematically it sounds weird. (At some point the lore and comfortable nature in which your character fits into the story needs to take prevalence over the rule of cool.) We could however get a lich outside of joko and Id be down with that, why not the Lich from guild wars 1? He basically kicked off all the events and sunk orr in the first place... he was extremely powerful and could make for a good legend, hand him all the joko shenanigans we've seen be suggested as a legend and there you go... suto joko without ruining the feel of the narrative anymore than it already has been.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I doubt it will be Joko, I think Lazarus would make for a more interesting revenant legend if we're going the villain route. Main hand scepter for weapon since revenant could use more ranged options IMO.

Dunno, the last one was also a ranged weapon, how likely is Anet to do that twice in a row? Maybe if they did go with a scepter, they might turn it on its head and work in a weird way, kinda like they did with the hammer.

make it a melee weapon....then give us a whip skin. xD

Archived