Which class has the most raw sustained DPS potential?

Rise.8259

I'd like to create a character built around outputting the maximum sustained DPS against bosses and such in PvE. But I'm not sure which class should be my go-to for that.I suspect the mesmer and necro can output a lot of sustained condition damage, and condition damage is even better against bosses as I understand. I'm not sure which is better, though. The engineer has some potential in that area but not the best as far as I know. The opinion of engineer's seems to be that you worker harder to achieve less than other classes do.The deadeye or ranger can output a lot of damage at range, but I wonder if that is more burst rather than sustained. It's also power/crit based.I really have no idea where the elementalist falls on the sustained DPS charts against a single target. I just know they can do a lot of AoE damage.I also have tended to focus only on ranged DPS, so I really don't know what the DPS potential of various melee options are like warrior, melee rogue, revenant or whatever.

Which class has the highest dps in any situation depends on a number of factors:

• Boon uptime
  • Size of the boss's hitbox
  • The boss's toughness
  • Burst- and invulnerability phases
  • Movement

There are some raiding guilds that provide dps benchmarks. These benchmarks are an upper limit and assume a perfect situation.https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

Archived