Would you like a GW1 style E spec for Elementalist

Phyrak.7260

Hey there,

Perhaps turning the mechanics of the Elementalist on its head when it comes to the dancing between the elements.

The Elementalist of GW1 is a little more focused on the way of elemental damage and support.

As for an E spec;In my mind I think the name 'Ascendant' works nicely - perhaps gaining additional stats based on the single element chosen.F1-4 are the usual 4 elements.F5 is somewhat similar to how the Soulbeast can absorb and ascend, taking the base element of the weapon held up a notch.Gaining new 1-5 similar to how a necro has its shroud.

I am unfamiliar with the skills we are currently missing from GW1 that could translate across to GW2 in order to make this concept work.

As for utilities;Traps or consecrations would fit the bill for the theme of the Ascendant.

Weapon;Main hand focus to further 'focus' the mindset of staying in one element.

Short/longbow for a 900-1200 range weapon - perhaps speaking to the purity of flaming arrows or the wrath of a storm.

How would you see a camping single Elementalist work with E specs?

What weapon and utilities would you like to see or see work with synergy with the Elementalists current skills?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:simply put: Wont happen. EverWhy: Every single Ele weapon would need to be redesigned to function with a single attunement. Anet wont fix Ele as it is, you think they would do that for an expansion?

Just realized

This should have been a discussion rather than a question... bugger...

Just for clarification, are we speaking to the number scaling of the abilities?

@Phyrak.7260 said:Just realized

This should have been a discussion rather than a question... kitten...

Just for clarification, are we speaking to the number scaling of the abilities?

Well Anet would have to change all the weapons to make it so they have the same effects (healing, CC, Mobility and such) down from 20 skills into 5 skills. This wouldnt be a huge problem if Ele could weapon swap but the reason Engineer get away with it is due to the many Kits they have. They could i guess make it so this spec has weapon swap and make it so each weapon has the abilities from a specific attunement, so Scepter would likely be Air, Focus Earth but then you have more weapons than attunements so crossovers would have to happen

• 2 weeks later...

Only way I could see something like this happening would be adding an F5 skill that allowed rotation between the elements, but only outside combat, and turning F1-F4 into non-weapon specific elemental skills, effectively creating a larger skillbar. Without doing so, every Ele weapon skill would have to be redone, because the cooldowns are built around the ability to swap elements.

Mechanically, they can do the same thing as Revenant. Outside of combat, you can select 2 elements and then you can swap between them with F1.

That means you lose half your weapon skills, so they can give an incentive in several ways. One would be to add F2-F5 buttons. Or they can unlock weapon swap, so you still have 40 skills, but you you can double down on 2 elements instead of being forced to spread across 4.

Archived