Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew should get a nerf.

Zhaid Zhem.6508

Nourishment (30 m): 100% Chance to Gain Might on Dodge+40% to Endurance Regeneration+10% Experience from Kills

Do not blame me, but it's juste insane; I use it on every character. Obvioulsy, Mirage, Daredevil, but also Holo, Weaver, War, with sigil of energy that is still 50% endurance not like in pvp, even on necro because it's OP.It should get nerfed to +25%, no more.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:Adrenalin-implantate (+50%), perma vigor via invigorating speed (50%), endurance enhancing food (+40%) (+ energy sigil) and you completely exploit vent-exhaust to get perma photon forge, even with increased passive heat via dmg-reduction trait.

Endurance regen is capped at +100%. The food does nothing for your endurance regen if you've already got that +100% from perma vigor and the implant trait.

It really rewards you if you are a good player who knows how to dodge.

I use this food on my power roaming herald as well, but on revenant this food is fair, you just get the might on dodge and the 40% regen, stop.

What it's pretty lame are mechanics connected to dodge which makes this food strong, see mirage stunbreak and one condi remove (maybe even a clone spawn?) on dodge, or stupid deadeye's stealth on dodge, or might makes right warrior, or holosmith vent exhaust.

The problem are mechanics connected to dodging, which are always pretty broken, this food allow to abuse them even more frequently, but in my opinion the food is not the problem.

Why people don't use it on core guardian or dh while roaming? Because there is no mechani that happens by dodging, if they make a trait, apply 3 seconds of aegis after a dodge, then the food will become mandatory for guardians roaming as well.

Even on spellbreakers is seldom used because you don't have might makes right, but just a fair food in this case, same for revenant using it.

@whoknocks.4935 said:It really rewards you if you are a good player who knows how to dodge.

I use this food on my power roaming herald as well, but on revenant this food is fair, you just get the might on dodge and the 40% regen, stop.

What it's pretty lame are mechanics connected to dodge which makes this food strong, see mirage stunbreak and one condi remove (maybe even a clone spawn?) on dodge, or stupid deadeye's stealth on dodge, or might makes right warrior, or holosmith vent exhaust.

The problem are mechanics connected to dodging, which are always pretty broken, this food allow to abuse them even more frequently, but in my opinion the food is not the problem.

> Why people don't use it on core guardian or dh while roaming? Because there is no mechani that happens by dodging, if they make a trait, apply 3 seconds of aegis after a dodge, then the food will become mandatory for guardians roaming as well.

Even on spellbreakers is seldom used because you don't have might makes right, but just a fair food in this case, same for revenant using it.

Guardian has a heal on Dodge if it's worth anything...

It works great with spellbreaker : Reckless Dodge + MMR. It works great with Soulbeast : Companion's Defense, rugged GrowthIt works great with Weaver : Arcane thing trait. It works with FB : the heals on dodge ( +2000 heals). With Holo (you save a trait in tools spec)Still, it is a free dodge.It works way too strong with mirage, and deadeye/daredevil, it's just the base mechanic of the spec. Mirage can get 1sec cloak/breakstun every ~6sec, even more with sigil of energy, ~20% of time invulnerable ( +stealth + distortion). The food is no more a simple bonus, it makes it a central point of the build.

I don't whine, on the contrary I buy this Food by stack of 250, it's just completly insane.

Vigor is fair, because you have to manage to get to it in traits and skills, and it still can get removed or corrupted.Sigil of Energy is ... it takes a slot on a weapon. Still don't understand why they don't use the pvp version.Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew, is not fair.

@santenal.1054 said:+40% endurance regen is like 1 extra dodge every 25 seconds (assuming your endurance bar is empty at all times). I never used this nourishment but it would be sad to see such an option disappear. It doesn't seem all that OP.

the normal Endurance reg gives you 1 dodge per 10 sec. with vigor and this Food you twice the endure reg so you can dodge every 5 sec. that dodge spamm is obviously OP. dodges should be a limited ressource to counter fight deciding skills of your Opponent and not a perma carry. especially on Mirage where a dodge last 1 sec. only this already create 20% invul uptime. and Mirage still have blurred frenzy, distortion and other stuff to get invul.

dodge spam in gw2 is a Problem and not just this Food is a Problem. sigil of Energy should get the same treatment like in pvp to 25 Endurance reg.

You regenerate 1 dodge in 10s baseline.1 dodge = 50 endurance.Therefore you regenerate 5 endurance every second.A 40% endurance regeneration increase means you gain +2 endurance a second which gives you an extra dodge over what you would have had normally every 25s.For reference that's 2/s

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endurance

In comparison energy sigils will give back 1 dodge about every 10s, that's an endurance regeneration rate of 5/sRune of adventure can vary between 5/s if used off cool down and 2.5/s if used with a 20s heal.

There's also a variety of traits and skills which can give more back but the key thing to remember is:

Endurance regeneration is capped at 100%, you cannot go over this without using something that dumps a load of endurance straight into the bar.

Also this food, rune and sigil is available to every single class, so why isn't everyone using it if it's so OP?

Simple answer is different strokes for different folks. 1 Extra dodge in 25s isn't that strong compared to -10% damage on a tanky player, extra healing on a support or straight up extra power on power damage builds with decent sustain where that 100 extra power can translate to 3k or more extra damage done over the same time frame.

Edit: What most of you have an issue with isn't the dodge food it's the traits that reward dodge spam or as is often complained about stunbreak on dodge. Stunbreak on dodge should never have been put in the game and instead of rattling your sabers at something that isn't particularly over tuned try properly analysing what the real problem is and that is most of the time the traits.

Archived