Where's Zojja — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Where's Zojja

Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

Is she even alive?

Comments

• Ceit.7619Ceit.7619 Member ✭✭✭

She is definitely alive, but we do not know her specific status. She was mentioned to still be healing from her time in the blighting pod during Eir's memorial service. She is also mentioned in the secret recordings in Rata Novis.

Eavesdropping the other room (it is not clear how many different researchers are talking):

Krewemaster (1): Don't worry about Taimi beating us to it. Phlunt assures me he has her under his thumb.
    Krewemaster (2): From what I hear, Taimi has an advantage. I'd excel if I had Zojja as a mentor too.
    Windall: Did you see where Taimi and that odd krewe of hers went?
    Researcher (1): The humans are all abuzz about some group called the White Mantle. They're so shortsighted.
    Researcher (2): I didn't capture it all, but I got some of the data in their krewe notes.
    Researcher (3): There's another charr here. That's multiple in one day. How odd.
    Researcher (4): I'm going to sneak a look at Taimi's equipment. Watch my back.
    Researcher (5): Poor kid. Stuck out here without her golem. I don't know how she does it.
    Researcher (6): Taimi? Yes, cute as a bug. If my son were here, I'd introduce them. Imagine the progeny.
    Windall: Is that the leader of the Vigil? Oh my. She's quite impressive.
    Researcher (7): (laugh) Don't tell him, but I secretly call him Blunt because he is. Taimi got a raw deal on that waypoint device.
    Researcher (8): I heard Zojja's scrambled. Drooling. Explains why Taimi's out here on her own.

• She's in the cave with the otherworldly mushrooms, hanging out.

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2018

Silver lining, given all the cameos this episode, if she's gonna appear it'll likely be soon.

• @Svennis.3852 said:
    Silver lining, given all the cameos this episode, if she's gonna appear it'll likely be soon.

I dont understand why they keep hiding her.
    If the voice actor isnt available just get a new one nobody will care.

edited September 24, 2018

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Svennis.3852 said:

I believe Felicia Day has said she has the time/desire. My guess is they don’t want to pay her rate which is likely higher than most voice actors.

In that case I wish they’d just recast, too, but eh...

• @Svennis.3852 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Svennis.3852 said:

I believe Felicia Day has said she has the time/desire. My guess is they don’t want to pay her rate which is likely higher than most voice actors.

How can her rate be high? she isnt really a big name or anything o,o
    If her rate is high for some reason I think that by now they can recast her with anyone since most people forgot her voice since we havent heard from Zojja for a long time.

• ReV.6097ReV.6097 Member ✭✭✭

I got a little worried in LWS4 EP4 When Snaff says
    "Ah, Zojjas apprentice. That explains it".
    "I've heard great things about you".
    Made me think Zojjah had died recently :open_mouth:

• Yes, I'm afraid that when we come to Rata Sum we may find a Zojja memorial. That would be sad, as we couldn't even has said goodbye to her.

@Castigator.3470 said:
    Yes, I'm afraid that when we come to Rata Sum we may find a Zojja memorial. That would be sad, as we couldn't even has said goodbye to her.

I very much doubt they’d have her just die off screen. Technology in this world is such that from a writing perspective there’s NO WAY we wouldn’t know if her condition became that critical.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Svennis.3852 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Svennis.3852 said:

If her rate is high for some reason I think that by now they can recast her with anyone since most people forgot her voice since we havent heard from Zojja for a long time.

Apparently she’s in supernatural (really freaked me out hearing her voice), and that show is super popular so she probably charges more because of that

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Svennis.3852 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Svennis.3852 said:

Apparently she’s in supernatural (really freaked me out hearing her voice), and that show is super popular so she probably charges more because of that

She’s a pretty big name in the nerdy world in general. She’s been in a few big things popular with geeky/nerdy people in general, in addition to some pretty big VA gigs (she voiced a party companion in Dragon Age 2, albeit a temporary DLC one).

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭

What the OP quoted is the last we have heard of Zojja in game. It has also been rumored that Felicia Day and GW2 are not working together anymore. Fortunately, Zojja having been through hell in HoT and recovering off screen gives GW2 a ready made excuse to bring her back with a different actress should they desire to do so; any changes in voice or personality can be blamed on the effects of her time in the blighting pod. I can imagine a quote: "You'd talk differently too if you'd had soul-eating vines wrapped around YOUR throat for weeks!"

• @Jimbru.6014 said:
    What the OP quoted is the last we have heard of Zojja in game. It has also been rumored that Felicia Day and GW2 are not working together anymore. Fortunately, Zojja having been through hell in HoT and recovering off screen gives GW2 a ready made excuse to bring her back with a different actress should they desire to do so; any changes in voice or personality can be blamed on the effects of her time in the blighting pod. I can imagine a quote: "You'd talk differently too if you'd had soul-eating vines wrapped around YOUR throat for weeks!"

I doubt people will even notice the different voice.

• @Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:

I doubt there will even be a difference as far as the german client is concerned. Stephanie Kindermann (Zojja) has done a really good job there.
    In fact the litmus test for a good synchronization is if it feels more natural to you in your native language and as far as I am concerned, GW2 has passed that.
    The other client with voiceover is the french client, but I was unable to find the doubleuse for Zojja. To my ears the french synchonisation sounds good, but I'm not a native speaker. And the new Rox voice was considered good, as far as I can tell. I have no info on the german voice for Rox, but as far as I can tell no change occured over here.

But I know that people can be very critical of new, or different voice actors. If that's the main reason why we won't see Zojja ever again, the best policy may be to either recast the voice actor, or more drastically, make Zojja a mute, who has to use sign language, or a text to speech device.

• @Castigator.3470 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:

I doubt there will even be a difference as far as the german client is concerned. Stephanie Kindermann (Zojja) has done a really good job there.
    In fact the litmus test for a good synchronization is if it feels more natural to you in your native language and as far as I am concerned, GW2 has passed that.
    The other client with voiceover is the french client, but I was unable to find the doubleuse for Zojja. To my ears the french synchonisation sounds good, but I'm not a native speaker. And the new Rox voice was considered good, as far as I can tell. I have no info on the german voice for Rox, but as far as I can tell no change occured over here.

But I know that people can be very critical of new, or different voice actors. If that's the main reason why we won't see Zojja ever again, the best policy may be to either recast the voice actor, or more drastically, make Zojja a mute, who has to use sign language, or a text to speech device.

They can always just say that she suffered some damage like you said and give her a robotic voice or something.(tech that she cant talk without)
    There are so many ways to work around it.

• Just bring Zojja back and say she lost her voice because of the trauma, and now has to use an electronic voice box. Easy.

(And don't ever bring Eir back again. EVER. Even as a ghost. She was even more annoying dead than she was alive.)

• @ReV.6097 said:
    I got a little worried in LWS4 EP4 When Snaff says
    "Ah, Zojjas apprentice. That explains it".
    "I've heard great things about you".
    Made me think Zojjah had died recently :open_mouth:

I took it to be that Eir had told him. Given that Eir had known about Zojja's apprentice for about a year or two (if not more, we don't really know how long Taimi had been Zojja's apprentice, and how much communication was going on between Eir and Zojja after Zhaitan's death).

• Either that or him being a spirit has allowed him the ability to see the happenings of the real world, hard to say for sure since Anet's not consistent on whether or not spirits can see outside the afterlife.

Hate Is Fuel.

• Well i Would not mind having a final stage for zojja it that means we would be over with it.
    Never understood why People liked her but guess theres something for everyone in this world so ist ok but i would not like her to make some forced appearence thats totally randum just because she "was absent for so Long"

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:
    Either that or him being a spirit has allowed him the ability to see the happenings of the real world, hard to say for sure since Anet's not consistent on whether or not spirits can see outside the afterlife.

Spirits are not all created equal, apparently. Awareness of self and reality varies, which may have to do with the particular individual, their manner of death, and how much time has passed. It may also have to do with whether or not the ghosts are stuck in this world, or have moved fully on to the Mists.

Shiro's spirit apparently cannot see beyond the Mists, because when Revenants channel him, he will ask about the condition of Cantha since his death.

The Foefire-created ghosts of Ascalon mostly are automatons stuck in time-distorted views of the living world. Only a few show any awareness of their condition and reality.

Other ghosts we meet in game often are at least partly, if not fully aware. The ghosts in Brisban WIldlands who have lost their memories, for example. Or the female warrior ghost in Mount Maelstrom who asks us to kill her Risen body.

FWIW...

• I have said it before, I say it again, if Zojja never returns, I would not be upset. If the character gets an email telling him Zojja is dead, even better.

I never liked that hateful litte b* and she can stay where she is.

• @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    I have said it before, I say it again, if Zojja never returns, I would not be upset. If the character gets an email telling him Zojja is dead, even better.

I never liked that hateful litte b* and she can stay where she is.

Blasphemy!

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

@norbes.3620 said:
    Well i Would not mind having a final stage for zojja it that means we would be over with it.
    Never understood why People liked her but guess theres something for everyone in this world so ist ok but i would not like her to make some forced appearence thats totally randum just because she "was absent for so Long"

People who like the asura like zojja

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@norbes.3620 said:
    Well i Would not mind having a final stage for zojja it that means we would be over with it.

Hell people who dont like asura can like Zojja, i know i do.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• @Amaranthe.3578 said:

@norbes.3620 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@norbes.3620 said:

Hell people who dont like asura can like Zojja, i know i do.

and for both no reason can be found.. but everyone got something he likes without Need of further explanations. it's ok as Long as others are not foced to share that emotion

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

If she's scrambled and drooling...she might not be coming back in any meaningful sense. But it's still worth keeping her alive, so that Joko can't Awaken her.

• @Deimos.4263 said:
    If she's scrambled and drooling...she might not be coming back in any meaningful sense. But it's still worth keeping her alive, so that Joko can't Awaken her.

that ship has sailed... just let her die already.

• ErickDntn.1847ErickDntn.1847 Member ✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018

I feel like Zojja will come back later in the story. After episode 4, when ghost Eir and Snaff come to Tyria from the rift caused by Kralk and Caithe returning at the end of the episode, I have a hunch that Destiny's Edge will return to close their book for good this time. Maybe if Logan ever comes to Elona with more reinforcement, Zojja might ride along with him and give us a nice surprise (for some of us at least :p). While Eir and Snaff have returned to the mist, Glint might send them again during some dire situation, or they might use Rytlock's help to manifest their help in Tyria.

We understand that we can't kill Kralk without causing an apocalyptic outcome, but I think we will find a way to replace him with Aurene, and eventually neutralize him. And I project that DE will have a role in this (maybe they are some of the missing allies from Aurene's premonition), since failing to kill Kralkatorrik was one of their biggest failures that caused them to disband. Although DE's members are eventually in good terms after defeating Zhaitan, then HoT happened (thanks Trahearne) before they get to Kralk. So they might be able to have the second try on it and redeem their failure with the help of Dragon's Watch as well, bringing them closure.

I personally think it would be super cool if there would be a symbolic gesture by DE passing the torch to DW as the Elder Dragons buster or as the new symbol of the 5 races' unity in facing threat against Tyria in general. And then the member of DE can disband for good this time (without getting torn apart, succ into blighting pods or impaled), continue playing their part but as separate individuals, we get to keep Rytlock as a souvenir at least <3

EDIT: I didn't realize there is a poll thread that has the same narrative prediction while I was writing this lol

• Loki.4871Loki.4871 Member ✭✭

My understanding is her VA once stated she'd "rather cross the street" than walk by someone wearing a gaming (halo iirc?) shirt. If that's her attitude to people who are ultimately the ones who pay her then I'm going to be quite cool to the idea of zoija returning.

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

@Loki.4871 said:
    My understanding is her VA once stated she'd "rather cross the street" than walk by someone wearing a gaming (halo iirc?) shirt. If that's her attitude to people who are ultimately the ones who pay her then I'm going to be quite cool to the idea of zoija returning.

I dont think people will give a good god kitten if they change the VA.
    Another guy here said the VA said shes willing to work if a-net will contact her.

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018

@Loki.4871 said:

C'mon. Put the context of the quote if you're going to bring it up- it was a response to kitten, and the reason she brought it up was to encourage herself and others to not do that. This is a woman who went out and made a six season show based on her experience as an MMO gamer; she's hardly an enemy of the hobby.

EDIT: Huh. Forum doesn't seem to know whether GG is censored or not, but I suppose I understand the reasoning.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

• Zojja, you mean Taimi's comatose mentor? But enough of the Boruto's dad meme, outside of the core dungeons and some select story steps, I can barely recall her doing anything other than just creating an ascended gear set , getting shot down alongside the rest of Destiny's Edge and getting in that coma that Logan woke up from regardless of whom you saved during HOT.
    All of the times she could have actually mentored Taimi in order to not fall into the trap of overexertion, those are gone. All of the moments where she could have saved Taimi from herself and actual villains, those are gone. All of the moments when she could have guided her studies and gotten rid of that disease that was there since Taimi's intro, gone as well.
    Even Logan and Eir had a few bones thrown their way to at least be acknowledged in the story beyond, sitting there in a coma or just dead. If she were just dead, that would at least let her be a ghost for a few seconds and help Taimi with something, anything. We got more of what Rythlok did in the Mists and some of his backstory in game than we got time with Zojja, and that charr is tight lipped about everything concerning himself.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.