spoiler: why is *he* in the SR?

Ayakaru.6583

so, I was exploring Sun's Refuge, and saw lord Faren in the hall.And I am honestly confused.I never invited him there, I never told him, or told anyone to tell him, how to find the place.He was never welcome, so why is he there?I am very sure that I told the guards at the door to keep him out, and yet, I find him inside the Sun's Refuge every single time.

So I'm not sure if it's a bug or an unintentional behavior, but I would very much like it fixed and see him removed the SR.Sun's Refuge is supposed to be a staging area for people who work on the fight against the elder dragon. It's not some lounge for rich leeches.Thank you very much.

@"Kal Spiro.9745" said:So, "you" definitely didn't tell anyone to keep him out. Faren is actively working with the Pact and the Elonan people. Sun's Refuge is not a staging area for anything. It's a place for the helpless to avoid the conflict, and while Faren isn't technically helpless, he still qualifies.

his very presence undermines the pact, just put him on the next blip back to DR.and trust me, he's very much helpless. The only time he's given tasks for the pact, it's tasks that even if he screws them up, can still end up in our favor

@"Kal Spiro.9745" said:So, "you" definitely didn't tell anyone to keep him out. Faren is actively working with the Pact and the Elonan people. Sun's Refuge is not a staging area for anything. It's a place for the helpless to avoid the conflict, and while Faren isn't technically helpless, he still qualifies.

He soloes wyvern and killer frogs, in his underwear, in Verdant Brink.Faren can take care of himself.

@Andy.5981 said:I feel a little sorry for Lord Faren. He did play quite a part in the attack on Joko and nearly died as a result. Despite this he gets a load of grief off a Pact soldier in Jahai Bluffs (he can be found at the Pact WP).

see, that's exactly it, he's the Jerry from Rick and Morty, we should just dump him in the mists, make a carehouse with 200 alternative Faren's where they can play together and pat each other on the back

@Ayakaru.6583 said:so, I was exploring Sun's Refuge, and saw lord Faren in the hall.And I am honestly confused.I never invited him there, I never told him, or told anyone to tell him, how to find the place.

Not a fan, huh? ;)

He was never welcome, so why is he there?

He has been traveling with the Pact since his Krytan delegation got decimated by the plague. He is in this war now, whether you like it or not. :p Better get used to it. ;)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Andy.5981 said:I feel a little sorry for Lord Faren. He did play quite a part in the attack on Joko and nearly died as a result. Despite this he gets a load of grief off a Pact soldier in Jahai Bluffs (he can be found at the Pact WP).

see, that's exactly it, he's the Jerry from Rick and Morty, we should just dump him in the mists, make a carehouse with 200 alternative Faren's where they can play together and pat each other on the back

The gag with Jerry is that hes incapable of undermining anything. The gag with Faren is that hes successful, when by all accounts he shouldn't be. Getting 200 of them together in the mists won't contain them.... it'll empower them. They'll single handedly end the mist war, stabilize and unloop all the fractals, 5 man Dhumm, find at least 20 artifacts that can manipulate space/time, find an alternate Rytlock with a good sense of humor, discover the secret to ending the Dragon conundrum, and finally impress Kasmeer. He'll also be the first person to get a full set of Obsidian armor in over 300 years.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

The gag with Jerry is that hes incapable of undermining anything. The gag with Faren is that hes successful, when by all accounts he shouldn't be. Getting 200 of them together in the mists won't contain them.... it'll empower them. They'll single handedly end the mist war, stabilize and unloop all the fractals, 5 man Dhumm, find at least 20 artifacts that can manipulate space/time, find an alternate Rytlock with a good sense of humor, discover the secret to ending the Dragon conundrum, and finally impress Kasmeer. He'll also be the first person to get a full set of Obsidian armor in over 300 years.

That's the truth, word for word.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I never invited him there, I never told him, or told anyone to tell him, how to find the place.He was never welcome, so why is he there?Doesn't that pretty much sum up Lord Faren? I don't know him to be any different than to show up uninvited and fumble his way through whatever it is.

On the other hand, one could argue that after weaseling his way into Elona, perhaps he joined the Sunspear cause since he was looking to make a difference somehow.

Then there is the final option I could come up with and that's where he's a stalker with a crush on your character.

I'm just glad I didn't have to talk to him really. ;)

Archived