Comments

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29, 2020

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:
    Everything about thief is bad. Where on earth would Arenanet begin the process of balancing it? I suppose removing stealth from the game would be FIRST!

If the game is too hard for you you could try some mobile games, maybe something with autoplay would be a good fit, don't have to work to counter anything.

what is the counter of stealth?
    playing class without detection :/
    and i cant see overlords or overseer flying over me.. and i dont have a scan or a mobile turret. :(

Then hide in spawn or log off if you can't. Or try some more emojis.

I ask you again.
    What is the counter to stealth? When you dont have detection on your class.

Don't go afk out of spawn, have a build with some options, and know what re-stealth and coming out of stealth look like. If you didn't build pure glass canon to do the same thing to people you're afraid of happening to yourself then you should have options that I have to make choices in my build to counter. I like to have my more reflexive evade skills on left ctrl to lean over on for ease of use because rangers mostly but also when I've seen a re-stealth on the ground and I know a backstab or Death's Judgement is creeping around and I move to get out of the orientation they set up on me. I also pan camera a lot while traveling to spot pulls or whatever coming my way and should also catch the backstab or DJ blur.

Super long stealth is dumb and I'd like a change to it but it's there and I've built to handle it mostly but for the most part it's as consequence to handling everything else out there. Sometimes a thief or something else will read me well enough and think a few steps ahead me and that stings but a lot of the game is letting others unravel themselves.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• @Gondolph.7201 said:
    currently there is a increasing use of thieves in WvW. The tactics is usually the following: 3 thieves are in the (enemies) castle. We tried as a zerg to kill them, but you need approx. 20 min sometimes tro get 2 of them. The stealth disruption trap is almost useless now, since the death-eye is visible for approx. 2-3 sec now. They are almost permanent invisible anyway.
    So if the zerg does not want to run for hours behind phantoms, the leader finally decides to ignore thieves. and go for fights then. 10 minutes later the castle is fallen. Half of the game mechanics renders obsolete, there is no point anymore in nurturing castles to higher levels, unless the full zerg remains in it.

that is no fun anymore.

mmmm salt

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

even with detection, good thieves can dodge you for long enough to get stealth mode back again, and still kill very quick, no matter the dps nerf (plus they can go condi even more comfy now, since the cleanses got nerfed.) still, not their 1v1 capabilities are the problem.

thief roamer packs are pretty annoying but numbers often win. i don't agree with saying "thieves ruin wvw" tho, but they should not exactly be getting too much attention when balancing. they got buffed kinda again as beeing the most efficient killers again, since most dps got reduced way stronger than theirs.

keep hiding thieves ARE problems. completely nuts that this is even possible.

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2020

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:
    Everything about thief is bad. Where on earth would Arenanet begin the process of balancing it? I suppose removing stealth from the game would be FIRST!

If the game is too hard for you you could try some mobile games, maybe something with autoplay would be a good fit, don't have to work to counter anything.

and i cant see overlords or overseer flying over me.. and i dont have a scan or a mobile turret. :(

I ask you again.

Speaking from a thief perspective (so no inherent class reveals);

You can use stealth yourself, in order to negate their advantage and gain the opening strike. You would not believe the amount of pressure this can put on a player if done consistently.

You can use skills that track through stealth (basically anything with a longer cast time or channel in conjunction with the skill queue) to pressure when they would otherwise be safe. I often queue a P/D 2 into malicious sneak attack on an enemy entering stealth, as long as the buttons were pressed when the target was visible the channel of sneak attack will hit.

You can use terrain to your advantage; LoS to deal with ranged stealth builds like deadeye, bottlenecks and tight corners in conjunction with AoE CC and damage to pressure daredevil, spots where ports do not work reliably to deny shadowstep for the escape.

You can build to condi bomb in the times they are visible, and heal when they enter stealth on low health knowing they can't risk an attack right then.

You can use skills that target players regardless of if they are stealthed or not; deadeye stolen items when used will trigger a hit that deals damage to the marked player irrespective of stealth as long as they are in range, so using that in a condi build to apply a spider venom stack along with doom sigil and torment sigil can load up the thief with condi even when he's in stealth. Odds are there's more than one skill that functions in this way.

You can drop area blinds/projectile reflect/blocks and wait for the stealth to expire.

You can drop traps/preparations, stand on them and wait for the thief to engage. If he dodges through the trap to trigger it, he's within melee range so nuke him with PBAoE skills.

You can use mobility skills to kite; a lot of heavy stealth builds have lower mobility than the average on other builds, so he has to choose between keeping up or keeping stealth. Either way it works in your favour.

You can use z axis mobility vs builds that lack it either by design or through cooldowns; holosmith cannot port, so if you port onto the top of a wall when he stealths his advantage is totally negated.

You can force a fight near sentries or towers with the sentry buff to mark the player and gain the advantage.

You can use target painters and throw them at the smoke fields, revealing the thief.

That's just off the top of my head. There are plenty of ways to deal with stealthed opponents, if you think clearly, know the class and what they can do and use terrain effectively.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:

I ask you again.

You can use stealth yourself, in order to negate their advantage and gain the opening strike. You would not believe the amount of pressure this can put on a player if done consistently.

You can use skills that track through stealth (basically anything with a longer cast time or channel in conjunction with the skill queue) to pressure when they would otherwise be safe. I often queue a P/D 2 into malicious sneak attack on an enemy entering stealth, as long as the buttons were pressed when the target was visible the channel of sneak attack will hit.

You can use terrain to your advantage; LoS to deal with ranged stealth builds like deadeye, bottlenecks and tight corners in conjunction with AoE CC and damage to pressure daredevil, spots where ports do not work reliably to deny shadowstep for the escape.

You can build to condi bomb in the times they are visible, and heal when they enter stealth on low health knowing they can't risk an attack right then.

You can use skills that target players regardless of if they are stealthed or not; deadeye stolen items when used will trigger a hit that deals damage to the marked player irrespective of stealth as long as they are in range, so using that in a condi build to apply a spider venom stack along with doom sigil and torment sigil can load up the thief with condi even when he's in stealth. Odds are there's more than one skill that functions in this way.

You can drop area blinds/projectile reflect/blocks and wait for the stealth to expire.

You can drop traps/preparations, stand on them and wait for the thief to engage. If he dodges through the trap to trigger it, he's within melee range so nuke him with PBAoE skills.

You can use mobility skills to kite; a lot of heavy stealth builds have lower mobility than the average on other builds, so he has to choose between keeping up or keeping stealth. Either way it works in your favour.

You can use z axis mobility vs builds that lack it either by design or through cooldowns; holosmith cannot port, so if you port onto the top of a wall when he stealths his advantage is totally negated.

You can force a fight near sentries or towers with the sentry buff to mark the player and gain the advantage.

You can use target painters and throw them at the smoke fields, revealing the thief.

That's just off the top of my head. There are plenty of ways to deal with stealthed opponents, if you think clearly, know the class and what they can do and use terrain effectively.

This list of suggestions ranges from the completely ineffective to the easily countered to the impossible to achieve. Well done for compiling such a ... long ... list.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:

I ask you again.

This list of suggestions ranges from the completely ineffective to the easily countered to the impossible to achieve. Well done for compiling such a ... long ... list.

I mean... you're wrong and should improve your playstyle.

• ilMasa.2546ilMasa.2546 Member ✭✭✭

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:

I ask you again.

Yes on paper.In reality imo works kinda different.

I could use stealth aswell,but my stealth (as a scrapper,for istance) is limited. I have CDs on my stealth options: no other profession can " consistently use stealth to add pressure" or stack that much stealth-time to get an opening strike on a thief.(hes going to restealth anyway and/or reset)

I meeean....dont get me wrong,those are good general advices but still...

edited March 2, 2020

@ilMasa.2546 said:
    Yes on paper.In reality imo works kinda different.

I could use stealth aswell,but my stealth (as a scrapper,for istance) is limited. I have CDs on my stealth options: no other profession can " consistently use stealth to add pressure" or stack that much stealth-time to get an opening strike on a thief.(hes going to restealth anyway and/or reset)

I meeean....dont get me wrong,those are good general advices but still...

That's true, but I did preface my post by saying that this is from a thief's point of view. Other classes have less stealth for sure, but they also have way more options in terms of blocks, reflects, and general defensive skills that I don't have on my thief. My point to the previous poster was essentially that to say there's no way to deal with stealth because you lack a reveal is a lazy approach to balance and to the fight, there's a ton of things you can do to negate the advantage if you think about it.

When fighting a thief you have to consider what type of thief you're fighting. If you're on a scrapper against a deadeye, yeah, trying to outstealth for the opener is probably a waste of time, but by stealthing in that situation you will get a long duration (assuming sneak gyro, hammer leaps and elixer s toolbelt skill are all used) where the deadeye can't hurt you as most deadeye builds require a target and LoS. This gives you time to heal the damage from the deadeye's opener, time that ticks down the cooldowns on any defensive skills you used before stealthing, and time for you to move to a better spot with obstacles to LoS the deadeye. You're also on one of the most tanky builds in the game; if you see him use smoke fields near you, stand in them to reveal the thief as he leaps through it for stealth. If the smoke field is far away, run in the opposite direction to it; the thief then has to choose between not having enough stealth for his next attack as he chases, or leaving stealth to use ini for mobility, both things work in your favour. I'm not saying that any one of these things on their own will always do the trick, but taking in mind the type of thief you're dealing with, you can use a combination of them to limit the thief's options and give you opportunities.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Well, firstly, thanks for reading it. Secondly, this is all from the standpoint of me playing a thief, as I said earlier, and I can tell you from experience that these tactics do work. The thing to remember with thief is that you're not fighting the build, you're fighting the player; you'll have to evaluate your own class and look for ways to mitigate the thief's advantage and put pressure on him. Simply complaining that you don't have a reveal therefore there's no counterplay is lazy gameplay, speaking honestly.

If memory serves you're a necro main; necro is a lot stronger vs a lot of things now because damage has been reduced across the board, and you don't have many defensive options besides tanking anyway due to your class's inherent design. So do the same thing that warriors do; build tanky enough that one shots aren't a problem, but don't sacrifice too much damage so you can play aggressively knowing that you'll win by attrition if you force the thief on the defensive by trading blows. You probably have one of the worst matchups with thieves, but thieves have lousy matchups against DH, holosmith and quite often boonbeast too. Just the way it goes really.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Portal + Permastealth and Reveal-cleanse shouldnt be there.

@Virdo.1540 said:

I actually totally agree with the portal + permastealth bit. The stealth is fine imo, lose the portal though as the class really didn't need that. Either that or make the portal a daredevil only thing; that way you get portal or shadow meld, not both.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.

• UNOwen.7132UNOwen.7132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    even with detection, good thieves can dodge you for long enough to get stealth mode back again, and still kill very quick, no matter the dps nerf (plus they can go condi even more comfy now, since the cleanses got nerfed.) still, not their 1v1 capabilities are the problem.

thief roamer packs are pretty annoying but numbers often win. i don't agree with saying "thieves ruin wvw" tho, but they should not exactly be getting too much attention when balancing. they got buffed kinda again as beeing the most efficient killers again, since most dps got reduced way stronger than theirs.

Thieves are far from the most efficient killers. Also, their DPS was reduced harder than most condi classes and some power classes. Their burst wasnt reduced as hard, but their burst was already highly outclassed by Mesmers. Thieves in WvW right are in a weird limbo. If you want to burst, Mesmer is infinitely better. If you want to go for sustained DPS, Warrior, Soulbeast and Condi Rev are your best bet. Outside of the keep-hiding nonsense (just deal with the permastealth, the portal is too neat to lose again), Thieves usefulness is questionable. Theyre still good at running away though.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

I actually totally agree with the portal + permastealth bit. The stealth is fine imo, lose the portal though as the class really didn't need that. Either that or make the portal a daredevil only thing; that way you get portal or shadow meld, not both.

I think that both stealth and portal are fine. What's not fine is perma stealth (or anything close to it).

• in general kitten this game mode (WvW). chased half map with mount a thief ,cant disable him long enough. nice cd on shortbow i guess nothing changed since "balance patch".

• UNOwen.7132UNOwen.7132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@spankyed.4735 said:
    in general kitten this game mode (WvW). chased half map with mount a thief ,cant disable him long enough. nice cd on shortbow i guess nothing changed since "balance patch".

Roamers that cant run away arent good roamers. Warriors and Soulbeasts are just as impossible to catch (Warriors even moreso on flat ground).

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2020

Ive been corrupted. I have a condi DE build that I used to use for kitten in WvW when bored (annoying af to fight in most cases despite not perma stealth), however post patch it went from my kitten build to a co-main.

Havent played my Mirage yet since patch, scurred about the 1 dodge (im fine with all the other balances) and not ready to accept it yet lol. Also its been more and more fun to run my DE for the time being (im sure novelty will wear off).

My build has many downsides (cleanses/blocks/reflects..etc) however most people are not fully prepared to fight it I find so dont know how to.

On DE post patch, I have downed 3 in a 6v1, secured only 1 stomp tho due to mass bombing on the downed.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭

@Sunapollo.9152 said:
    How about making a “invisible dimension” such that if you are also invisible then you can see the other invisible players in the same dimension?

Best idea ever that would be so cool!

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

why don't we make an invul dimension, such that if they are invul you are also invul!

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2020

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

+1

'Guess who's back.....again?'
    'Gw2 WvW Condi Deadeye is back !'

(current--build....stay tune.....)

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

edited March 3, 2020

That build is an easy kill lol. Now p/d is suddenly a problem?
    ps - do you have some kind of rss feed or something to alert you whenever thief related stuff gets posted on youtube? it's hilarious. You could actually be spending all this time creatively thinking about sane fixes for thief players but instead chose to go down the toxic road. Please, if anything see how this isn't a good look.

edited March 3, 2020

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    ps - do you have some kind of rss feed or something to alert you whenever thief related stuff gets posted on youtube? it's hilarious. You could actually be spending all this time creatively thinking about sane fixes for thief players but instead chose to go down the toxic road. Please, if anything see how this isn't a good look.

Power, Condition and Bunker is how Guild Wars 2 balance itself. Just like everyone else,Thief Profession adjusts itself with the meta of choice.

The Toxic road in all of this is and why this isn't a good look is...... for the past 8 years......there is nothing new to this

-No Lessons Were Learned-

1. Thief Profession can still +1 shot
    2. Thief Profession condition is still Toxic
    3. Thief Profession can still perma-stealth
    4. Thief Profession can still stack stealth
    5. Thief Profession Mechanics and Skills remain Toxic
    6. Thief Profession Teleport continue to be exploitable
    7. Thief Profession is still Bad Design

The only remedy to this is for a complete redesign or to completely remove this profession altogether

until than......Guild Wars will never coexist with Toxicity

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

edited March 3, 2020

Wrong button.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.

edited March 3, 2020

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Power, Condition and Bunker is how Guild Wars 2 balance itself. Just like everyone else,Thief Profession adjusts itself with the meta of choice.

The Toxic road in all of this is and why this isn't a good look is...... for the past 8 years......there is nothing new to this

The only remedy to this is for a complete redesign or to completely remove this profession altogether

As I've said before, you just straight up hate thief. You base your position on that emotional reaction rather than relying on on any logical argument. It's fine to hate the class, just admit it for what it is dude.

On a more personal note, be careful how you quote the Bible. I don't imagine God likes His words being taken out of context any more than we do.

Solomon-Proverb are everyday applicable lessons.and guidlines. The quote I used are the lessons of repetitions and the reality of continual unlearned lessons.and seeing it for what it is

Speaking of God, God want his words to be applicable through actions, not by words. With growth through learning and telling us the harsh reality when they aren't meet.

We are human after all including Anet and us players. We all make mistakes and the results of it are through our actions.

Words not action will turn things around. Until than, this is the reality and the casualties when serious actions are continually being thrown under the rug.

The main lesson here is, 'Nothing Will Change If You Don't Change'

'"Thief Profession will never change if it is not redesigned'"

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

As I've said before, you just straight up hate thief. You base your position on that emotional reaction rather than relying on on any logical argument. It's fine to hate the class, just admit it for what it is dude.

On a more personal note, be careful how you quote the Bible. I don't imagine God likes His words being taken out of context any more than we do.

Solomon-Proverb are everyday applicable lessons.and guidlines. The quote I used are the lessons of repetitions and the reality of continual unlearned lessons.and seeing it for what it is

Speaking of God, God want his words to be applicable through actions, not by words. With growth through learning and telling us the harsh reality when they aren't meet.

We are human afterall including Anet and us players. We all make mistakes and the results of it are by our actions.

Words not action will turn things arround. Until than, this is the reality and the casualities when serious actions are continually being thrown under the rug.

The main lesson here us, 'Nothing Will Change If You Don't Change'

'"Thief Profession will never be healthy or competitive to the game and it's community unless f its redesigned'"

You're right in a sense about the book of proverbs, although that book has an underlying theme too, read chapters 1 to 3 through in one sitting and you'll see that it's not just a collection of wise sayings. That quote however is from Ecclesiastes, which shows the futility of man's work and of living for any reason other than to glorify God. Applying that quote to an MMO is really not the right context at all haha

Critical Kit, Deadeye.

edited March 3, 2020

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

We are human afterall including Anet and us players. We all make mistakes and the results of it are by our actions.

Words not action will turn things arround. Until than, this is the reality and the casualities when serious actions are continually being thrown under the rug.

The main lesson here us, 'Nothing Will Change If You Don't Change'

'"Thief Profession will never be healthy or competitive to the game and it's community unless f its redesigned'"

You're right in a sense about the book of proverbs, although that book has an underlying theme too, read chapters 1 to 3 through in one sitting and you'll see that it's not just a collection of wise sayings. That quote however is from Ecclesiastes, which shows the futility of man's work and of living for any reason other than to glorify God. Applying that quote to an MMO is really not the right context at all haha

+1

you are right, i was wrong. I will learn my lessons from now on

• Hi guys !
    I hope you enjoyed my new video about the new condi snip ;) ( build specialization add in description now )

First sorry for my bad english ( i don't use google trad ) so please be cool with me :)

I just want to say : The most imporant when you play Gw2 is the community.
    YOU are awesome ! When a class got nerfed by Anet you are more stronger than the nerf and you find some better build !
    Since Gw1 it's always the same thing and i like this.

Concerning the thief .... in video sure it's good, powerful etc ... but the reality is not exactly the same you can see.
    No Stab / no life etc .... hard to 1vs3 ... not an easy class to play ....but we got stealth and good mobility.
    But so many other classes are so so so good too !!!!
    The unkillable druide
    The condi mirage
    The new condi revenant ! ( going to make a video on him ^^ )
    The weavers :) so hard to play but so good to see good players play that, i enjoy it ^^

Btw, all classes got nerfed ! that's a fact
    But I know You are going to find some other good build to make this patch a good patch :)
    And don't worry ( thief are more easy to kill since the update ;) )

Peace guys

And sorry for my poor english ^^

Kazuya

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2020

The older condi revenant was way more bursting XD

Thief’s do damage that’s their role..

Deadeye snipes, team up or use domes/WoR.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

+1

So question...how bad is it to not have sb for mobility/slow somes res?

twitch.tv/TRMC

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

+1

...you think he's playing thief? :lol:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

+1

...you think he's playing thief? :lol:

Looks like a thief spec to me :p

twitch.tv/TRMC

• Kronan.6712Kronan.6712 Member ✭✭

Hello everyone,

And thank you for this thread @Gondolph.7201 :) It is just a personal point of view, but I do not completely agree about nerfing the thief. Before the "Unbalanced patch" of February 25, same a pretty bad Warrior was able to kill condi thiefs:

And I am not sure that the Warrior is the best to clean condi.
    So, for me the issue come from the "Unbalanced patch".

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 rights, but not all the thiefs can play as XxkazuyaxXX the master of thieves.

edited March 3, 2020

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

And thank you for this thread @Gondolph.7201 :) It is just a personal point of view, but I do not completely agree about nerfing the thief. Before the "Unbalanced patch" of February 25, same a pretty bad Warrior was able to kill condi thiefs:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 rights, but not all the thiefs can play as XxkazuyaxXX the master of thieves.

Didnt know Sindrender also went by XxkazuyaxXX

twitch.tv/TRMC

• Kronan.6712Kronan.6712 Member ✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

Yes sorry @Bigpapasmurf.5623 master of thieves was really exaggerated.

@Kronan.6712 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

I currently run the condi rifle build (SB for getaways or to stun res's) however this gave me an idea. How do you think the build would be impacted if you used Binding Shadows over Blinding Powder?

twitch.tv/TRMC

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

War/ranger/mes/fresh air ele/guardian can all pretty much nuke people too from stealth, before patch I got hit for 16k executioner scythe...why are they not toxic? It dosnt take much for an ally theif to stealth them up.

• Sinfullysweet.4517Sinfullysweet.4517 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2020

I will just leave this here. I am so beyond tired of babysitting the fire keep from thieves with near perma stealth. Just last night for nearly an hour four of us chased two green de’s with traps, aoe, reveals and with sniff. They had no intention of getting the keep, but with them having access to a portal it was a constant hide and seek game. Fun for the DE’s not so much for the seekers. I jokingly refer to them as rats, and placed “rat” traps out - blue ac’s with mastery skill four - to be bait. Either a) the Zerg on red came through and obliterated the two rats or b) they got tired of the cat and mouse game.

Again so tired of babysitting keeps on the desert borderlands. Please rethink the portals.

Edit: I have no issue with perma stealth because as a scout and roamer I sacrifice my damage yet can cross ebg in complete stealth to monitor movements of the enemy group. It is useful but portal is really damaging.

Sin The Alluring/Tormentor/Terrorizer/Terrible/Insane/Fragrant/Subtle/Vigilante/Explosive/Saint/Demonic/Scout/Crazy
    The Crazy Gods - [gods] ~ Crazy Gods - [Gods] ~ One Of The Thirteen Deadly - [SINs] ~ Vassals Of The Aether - [VOA] ~ Friends Vs Dungeons [FvD]

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2020

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:
    I will just leave this here. I am so beyond tired of babysitting the fire keep from thieves with near perma stealth. Just last night for nearly an hour four of us chased two green de’s with traps, aoe, reveals and with sniff. They had no intention of getting the keep, but with them having access to a portal it was a constant hide and seek game. Fun for the DE’s not so much for the seekers. I jokingly refer to them as rats, and placed “rat” traps out - blue ac’s with mastery skill four - to be bait. Either a) the Zerg on red came through and obliterated the two rats or b) they got tired of the cat and mouse game.

Again so tired of babysitting keeps on the desert borderlands. Please rethink the portals.

Edit: I have no issue with perma stealth because as a scout and roamer I sacrifice my damage yet can cross ebg in complete stealth to monitor movements of the enemy group. It is useful but portal is really damaging.

As thief player I don't know why they gave thief a portal, should have remained a mesmer thing. Something aiding them in a fight would have been far better as their evade ability needed no boosts.

I don't know either, it would have been just fine for them to update shadow trap instead, with no portal ability (only user gets benefit, not ally). Still, the only use is backcaps or trolling people with it back and forth. Outside of that niche it's useless. Maybe they wanted thief to be somewhat a team player in small havoc groups ninja'ing structures, but that just made people mad.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

I currently run the condi rifle build (SB for getaways or to stun res's) however this gave me an idea. How do you think the build would be impacted if you used Binding Shadows over Blinding Powder?

Swapped my SB for P/D and WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Much Nastier.

twitch.tv/TRMC

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2020

Thief is completely balanced around having stealth, it isn't meant to be played as a Warrior or Weaver. If they removed stealth attacks and perma stealth (which are the real complaints) you would just end up with a medium armor wearing warrior.

That doesn't mean stealth attacks and permastealth aren't annoying as kitten, but I find Tower Rangers downing people from 1800 units away with 1 button equally annoying.

There is no sign by the mists portal guaranteeing you an annoyance-free gaming experience, and if you don't reconcile that fact, you're just asking for meaningless frustration.

Would I want perma stealth and back stab et al removed from the game? In an instant. But that doesn't make my view correct, as I have nothing to lose by such a change (I don't play thief in competitive) and I'm sure there are players out there equally annoyed by whatever the professions I play can do (but if those that are annoyed play thief, I don't care, they are worse than homeless skritt).

edited March 4, 2020

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:

As thief player I don't know why they gave thief a portal, should have remained a mesmer thing. Something aiding them in a fight would have been far better as their evade ability needed no boosts.

+1

wouldn't you also agree that this is why Thief Profession is hated?

-here we have a game which should respect Profession identities and their roles and to have a single Profession taking everything away from them?-

As you mentioned, Mesmer Profession Portal was its uniqueness and what identified it amongst the other professions and what did Anet did, destroyed and robbed them of their identity in favor of another profession who did not need it?

In other word, to please Thief Profession in every way for what????

-Thief Is Anet Perfect Profession-

Thief Profession has it all, what more does Anet want to give to this profession??
    How much more Power does Anet want to give to this Profession?
    How much more Grandiosity does Anet want to give to this Profession??

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

Yup. Condi DE with P/D built for torment duration is really quite nasty atm. Pretty fun to hunt condi mirages with it.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

Yup. Condi DE with P/D built for torment duration is really quite nasty atm. Pretty fun to hunt condi mirages with it.

Oh yea. Fought one like 5-6 times. Changed thei rbuild each time (was core and came back chrono as well lol). I get ahead o fmyself and sometimes fail that initial burst. Im not built for torment but for poison (came from rifle condi). Still nasty and needs to be looked at lol.

twitch.tv/TRMC

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Kronan.6712 said:
    Hello everyone,

Oh yea. Fought one like 5-6 times. Changed thei rbuild each time (was core and came back chrono as well lol). I get ahead o fmyself and sometimes fail that initial burst. Im not built for torment but for poison (came from rifle condi). Still nasty and needs to be looked at lol.

The main reason is because repeater is such an easy way to spam bleed as a cover condi atm, you're going to be hard pressed to cleanse the torment from the malicious sneak attacks if you only have a couple of cleanses. With trailblazer gear I get 13s duration on those stacks, I use skale venom for additional burst (don't need smoke screen as power damage is lower now) and tormenting runes. Between the runes, the venoms, shadows rejuviation and the leech on sneak attack you get a hefty amount of sustain too. Frankly it's another reason why trailblazer and dire shouldn't exist in WvW, if I was forced to take a viper carrion build it would be a lot more reasonable.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great so soon the forums are gonna be flooded with nerf torment pistol thief threads lol

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@kash.9213 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:

I ask you again.

So you play Ele or Mesmer?

Thank You for the {MEME}

• I stopped crying on the fourms and just started to play the abused builds, being able to hit someone from 1500m with 7k damage and stealth is fun trolling.

• bluberblasen.9684bluberblasen.9684 Member ✭✭✭

So you play Ele or Mesmer?

80% core ele 20 % weaver and i have zero problems with any kind of thief ( or other classes )
    wanted only an answer what the " REAL " counter to stealth should be.