Realm Avenger - Can it be reduced?

Draeyon.4392

Topic.

Am I the only one who sees the 250k player kills in WvW as an unachievable goal for WvW?Currently sitting at 75k after 6 years of GW2, most of that time with WvW being my main game mode.

I understand it was not reduced with the other achievements because of the fact that players had already achieved it.I wanted to ask anyway if it was possible to reduce it to something like 125k.

For me anyway, it would still be a goal that is a couple of years away but it would actually be obtainable.

Thoughts?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Draeyon.4392 said:Topic.

Am I the only one who sees the 250k player kills in WvW as an unachievable goal for WvW?Currently sitting at 75k after 6 years of GW2, most of that time with WvW being my main game mode.

I understand it was not reduced with the other achievements because of the fact that players had already achieved it.I wanted to ask anyway if it was possible to reduce it to something like 125k.

For me anyway, it would still be a goal that is a couple of years away but it would actually be obtainable.

Thoughts?

fastest way to get this is be a necro and spew ae to everyone. =)

go to an active server t2 the average between the three. should be your best choice

@Israel.7056 said:If you're trying to get it solo roaming then yeah it's probably gonna take a very long time.

A very, very, very, veeeeeeery long time.

But yes, thats pretty must how it works. Try running a bit, look at inventory. Got 5 bags, 10 bags hell maybe even a whooping 20 bags!? Well in that time there is 100% chance a guard or necro will already have bragged about the 150+ lootbags they got in an hour just because they're that good.

I personally couldnt care any less about making it more available because I think the use of titles in WvW is silly and something that distracts from the visuals on the same level as those stupid minis.

For us lazies, it would just add more insentive to do more WvW if things like titles were not gonna take years to achieve.But for those who live in WvW all day long, this would be unfair (although they wouldn't really complain if it meant getting the titles quicker anyway).

I agree with OP :P

Why would you want it, all it means is you are blobber that plays necro, guard, etc and has shown the immense "skill" of hitting another blob with AOE or if you had a really small pee-pee that you went into Obsidian Sanctum and kill traded with other similarly physically lacking specimens.

6 years here as well, sitting at 50 something Thousand. I was almost done with the full yak scorter and slapper chieve's when they were lowered and now I only have this chieve and the 2 SMC chieve's left (too bad I dislike ebg), still I know I'll get those 2 SMCS done and likely retire with this one still sitting on the table.

All you need to do is 1. join a guild that only admits one of the 5 meta builds, 2. run around in their pirate blob using zero tactical thinking spamming the same 2 aoe abilites over and over and over, 3. constantly verbally harass anyone who isn't using one of 5 said meta builds and dares to run close to your meta pirate blob, tell them to focus on downs, tell them they're useless, don't rally or rez them, and so on, 4. think you're at the height of achievement when you're really partially responsible for this game mode's slow death. After about a year of that, you should have your achievement.

@OrchusGhole.9846 said:All you need to do is 1. join a guild that only admits one of the 5 meta builds, 2. run around in their pirate blob using zero tactical thinking spamming the same 2 aoe abilites over and over and over, 3. constantly verbally harass anyone who isn't using one of 5 said meta builds and dares to run close to your meta pirate blob, tell them to focus on downs, tell them they're useless, don't rally or rez them, and so on, 4. think you're at the height of achievement when you're really partially responsible for this game mode's slow death. After about a year of that, you should have your achievement.

Lollll so bitter i smell a ranger.

@Israel.7056 said:

@OrchusGhole.9846 said:All you need to do is 1. join a guild that only admits one of the 5 meta builds, 2. run around in their pirate blob using zero tactical thinking spamming the same 2 aoe abilites over and over and over, 3. constantly verbally harass anyone who isn't using one of 5 said meta builds and dares to run close to your meta pirate blob, tell them to focus on downs, tell them they're useless, don't rally or rez them, and so on, 4. think you're at the height of achievement when you're really partially responsible for this game mode's slow death. After about a year of that, you should have your achievement.

Ah so I guess you think a game mode that excludes 13 out of 18 specializations from being effective in large scale encounters is a well designed system?

No meta class needed. Its not kill 250K. Its hit 250K opponent players once each, while the OmniBlob® carpet rolls them all on its way to victory. Even a choke bow thief could farm this in an optimized fashion. Just need to abandon anything interesting like havoc, smaller fights, and precision based gaming in general. Job requires a scalpel? Toss a daisy cutter or two at it and watch the "kill total" pile up. Achievement unlocked.

TL;DR? You learned how to burst DPS one thing pretty well? This specific achievement doesnt reward that. It rewards hitting as many things as you can with insignificant splash damage.

@Kraljevo.2801 said:It's clearly not unachievable since there are people that got it a year after release.

If you want this achievement then you have to participate in blob fights all the time. There's no way around it.

There was an issue/bug/exploit in the OS wasnt there? I remember seeing tons of people there farming kills on spawn and getting insane amount of kills that day. Not sure if that was reverted later.

@OrchusGhole.9846 said:

Ah so I guess you think a game mode that excludes 13 out of 18 specializations from being effective in large scale encounters is a well designed system?

I have learned to have very low expectations for balance in MMOs so I'd say it's pretty well designed compared to the other MMOs I've played. But I also don't really care that much because I've always been able to quickly swap and learn to play something useful and wanted in every game mode I've ever played in every game I've ever played including this one. I've personally swapped mains 4 times since launch. If you can't be bothered to try to learn to play something other than ranger in WvW even when it's been transparently clear that it's mostly useless and unwanted by pretty much every WvW guild since launch then I think that's on you.

Archived