Progress-racking system in Raids

Daniel.5428

Helo everyone,

I've created this post to gather together some suggestions about a stable and nice raid-progress-tracking system. We all know how stupid is to prove your progress at this point. For example:

Little Daniel (me) want to raid and murder Quadim. He has a lot of raids on his back and he already murdered the first 2 bosses. Daniel sees a message on LFG "God-quadim pwning group / 300 Li + KP B1,2". "Yey" said little Daniel while joining. In party, commander says: "Hey, Daniel, ping your stuff". But Daniel crafted his leggy armor and turned some LI in LD (legendary divinations). So Daniel has to link his legendary set (6 items) + LI + LD + KP boss 1 + KP boss 2 = 10 items......that's a lot of chat spamm. If 5 people would join at the same time there would be 50 items in chat, how does the commander even follows?

The bad part is that, with each new wing, things will stack and we will end up linking more and more.

I suggested in a previous post once an item like [acc_name]'s Adventurer Card. When you link it in chat, if someone press preview they can see your kill count on each boss. This would prove both the KP and the number of LI (the total killcount on all bosses). The same thing can be done with a simple chat command. Write /raidtrck [Player_name] and you sen that player a whisper with the killcounts.Now, there is a problem with this thing. We have no proof that Anet ever tracked these records and we do not know if they have any database with these details.

I am curious about your points of view and suggestions, guys.

Something to point out, the current system only allows you to progress your kp once per week. While many raiders, especially with a new wing hits, are going to be training and clearing the same boss multiple times to help refine their understanding of the encounter.

It would be nice to have a better system, but I think Anet doesn't want to encourage the culture of pinging kp. So we get stuck in this stupid middle ground. I say, rise above it, socialize and build connections. I've never asked anyone in my friends list to ping anything, because I know their respective skill levels and knowledge.

@thrag.9740 said:Something to point out, the current system only allows you to progress your kp once per week. While many raiders, especially with a new wing hits, are going to be training and clearing the same boss multiple times to help refine their understanding of the encounter.

It would be nice to have a better system, but I think Anet doesn't want to encourage the culture of pinging kp. So we get stuck in this stupid middle ground. I say, rise above it, socialize and build connections. I've never asked anyone in my friends list to ping anything, because I know their respective skill levels and knowledge.

Exactly. I killed W6B1 at least 3 times this week but I have only 1 KP. These guild deco are not a good milestone for a player's progress. Kill count would be the best. I mostly play on LFG and very rarely someone will not ask for ping.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:They should bring back progressive titles from GW1. Kill raidboss x 1, 10, 25, 50, 100, 500 times and you get a better title each time. Similar to 1,10,100,500,1000,10000 raid boss kills in total.

That would actually be an OK thing to do IMO. Other than skins, most of our bragging rights in GW1 came from titles, and there were a LOT of progressive titles there, not sure why they did not keep this trend going. Killing 100, 200, 500, 1000, etc. raid bosses awarding a progressive title (e.g Raider, Veteran Raider, Dominating Raider, Supreme Raider, etc.) would reward players for raiding without introducing more liquid gold into the economy. It could even be wing specific...

EDIT: In gw1, I remember progressive titles completely locked people out of at least one of the game modes (Heroes' Ascent which was the "top" pvp experience at the time). I very much doubt this is going to happen more than it already does in here, because realistically most people raiding are using discord to meet up and almost every group I was in was very lenient about lowering their requirements at the cost of mistake=kick policy.

@Malediktus.9250 said:I doubt it would be worse than the current kill proof system for sure. It is making a lot of toxity simply because it is so easy to fake

Don't forget how unfair it can be. People that pug feel pretty cheated when they get a 1 kp drop. One guy who joined me for my first clear of w6b2 last week legit just didn't get any kp drop. This leaves people pretty salty.

@thrag.9740 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:I doubt it would be worse than the current kill proof system for sure. It is making a lot of toxity simply because it is so easy to fake

Don't forget how unfair it can be. People that pug feel pretty cheated when they get a 1 kp drop. One guy who joined me for my first clear of w6b2 last week legit just didn't get any kp drop. This leaves people pretty salty.

tell me about it. I got one qadim kp last week and 3 this week. Major disadvantage when pugging.I might make a more thoughtout topic about progressive titles if people like the idea of that, but like always the chance of Anet implementing it is very low.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I don't think ANet needs to support people who insist on imposing arbitrary requirements about what constitutes "sufficient experience" to join their group. Those who want to use kill proofs as a proxy for actual ability can, of course, choose to do so.

Everyone who post on lfg ask for at least 1 itemlike KP or LI. Except the training groups.

@"Daniel.5428" said:

Little Daniel (me) want to raid and murder Quadim. He has a lot of raids on his back and he already murdered the first 2 bosses. Daniel sees a message on LFG "God-quadim pwning group / 300 Li + KP B1,2". "Yey" said little Daniel while joining. In party, commander says: "Hey, Daniel, ping your stuff". But Daniel crafted his leggy armor and turned some LI in LD (legendary divinations). So Daniel has to link his legendary set (6 items) + LI + LD + KP boss 1 + KP boss 2 = 10 items......that's a lot of chat spamm. If 5 people would join at the same time there would be 50 items in chat, how does the commander even follows?

little Daniel story is cute xD

I suggested in a previous post once an item like [acc_name]'s Adventurer Card. When you link it in chat, if someone press preview they can see your kill count on each boss. This would prove both the KP and the number of LI (the total killcount on all bosses). The same thing can be done with a simple chat command. Write /raidtrck [Player_name] and you sen that player a whisper with the killcounts.Now, there is a problem with this thing. We have no proof that Anet ever tracked these records and we do not know if they have any database with these details.

I donated all my raid kp, except the w6 ones. so I use my title and minisbut yes if there is an ingame system as suggested by little Daniel, it will be very nice. I like kill count on boss instead of silly kp.

Also, from little Daniel story I can tell little Daniel is from EU, because spam link stuff and kp isn't the normal practice or culture in NA :pI moved to NA a few times to get some CM done (due to lower ping there), and I spam link my stuff as soon as I join a pug group in NA, they were all shock with what I was trying to do. In EU, if you don't spam fast enough. you get kicked. but its different in NA. They talk more and take their time to reason things with you than action. :P

@Daniel.5428 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I don't think ANet needs to support people who insist on imposing arbitrary requirements about what constitutes "sufficient experience" to join their group. Those who want to use kill proofs as a proxy for actual ability can, of course, choose to do so.

Everyone who post on lfg ask for at least 1 itemlike KP or LI. Except the training groups.

It's not a hard requirement for success in raids; it's a social construct that "kill proof" constitutes "proof of ability."

Archived