If one of the classes without a Pet or Minion were to get a Minion/Pet Elite Spec, which should it b

Knighthonor.4061

The pet (as in living animal companion) is a ranger thing and should not be given to other classes.Gyros are things that stay with you and help you in battle, which in my opinion makes them count the same way as minions. Guardian has those spirit weapons things.

Even if those really don't count (which I think they kinda do, but opinions I guess) I don't think every class needs a variation of it, unless it can be made in a different way.

@Zeefa.3915 said:The pet (as in living animal companion) is a ranger thing and should not be given to other classes.Gyros are things that stay with you and help you in battle, which in my opinion makes them count the same way as minions. Guardian has those spirit weapons things.

Even if those really don't count (which I think they kinda do, but opinions I guess) I don't think every class needs a variation of it, unless it can be made in a different way.

AI companion spec then

@Zeefa.3915 said:The pet (as in living animal companion) is a ranger thing and should not be given to other classes.Gyros are things that stay with you and help you in battle, which in my opinion makes them count the same way as minions. Guardian has those spirit weapons things.

Looking at the whole list,

RangersMesmersNecroEleThief

thats 5 out of 10 classes have Minions/Pets of some kind and they all work differently. So dont seem like a reach that number 6 will have a different kind of minion as well.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

out of 10 classes

Lots of classes have immobile or semi-mobile minions (like Turrets and Gyros), and very brief minion summons (like Spirit Weapons), but very few classes have fully-functional minions, pretty much just the Elementalist and Necromancer. Mesmer illusions generally don't change targets and can't be commanded, except to shatter, and summoned Thieves can't be commanded either.

A new elite spec that has full control of at least one minion wouldn't hurt the game any.

Engineer already kinda has this "pet" / "minion" they are gyro's and Turrets lol. But it would be cool if they could make like a little mobile suit pet. and the Elite would be where you jump inside it (like warriors using rampage) and you gain a list of new skills / utilities for a short duration. Yea that'd be awesome. They would be call Driodmancers / Robotechs / Golemancers

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Lots of classes have immobile or semi-mobile minions (like Turrets and Gyros), and very brief minion summons (like Spirit Weapons), but very few classes have fully-functional minions, pretty much just the Elementalist and Necromancer. Mesmer illusions generally don't change targets and can't be commanded, except to shatter, and summoned Thieves can't be commanded either.

A new elite spec that has full control of at least one minion wouldn't hurt the game any.

Ask any engineer if getting AI minions for its elite spec did hurt them or not. There will be a select happy few that will say they want more minions, like golems or something similar. Meanwhile the other 95% will ran away screaming.

Maybe what would you define as "full control" is different from what Anet seems to be able to give.

PS: Oh, about the poll. I was thinking on voting for warrior, but then I understood I don't hate them THAT much.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Lots of classes have immobile or semi-mobile minions (like Turrets and Gyros), and very brief minion summons (like Spirit Weapons), but very few classes have fully-functional minions, pretty much just the Elementalist and Necromancer. Mesmer illusions generally don't change targets and can't be commanded, except to shatter, and summoned Thieves can't be commanded either.

Ask any engineer if getting AI minions for its elite spec did hurt them or not. There will be a select happy few that will say they want more minions, like golems or something similar. Meanwhile the other 95% will ran away screaming.

Maybe what would you define as "full control" is different from what Anet seems to be able to give.

PS: Oh, about the poll. I was thinking on voting for warrior, but then I understood I don't hate them THAT much.

Yeah, I picked engineer because it is my least liked class. If an elite spec is going to be ruined by being tied to a minion/pet then I would rather it be a class that I already lack interest in playing.

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:Engineer already kinda has this "pet" / "minion" they are gyro's and Turrets lol. But it would be cool if they could make like a little mobile suit pet. and the Elite would be where you jump inside it (like warriors using rampage) and you gain a list of new skills / utilities for a short duration. Yea that'd be awesome. They would be call Driodmancers / Robotechs / Golemancers

Isn’t that the same as the Elite Asuran racial skill Summon Power Suit?

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:Engineer already kinda has this "pet" / "minion" they are gyro's and Turrets lol. But it would be cool if they could make like a little mobile suit pet. and the Elite would be where you jump inside it (like warriors using rampage) and you gain a list of new skills / utilities for a short duration. Yea that'd be awesome. They would be call Driodmancers / Robotechs / Golemancers

Isn’t that the same as the Elite Asuran racial skill

true but this would be automatic fuse kinda like soul beast, and this would be an entire spec that would be based on a player utilizing the "pet" to its advantage. The elite would fuse instead of soul beast being the f2 skill.

Archived