Mirage has terrible design

Silence.3702

It's Memser which designs is flawed by having to be able to consistently make mirror images against single target and therefore instantly creating an advantage for you.The worst part about mirage is that it's completely non interactive class it's plain marathon of 2 minutes of how to find the right Memser who consistently breaks image(as long he has idea what he is doing and not spamming skills) It's boring , shallow, stupid and on top of it the class is abit too strong. It's the combination of the class having bad design and slightly too strong to invoke such results. Even if Memser was not strong by any mean it would still be hated due to its very annoying to deal with kit

Every other class in the game has clear weaknesses and Memser is the only class that does a very good job in hiding it

idk i recently started playing my mesmer again to understand them a bit more (and because i love portals).I do clearly see an advantage in 1v1s against "avrage" players. But you can clearly tell if someone is used to fighting mesmers or not because no matter your effort to "hide" yourself you will get busted by players that can tell the difference.And the fact that a big part of your damage comes from your shatters you can really nullify a big portion of the damage by dodging the power combos (ex. Gs2, shatter, Gs3, Gs4 etc)Condimesmers is a bit harder to deal with due to alot of damage coming from ambushing with Axe and doesnt require the same setup or popping as many CDs.

But im still learning and find myself beating more and more mesmers the more i play against them (partly by learning from playing the class)

I just once want the devs to play a FA ele, where 80% of the attacks and damage require a target to even fire off, and understand the experience of fighting a mirage. The constant target-breaks and invulns, ports that ignore any attempt to kite, and high burst capability of the mesmer himself completely ruins any semblance of fun in fighting the spec. It isn't that my skills are just less effective...half the time they are useless. Put this on-top of the fact that burst-v-burst requires very fast-twitch reactions, and it really shows that the balance is completely off.

Mirages have too much mobility, hard defense (blocks, invulns, etc), and burst in one package...making it a true "apex predator" for burst builds...while still having portal which instantly adds an insane dimension to the team. I truly do miss old core mesmers, b/c there were actual tells, and the fight was an interesting give and take, knowing when to dodge or when to kite. Now...its both futile and frustrating to fight. Terrible design.

When anet dev was streaming, one of the Dev's said "how does Engineer stealth". Just think about that for a minute lol. But i do know what you're talking about. The constant target breaking from Mesmer is a bit too much considering the fact their clones gain more health as the player does if they are running a condition build.

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:When anet dev was streaming, one of the Dev's said "how does Engineer stealth". Just think about that for a minute lol. But i do know what you're talking about. The constant target breaking from Mesmer is a bit too much considering the fact their clones gain more health as the player does if they are running a condition build.

Please tell me this is a joke ?????

@Blackdagger.9670 said:Mesmer is a god in Anet's eyes. Unfortunatly, you all need to get used to this. Cuz they don't care and they think its a well balanced class.

Explaining how broken mesmer(especially mirage) is to Anet is equal to having conversation with a deaf person without knowing sign language.

Mesmer is a god in Anet's eyes

they think its a well balanced class.

So which is it?

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:When anet dev was streaming, one of the Dev's said "how does Engineer stealth". Just think about that for a minute lol. But i do know what you're talking about. The constant target breaking from Mesmer is a bit too much considering the fact their clones gain more health as the player does if they are running a condition build.

Imagine not knowing everything about every single class. Haha what a fool

@Blocki.4931 said:

The problem is not that someone doesn't know everything about every class. The problem is that ppl come to forum and complain about a class they have no clue about, what makes no sense at all.

@Blocki.4931 said:

They don't need to know everything about every class. Even i don't know that and i've been playing for 5 years. The point i was making is that they don't know something as simple as that. It's a utility from the tool belt , Toss Elixir S : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_S

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:

@Blackdagger.9670 said:Mesmer is a god in Anet's eyes. Unfortunatly, you all need to get used to this. Cuz they don't care and they think its a well balanced class.

Explaining how broken mesmer(especially mirage) is to Anet is equal to having conversation with a deaf person without knowing sign language.

Mesmer is a god in Anet's eyes

they think its a well balanced class.

So which is it?

A well balanced god ;)

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:The point i was making is that they don't know something as simple as that.Why should they? Not every dev is in the balance team and even the balance team consists of devs that focus around specific classes. The communication between these people + game data + creativity makes good balancing ... and not one random dev, that appears in a random video, playing a random spec.

During my university time I had student-job in a store that sold about 10.000 different products. A customer came in and asked me about a specific price and I told him I have to look it up as I don't know it. His answer was: "Why? You are working here, you are obviously incompetent as you have to know that." One of the most idiotic things I have ever heard in my life and it's comparable to the comments about that dev playing engineer.

@bravan.3876 said:

The problem is not that someone doesn't know everything about every class. The problem is that ppl come to forum and complain about a class they have no clue about, what makes no sense at all.

I was sarcastic, in case not everybody caught on :P

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:The point i was making is that they don't know something as simple as that.Why should they? Not every dev is in the balance team and even the balance team consists of devs that focus around specific classes. The communication between these people + game data + creativity makes good balancing ... and not one random dev, that appears in a random video, playing a random spec.

During my university time I had student-job in a store that sold about 10.000 different products. A customer came in and asked me about a specific price and I told him I have to look it up as I don't know it. His answer was: "Why? You are working here, you are obviously incompetent as you have to know that." One of the most idiotic things I have ever heard in my life and it's comparable to the comments about that dev playing engineer.

Because they are the ones BALANCING their OWN GAME. thats why they should know ....

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:The point i was making is that they don't know something as simple as that.Why should they? Not every dev is in the balance team and even the balance team consists of devs that focus around specific classes. The communication between these people + game data + creativity makes good balancing ... and not one random dev, that appears in a random video, playing a random spec.

Because they are the ones BALANCING their OWN GAME. thats why they should know ....

Do you even know what that programmer was part of? Was he a game designer with classes/balances or on another team?

The ignorance by a majority of the people on these forums is mind bottling.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:The point i was making is that they don't know something as simple as that.Why should they? Not every dev is in the balance team and even the balance team consists of devs that focus around specific classes. The communication between these people + game data + creativity makes good balancing ... and not one random dev, that appears in a random video, playing a random spec.

Do you even know what that programmer was part of? Was he a game designer with classes/balances or on another team?

The ignorance by a majority of the people on these forums is
mind bottling

Not sure if this was an intentional Blades of Glory reference... but you get 10 points either way.

@Avigrus.2871 said:

The ignorance by a majority of the people on these forums is
mind bottling

Not sure if this was an intentional Blades of Glory reference... but you get 10 points either way.

Haha and here I thought it was going to go unnoticed.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:When anet dev was streaming, one of the Dev's said "how does Engineer stealth". Just think about that for a minute lol. But i do know what you're talking about. The constant target breaking from Mesmer is a bit too much considering the fact their clones gain more health as the player does if they are running a condition build.

They don't need to know everything about every class. Even i don't know that and i've been playing for 5 years. The point i was making is that they don't know something as simple as that. It's a utility from the tool belt , Toss Elixir S :

Or, pre-cast orbiltal strike, drop bomb kit 4, use bomb kit tool belt, switch to flamethrower, double tap 2, double tap shield 4 easy 12 second aoe stealth. Fools indeed. I don't even main the class

Archived