Power vs Condi/hybrid for Fractals and open world?

Joshewwah.2956

Currently I'm running condi/hybrid with vipers. I've checked a few builds on metabattle and apparently for Daredevil, the dps is equivalent for both of them (for fractals), with a slight favor going to power. I do find it slightly annoying that I have to wait a bit to deal damage, considering that I need to get some conditions on enemies to deal damage. So its a bit annoying that killing trash mobs is slightly longer than expected.

Anyway, is it worth switching over to power? The dps rotation for condi DD is easy with D/D. Is the dps rotation for power DD easy? How about Deadeye? And is Condi thief even worth playing, considering power is more better and that power/berserkers gear can be used in WvW (where condi/vipers can't effectively for thief).

Front-loaded damage works better for trash that dies quickly.Condition damage has a ramp up, it will do more damage over time than power will which makes it better against longer-lasting opponents... That is, if Malicious Backstab didn't exist it would.

So you might as well go Power Deadeye D/D if you goal is to do top DPS.

Archived