Memorabilia collection - Can't re-acquire "Notes to Myself" - Collection Unobtainable

dace.8019

I found then discarded the item "Notes to Myself" along with a bunch of other books that I could not vendor, all found in the Jihai Bluffs. Honestly, it just got mixed up in all those items and I didn't notice.

Problem: This now prevents me from picking up the collection "Memorabilia". The Distraught Awakened has no new dialogue options, and isn't in the Sun's Refuge either. The item doesn't respawn in the cave below the waterfall either.

Other problem: This also means I can never finish the meta collection "Full House".

Ran into this exact issue. Was doing collection stuff over the weekend and found that I cannot get the collection to start. I had already picked it up and it sits in the inventory. But I fear if I delete the book that it won't respawn for me. Hoping Anet will say something about this stalled issue.

Update:

I have a solution that works for me. If I stop being a clueless idiot for ten seconds, I find "Notes to Myself".

ANet's support team got back to me. They couldn't find any evidence that I have ever looted the item. The agent patiently described a second cave behind the waterfall. It's not the one with the beetle wall, but above it, you'll need to glide/springer/griffon in. The "Notes to Myself" lies therein.

Hope this helps.

Archived