Cause of the rifts — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home ArenaNet Forum Chats Sep: LWS4 Ep 4, Raid, & more!

Cause of the rifts

Wasn't entirely sure, after playing through the episode -- is it due to some special ability Kraalkatorik gained after consuming Balthazar's magic? Or is it just due to the amount of power Kraalkatorik now has? Or is Kraalkatorik just taking advantage of the increasing destabilization of magic in Tyria?

Tagged:

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And how did the rift Kralk presumably used to open into the Mists not rip open reality given the sheer size it had to have been? I saw some potential answers to this in the lore discussion, but something didn't quite ring right about this bit.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Entrances to the Mists were not so easily come upon back in the day. But now even asurans can just set up a gate to the Mists no problem. Seems kind of cheap.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    And how did the rift Kralk presumably used to open into the Mists not rip open reality given the sheer size it had to have been? I saw some potential answers to this in the lore discussion, but something didn't quite ring right about this bit.

    Why would it rip reality? We dont have anything that could suggest this right?

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @perilisk.1874 said:
    Wasn't entirely sure, after playing through the episode -- is it due to some special ability Kraalkatorik gained after consuming Balthazar's magic? Or is it just due to the amount of power Kraalkatorik now has? Or is Kraalkatorik just taking advantage of the increasing destabilization of magic in Tyria?

    The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals.

  • Based on everything we've seen, this seems like pretty reasonable hypothesis =)

    Connor Fallon
    Game Designer

  • "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

  • @Niwatori.2813 said:
    "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

    @Niwatori.2813 said:
    "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

    Balthazar was weakened but not completely powerless. He did, after all, open the portal that Rytlock took back to Tyria.

  • @TheConquerer.8639 said:

    @Niwatori.2813 said:
    "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

    @Niwatori.2813 said:
    "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

    Balthazar was weakened but not completely powerless. He did, after all, open the portal that Rytlock took back to Tyria.

    Wasn't Sohothin who did that?

    Joko lies, Balthazar don't.

  • Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

    @JasonLucas.4981 said:

    @TheConquerer.8639 said:

    @Niwatori.2813 said:
    "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

    @Niwatori.2813 said:
    "The safest bet is to assume that its because of balthazar that kralkatoric can do this. The gods are known mist travelers and we've even seen balthazar opening rift portals."

    The problem with this hypothesis is that Kralky didn't consume any God-power. He only consumed power Balthy had snatched from the Bloodstone and Primordus /Jormag, right?

    Balthazar was weakened but not completely powerless. He did, after all, open the portal that Rytlock took back to Tyria.

    Wasn't Sohothin who did that?

    No. Balthazar reignited Sohothin in return for being freed, then opened the portal back to Tyria. At least, that's how it sounded from Rytlock's tale.