Benevolence v.s. Life

Baldavier.4132

As far as my testing has shown, sigil of benevolence and life both increase self and other heal, but life is better - so why does benevolence exist?If no need, what do you suppose it could it be made to do do instead?

p.s. i really hope its not a bug and its not meant to be one for self heal and one for other heal - because that'd be a hard choice, i just want both

Test it again. Benevolence should not increase healing to self, but should offer superior ally healing— partcularly for skills with a high base heal.

Sigil of Life will be good for skills that have a high healing power coefficient, and will add to self healing, but will generally be inferior in most circumstances with regards to ally/pet healing.

• 2 years later...

I have a guardian fire brand heal build (healbrand) and reviewed each skill/trait that gives health for my character, calculating how much health you get per second for each. Life wins, Benevolence had 90% the effectiveness of Life when Life was at 25 counters. Here are the primary things to consider:

• You can have both Benevolence and Life on your weapon(s) which further increases overall healing.
  • Life also applies to heals to yourself, Benevolence only applies to healing to everyone else.
  • Benevolence is always active. If you lose your counters for Life for whatever reason, you start with zero bonus healing and have to earn them back again.

I realize this is an old thread, I just wanted to post for the benefit of people who are interested in the technical differences. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@supermanboy.4592 said:I have a guardian fire brand heal build (healbrand) and reviewed each skill/trait that gives health for my character, calculating how much health you get per second for each. Life wins, Benevolence had 90% the effectiveness of Life when Life was at 25 counters. Here are the primary things to consider:

• You can have both Benevolence and Life on your weapon(s) which further increases overall healing.You can but you will only get stacks for one of them

• Life also applies to heals to yourself, Benevolence only applies to healing to everyone else.

• Benevolence is always active. If you lose your counters for Life for whatever reason, you start with zero bonus healing and have to earn them back again.Both relies on stacks.I realize this is an old thread, I just wanted to post for the benefit of people who are interested in the technical differences. ;)Are you mixing up Benevolence and Transference?

• 1 year later...

Thank you, for clarity:

- I calculated the effective difference of the Benevolence vs. the Life Sigil.  In my case, I have a firebrand quick/healing build and went heavy with healing stats on my gear.

- The Life sigil healed for more when at 25 stacks.  *You* also gain the benefit of the additional healing from life.

- Benevolence only heals allies, not you.

- As both sigils use counters, only one will be buffed at a time.  With either sigil, you can also use the Transference sigil to further increase healing (to others).

Necro'd thread, but I benchmarked this a long time ago, and here's the results:

- For allied healing, Benevolence is always better if you have 1k of healing power or higher. This is why 1k is the soft cap on healing, and anything beyond that is just a bonus. (This varies from 900-1100 by class.)

- For self-healing, Life is always better because Benevolence doesn't affect you.

- Sigil of Life is always superior for classes that primarily give barrier, not direct healing (like Scourge).

- Neither sigil should be used in instanced content where the /gg command is present. Stacking sigils are a liability in such content (Fractals, raids and strike missions), because you lose stacks at every reset. Use Sigil of Transference and Water/Renewal instead.

- Renewal is better than Water for classes that can "weaponswap" by some class-specific means. Druid, Elementalist, Engineer and Revenant are the main ones.

- Some classes can use both Renewal and Water, e.g a Guardian would take Water on mace, and Renewal on staff since it provides emergency mass healing (swap->#4).

- Remember that many Alacrity & Quickness healing builds need an extra spot for the Concentration sigil.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 1