Mini Springer Ramona recipe?

Malediktus.9250

The patch on 28th august introduced Mini Springer Kits to the Black Lion chests and apparently one secret miniature, the Mini Springer Ramona (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Springer_Ramona). It should be ingame since two players on GW2efficiency have unlocked this.I assume it has to be a mystic forge recipe, but given that there are 10 Mini Springer variants available + all the other possible items it is very hard to find the recipe and my attempts have been fruitless so far. I have tried quite a few recipes (too many to list) and none worked so far. But since at least two people have found it, it might be something easy I have missed.

On the other hand it might be something similar to Gaile's frogs in GW1 and only aquireable with help from Anet. (maybe a dev called Ramona?)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Fenom.9457" said:My question is why does this exist? Nowhere has a springer named Ramona appeared, it seems irrelevant to... the entire game...?

yes, it is definitely strange. I cannot even find a Ramona on Anets employee list.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet#List_of_ArenaNet_staff

So there is no important staff member with that name

Which rules out the possibility that it is a present for an Anet employee I guess

Given the time of year, my money is on it being a new Halloween mini that sneaked into the code a bit early.It fits the pattern of many previous Halloween minis which were given actual names which didn't seem to relate to anything else in game, i.e Ghost Carlotta, Zuzu Cat of Darkness, Gwynefyrdd, Charles the Hellfire Skeleton, Oxidecimus the Shadow Raven, Thailog the Gargoyle, Bradford the Skeleton Ghost, Gustav the Caramel Corn Elemental.

Granted, it doesn't look particularly scary, unless you have leporiphobia (yes I googled that ;) )Maybe it turns into the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog if you look at it funny.

@Vallune.8150 said:Given the time of year, my money is on it being a new Halloween mini that sneaked into the code a bit early.It fits the pattern of many previous Halloween minis which were given actual names which didn't seem to relate to anything else in game, i.e Ghost Carlotta, Zuzu Cat of Darkness, Gwynefyrdd, Charles the Hellfire Skeleton, Oxidecimus the Shadow Raven, Thailog the Gargoyle, Bradford the Skeleton Ghost, Gustav the Caramel Corn Elemental.

Granted, it doesn't look particularly scary, unless you have leporiphobia (yes I googled that ;) )Maybe it turns into the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog if you look at it funny.

The problem with this is 2 people on GW2 efficiency have it, which they wouldn't be able to do if it wasn't obtainable yet.

Even if they're Anet staff they're not allowed to create items for themselves in the actual game.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Vallune.8150 said:Given the time of year, my money is on it being a new Halloween mini that sneaked into the code a bit early.It fits the pattern of many previous Halloween minis which were given actual names which didn't seem to relate to anything else in game, i.e Ghost Carlotta, Zuzu Cat of Darkness, Gwynefyrdd, Charles the Hellfire Skeleton, Oxidecimus the Shadow Raven, Thailog the Gargoyle, Bradford the Skeleton Ghost, Gustav the Caramel Corn Elemental.

The problem with this is 2 people on GW2 efficiency have it, which they wouldn't be able to do if it wasn't obtainable yet.

Even if they're Anet staff they're not allowed to create items for themselves in the actual game.

Yes, it would not make sense that two people have it if it were not obtainable in some way

I didn't get around to doing the mini Springer Kit collection yet, so I currently have 227 Mini Brown Springer Kits and 412 Unidentified Dye sitting in my bank - enough to make 1 of each mini Springer in the collection (plus one Mini Brown Springer Kit unlocked in the wardrobe - which is why I'm 1 short of the number on the Wiki.)

What combinations do you think I should try to discover Ramona? I'm happy to experiment, especially since I'm planning to make all the springers in one go anyway, I can just hold off on adding them to the wardrobe as I make them and if necessary make a second version of any I use up. As long as it doesn't cost me a fortune I'll try whatever might work, but I'm really bad at working these things out so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: My first idea seems like a dead-end. I went to the springer ranch in Desert Highlands and picked up one of each springer-related item I could find - a Tasty Carrot, Tasty Golden Carrot, Springer Carving, Golden Springer Carving and a Mini Springer Mount. None of them can be used in the Mystic Forge, so if it's a forge recipe we're looking for it doesn't use any of those items.

@Danikat.8537 said:I didn't get around to doing the mini Springer Kit collection yet, so I currently have 227 Mini Brown Springer Kits and 412 Unidentified Dye sitting in my bank - enough to make 1 of each mini Springer in the collection (plus one Mini Brown Springer Kit unlocked in the wardrobe - which is why I'm 1 short of the number on the Wiki.)

What combinations do you think I should try to discover Ramona? I'm happy to experiment, especially since I'm planning to make all the springers in one go anyway, I can just hold off on adding them to the wardrobe as I make them and if necessary make a second version of any I use up. As long as it doesn't cost me a fortune I'll try whatever might work, but I'm really bad at working these things out so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: My first idea seems like a dead-end. I went to the springer ranch in Desert Highlands and picked up one of each springer-related item I could find - a Tasty Carrot, Tasty Golden Carrot, Springer Carving, Golden Springer Carving and a Mini Springer Mount. None of them can be used in the Mystic Forge, so if it's a forge recipe we're looking for it doesn't use any of those items.

Maybe any combination of Mini Springer that are not used to make one for the collection + dyes. But I tried a lot of them already, it is probably not it. But given that there are 10³ = 1000 possibilties to combine springers and dye, I probably have missed a lot.But the end result is account bound, so the 4th item might be an account bound item instead of a dye

@"Deimos.4263" said:For whatever it's worth, Mini Springer Ramona is not a Kit. So for that reason I don't think it is forged from the Mini Springer Kits.

It just looks like a retextured springer kit, not sure if not having kit in the name is relevant.

But more interestingly the wiki says "Was removed from the miniatures panel after the 2 October 2018 update."

So maybe we are not supposed to know about this mini. Which would mean that it could indeed be some kind of dev giveaway (via gemstore code)

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Deimos.4263" said:For whatever it's worth, Mini Springer Ramona is not a
Kit
. So for that reason I don't think it is forged from the Mini Springer Kits.

It just looks like a retextured springer kit, not sure if not having kit in the name is relevant.

But more interestingly the wiki says "Was removed from the miniatures panel after the 2 October 2018 update."

So maybe we are not supposed to know about this mini. Which would mean that it could indeed be some kind of dev giveaway (via gemstore code)

It looks more like the regular Mini Springer to me. Doesn't have the kits' larger eyes. But yes that's my conclusion as well, we're not supposed to see this mini (at this time).

@Death Snakes.8193 said:Both Ramona and the Awakened Asura minis have been removed. They could have just been test minis, or mini's still in development that accidently got shipped into the panel. Ramona was somehow added to the api so I really hope it will be released soon.

For some reason they have not removed Mini Turai Ossa though. It would have been a reward for a never released PvP reward track, so it wastes space in the wardrobe for 3 years now

I actually discovered the mystery behind this mini: it's a tribute to a pet bunny named Ramona who passed away. https://pipann.tumblr.com/post/178911882005/the-ramona-mystery

And according to the post, it's correct that only 2 people currently own it. Those two are the developer who created the model for the mini (alongside with the springer kit set and backpack), and her sister. The recipe is a secret and they intend to keep it that way until someone discovers the recipe on their own. :)

If you ask me, it's an amazing tribute to Ramona. She clearly meant a lot to them both.

@"Spanex.1950" said:I actually discovered the mystery behind this mini: it's a tribute to a pet bunny named Ramona who passed away. https://pipann.tumblr.com/post/178911882005/the-ramona-mystery

And according to the post, it's correct that only 2 people currently own it. Those two are the developer who created the model for the mini (alongside with the springer kit set and backpack), and her sister. The recipe is a secret and they intend to keep it that way until someone discovers the recipe on their own. :)

If you ask me, it's an amazing tribute to Ramona. She clearly meant a lot to them both.

That is a lovely story. Our pets give us so much. This is a wonderful tribute.

@"Spanex.1950" said:I actually discovered the mystery behind this mini: it's a tribute to a pet bunny named Ramona who passed away. https://pipann.tumblr.com/post/178911882005/the-ramona-mystery

So there is actually a recipe(MF I suppose) for it then, interesting. Now how about the Mini Awakened Asura, Turai Ossa and Charr Warrior? :D (And the Mini Djinns that apparently drop but don't)