My guild is looking to do a small GvG

SnowHawk.3615

So I am a part of a small EU guild that recently started picking up some NA nights- well now we are venturing into GvG with a sister guild that we lead during the NA nights. I have no idea how to GvG. My guild leader wants me to run a boonshare chrono- however I'm not sure what my build should necessarily look like. He knows I play gank mesmer some days when we don't rally enough to to EU raid. I've played mesmer since GW1 prophecies/GW2 launch- I've played many builds over the years including boonshare for certain occasions but rarely. however I have no idea what a GvG boonshare vs a BS WvW build looks like. I usually play firebrand during our EU raids since that is typically what we lack.
I haven't found any "up-to-date" GvG boonshare chrono builds but I am currently running full ascended minstrels+durability runes. I don't have full infusions yet but I am working on that! I'm not sure when the GvG is going down bc it's still in the works on who can join and who can't that evening/afternoon. Please, any advice I would greatly appreciate. <33

Here is my current mesmer buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQNAseWl0nhq0YBawONwtGLDHVdm+pn65FkBhmZAMKNEA-jVyGQBA4QAQgjAA50HMRlg97EAkrHAA9U/pc7PQQlfBASASmKTBMTvn7JTvn7BpA8bmF-w

Run (since you're new, this is easiest variant): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQNAs+dn0nBVphFoB2pBEgilhj68CygQrOTD1T1MAGlGC-j1xHQB57BAAQlfgTvQ42fAAnEgHqEEeq/EAIBIZKAmp3z9kp3z9gUA+NzC-wAlso...What makes you think Metabattle build is not up to date?

As for videos i can't link mine... But you can look on youtube with: "gvg mesmer" or something and sort for 2018. Mesmer gameplay hasn't really changed in whole year.

Are you an EU or NA guild?

@"SloRules.3560" said:Run (since you're new, this is easiest variant): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQNAs+dn0nBVphFoB2pBEgilhj68CygQrOTD1T1MAGlGC-j1xHQB57BAAQlfgTvQ42fAAnEgHqEEeq/EAIBIZKAmp3z9kp3z9gUA+NzC-wAlso...What makes you think Metabattle build is not up to date?

As for videos i can't link mine... But you can look on youtube with: "gvg mesmer" or something and sort for 2018. Mesmer gameplay hasn't really changed in whole year.

Are you an EU or NA guild?

thank you- I just wasn't sure about metabattle and I know sometimes ppl run off builds that work better for certain situations if that makes sense? I am EU

@Sovereign.1093 said:have you tried searching in youtube, doing a bit on chrono view in wvw?

if no, try there first. seeing is better than reading. testing it out will know if you lacking something

Yes ive done lots of searching around but the gvg's are old but boonshare wvw are recent enough.ive played boonshare in fractals- but not gvg didnt know if there was a huge difference

@SnowHawk.3615 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:have you tried searching in youtube, doing a bit on chrono view in wvw?

if no, try there first. seeing is better than reading. testing it out will know if you lacking something

Yes ive done lots of searching around but the gvg's are old but boonshare wvw are recent enough.ive played boonshare in fractals- but not gvg didnt know if there was a huge difference

(o゚ω゚o)

read your traits skills utilities and find one or two that really helps your team and focus on them.

in a way, you synergize ur skills to your gear.

as for boon share, its the boon signet. =) you can start there.

like in the fb,

i focus on monks focus. thats the one fb trait my guild bets on. everything is adjusted to compliment that.

Hi,Good luck with your GvG! What Guilds / Server are you playing on?

I've changed the Traits / Skills / Weapons to what I think guilds are running. I didn't change runes / infusions / sigils, I presume they don't matter too much.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhIQRAse8dncfCFrhFoB2pBEgiFijyMASgFquS/0S9sBugPD-jlx/gAQq/8qEEQ/Q2DAIY/BQlfBASAMTvn7JTvn7BpA8bmF-w

I wouldn't worry too much about finding videos of recent Mesmer gvg. Your roll will become quite apparent once you start playing it.
As you've played other Mesmer builds, you will notice that this one doesn't require much mechanical skill, it' s mostly going to be about consistency and reliability.

You should prioritize doing the following things:

Stealth:'Veil' - Long cooldown, short stealth. Commander will call for it.

CC:Focus 4 'Temporal Curtain' is a low cooldown ?20 seconds? pull. You want to use this to pull people into your bomb, similar to when you might place your line on Firebrand on a shade spike.

'Gravity Well' Is probably the strongest cc in the game, you will want to continuum split this skill (You have to start casting GW before you CS). Prioritize using on bubbles.

Resurrect:'Illusion of Life' is used to get a resurrect on an ally who you can't get with MI or 'F' resurrect. Typically during the first push when the enemy has the most damage. It has quite a long cast time and a long cooldown, you need to communicate to your team that you are using this skill, and the person who got resurrected needs to understand whether or not they have rallied or are going to go back down after 15 seconds.

You are in a better position than anyone to 'F' resurrect or stomp since you have easy access to stab and 'Distortion'

Boonshare:The best use for this is trying to quickly restore essential boons on people who have been stripped.

Unreal

Archived