No more image preview?

Zavve.8205

The image markdown code is really screwy. If you link more than one image, it erases all but one. The section for the alt text also doesn't work, so no matter what you want the image to show as, it will always just display the file name, which is gibberish in 99.9% of cases since most people use stuff like Imgur to upload their stuff.

The old forums allowed you to add attachments to your post, which actually uploaded the file to ArenaNet's servers. That's why it showed a preview. These forums only appear to allow linking. They could allow actually showing the linked image, but that's a security vulnerability.

If you want to link an image, upload it to imgur.com and simply link it

I need to test this, since I see an image box in the options.Ok, I've pasted in a TinyPic url. It's surrounded by bizarre extra symbols, a ! and some quotes and a ) -- now to post.

Views and Tests Link

And that's no good. It doesn't just bring up the image, it brings up the album page. I learned on previous game forums that that means others can then navigate to all my other images. I may have to learn to use Imjur, if that avoids the problem. But I do miss the direct image upload capability, it made it so easy to share images. Having to separately upload, copy paste a URL, then have other forum users trust my link enough to spend the time and bandwidth going to view it is going to hurt.

@Donari.5237 said:I may have to learn to use Imjur, if that avoids the problem. But I do miss the direct image upload capability, it made it so easy to share images. Having to separately upload, copy paste a URL, then have other forum users trust my link enough to spend the time and bandwidth going to view it is going to hurt.

Uploading to imgur is as simple as dropping a file onto imgur.com. You can then simply post the URL, which the forums will automatically mark (https://i.imgur.com/WLzHp57.jpg). If you want to change the text, you need to do it like this [example](https://i.imgur.com/WLzHp57.jpg) (example)

Archived