Deadeye needs to be nerfed.

DotDotWin.4357

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of people who are SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of having PVP be completely pointless if your team doesn't have a Deadeye and the other team does. They can kill you from half a map away and if you attack them they just dodge roll and go invisible.

They just slaughter entire groups because we can't do a GOD DAMN THING to kill them.They seem to have a limitless stream of 3 round bursts that mow down the people who are manage to survive their 20K-27K in instant opening attacks, from stealth.It's bullshit and it needs to be heavily nerfed.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hoodie.1045 said:You are showing a video made in November of 2017. Deadeye has received plenty of nerfs since then. Nowadays the only thing people hate about deadeye is the near permanent stealth that they can use, not to mention how easy it is to achieve compared to d/p daredevils.

but still the same is happening mate. In WvW its completely OP and in Pvp.. well its not op in pvp but defenitely the least fun build to fight against and should be deleted from the game tbh

@"DotDotWin.4357" said:I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of people who are SICK AND kitten TIRED of having PVP be completely pointless if your team doesn't have a Deadeye and the other team does. They can kill you from half a map away and if you attack them they just dodge roll and go invisible.

They just slaughter entire groups because we can't do a GOD kitten THING to kill them.They seem to have a limitless stream of 3 round bursts that mow down the people who are manage to survive their 20K-27K in instant opening attacks, from stealth.It's kitten and it needs to be heavily nerfed.

I'm not sure nerfing it further is an option. This class should never have made it to the game. It was clear from the start it will be one of the most hated.

It also depends on what build you are running. If you equip teleporting abilities it's not so difficult. I've seen guardians one-shot a thief by just porting to them. If you run something more tanky and slow, you have a problem.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:and in PvE it's highly nerved to the ground and needs to get back like it was at deadeye's launch.

It's one of the top single target DPS classes in PvE though.

also the top immobile and lack lusting class in PvE, but let's ignore that.

It gets top PvE with dual daggers, not rifle. You clearly don't really know high level PvE well.

@otto.5684 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:lol, this is getting out of control, I don't remember seeing this much whining since the turret eng back in 2015

Well, regardless of it being op or not, being a ghost build is just terrible design. Add to to that, the builds main damage comes at range, from stealth and unblockable is just stupid.

I agree, the level of rage comes from how easily it can be execcuted, like the eng build I said. This build is super annoying and you need a specific build to counter it.

I'm still having fun reading all the comments. As a warrior I do ok against the deadeye, but I've seen some squisher builds getting taken down really quickly.

LoL a 2k17 DE montage video. I agree, DE was a beast back then.

Has nothing to do with current balance though. So I guess OP knows kitten about how DE works, and linked the first video he/she found with big numbers.

I got bored with DE myself, nowadays I mostly play other classes... and no matter what roamer build I'm on, dealing with enemy DE-s is just not that big of a problem. Basicly all classes have tools to deal with the enemy snipers. Now of course you can make builds which (coupled with your playstyle) are entirely defenseless against the 1500 range poking, but why would you?In high end sPvP DE is just another thief variant, it's actually easier to shut down than any other daredevil or core S/D builds. The sniper is a noobkiller and nothing more, if it gives you problems it only shows you(or your team as a whole) have ways to go in terms of skill.

But these threads are entertaining so... keep 'em coming! I get to read things like:

@Vieux P.1238 said:...or S/D build with perma stealth is kinda broken.

@Bazsi.2734 said:LoL a 2k17 DE montage video. I agree, DE was a beast back then.

Has nothing to do with current balance though. So I guess OP knows kitten about how DE works, and linked the first video he/she found with big numbers.

I got bored with DE myself, nowadays I mostly play other classes... and no matter what roamer build I'm on, dealing with enemy DE-s is just not that big of a problem. Basicly all classes have tools to deal with the enemy snipers. Now of course you can make builds which (coupled with your playstyle) are entirely defenseless against the 1500 range poking, but why would you?In high end sPvP DE is just another thief variant, it's actually easier to shut down than any other daredevil or core S/D builds. The sniper is a noobkiller and nothing more, if it gives you problems it only shows you(or your team as a whole) have ways to go in terms of skill.

But these threads are entertaining so... keep 'em coming! I get to read things like:

@Vieux P.1238 said:...or S/D build with perma stealth is kinda broken.

Ok i will.. How bout the Flip flopping perma evade build never catch you ever build?

@"DotDotWin.4357" said:I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of people who are SICK AND kitten TIRED of having PVP be completely pointless if your team doesn't have a Deadeye and the other team does. They can kill you from half a map away and if you attack them they just dodge roll and go invisible.

They just slaughter entire groups because we can't do a GOD kitten THING to kill them.They seem to have a limitless stream of 3 round bursts that mow down the people who are manage to survive their 20K-27K in instant opening attacks, from stealth.It's kitten and it needs to be heavily nerfed.

Make a DE and try for yourself.Malice doesn't work like that anyone as you posted in the 2017 video, so without building it you won't get 20k to 27k hit.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:and in PvE it's highly nerved to the ground and needs to get back like it was at deadeye's launch.

But it's pve, kinda meaningless when you are fighting brain dead AI mobs

I think somebody should mention it... mesmer's phantasm ambush is about 20-30k in 0.001ms from stealth. Its a lot worse and nobody complain about it. Im pretty sure that next time theyll nerf warrior (again) because some ranger facetank war with longbow auto attack and fail so war is OP. i know its off topic.

Deadeye need nerf for invisibility and mobility. In spvp when ppl fighting they are not usually at full hp so deadeye opening is still one shot... mosty

And they cannot be catch due to super high mobility and invis. I can tell from perspective of warrior with all dash -GS charges -dagger dashes -bull charge -perma swiftness -magebane tether... no way its just waste of time... i usually just hide behind pillar and holding point or they just kill them self with reflect.. at least this is fun but it wont work for experienced ones.

Deadeyes are so annoying and i hate them so mutch that i wanted to kill one from new living world episode...

! ysm0cB3.jpgAnHtKXd.jpg1z86v33.jpg

It seems most people are annoyed by a combination of Deadeye's ability to:

• Permastealth
  • Deal high burst AND high dps (single target) from range
  • Remove revealed
  • "One-shot" you with a 1500 range unblockable attack

Sure, these things are oppressive against certain opponents. Some classes just completely lack the ability to tailor a build specifically to fight DE too. Does DE need to be nerfed? Sure, however, I think people are calling for the wrong nerfs.

IMO, the appropriate nerfs would aim to limit stealth access granted by the DE elite spec. I'd venture that silent scope's stealth duration should be lowered from 3s to 1.5s, + have an icd added, and also change that only Shadow Meld's final charge can remove the Revealed debuff.

IMO, a deadeye should not be able to achieve permastealth without taking shadow arts AND shadow refuge as a utility. I'm not sure what total nerfs would be necessary to achieve this but I think a nerf to silent scope would be a good start.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

It gets top PvE with dual daggers, not rifle. You clearly don't really know high level PvE well.

....you really have no place in this discussions, we are talking about deadeye rifle, not daggers.....also, i do high end PvE all the time with reaper, know your ppl before you judge.

Archived