Now that we have time bubbles in lore...... — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home ArenaNet Forum Chats Sep: LWS4 Ep 4, Raid, & more!

Now that we have time bubbles in lore......

What if we got some of the content from living world season 1 back into the world, each in their own kind of mists-rift-fractal-time-bubble-thingy, like with the stuff happening in Jahai?
As someone who only started playing when HoT was released, i would absolutely LOVE to see temporary events like the Twisted Marionette return as maybe a time rift that opens up every few hours,

Comments

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thats what im hoping on aswell. I would love to see that world boss somewhere again in some way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

• draxynnic.3719draxynnic.3719 Member ✭✭✭✭

That does make for an interesting possibility. A lot of those things I was glad wasn't permanent at the time, so I'd probably prefer if they weren't made permanent now either, but they could make great fodder for special event week(end)s and the like.

(If the Marionette does return, for instance, I really hope it doesn't come back with the 'kill everyone in Lornar's Pass if the event fails' mechanic. Somebody map-completing on the other side of the map shouldn't have to put up with that.)

• @draxynnic.3719 said:
    That does make for an interesting possibility. A lot of those things I was glad wasn't permanent at the time, so I'd probably prefer if they weren't made permanent now either, but they could make great fodder for special event week(end)s and the like.

(If the Marionette does return, for instance, I really hope it doesn't come back with the 'kill everyone in Lornar's Pass if the event fails' mechanic. Somebody map-completing on the other side of the map shouldn't have to put up with that.)

oh lord it did that? thats why i think having the events contained to the time rift bubbles would be a good way to contain them, that way the maps stay the way they are most of the time, but every once in a while a rift opens up, a small area gets thrown back in time, the meta happens inside the bubble, and the bubble goes away again
    so they wouldnt need to permanently alter the maps to incorporate lw1 content, just periodically throw back part of it

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lord Dumpling.7914 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

oh lord it did that? thats why i think having the events contained to the time rift bubbles would be a good way to contain them, that way the maps stay the way they are most of the time, but every once in a while a rift opens up, a small area gets thrown back in time, the meta happens inside the bubble, and the bubble goes away again
    so they wouldnt need to permanently alter the maps to incorporate lw1 content, just periodically throw back part of it

The fight can also easily return in one of the upcoming maps. Just put a "bubble" in one of the corners in the map, and litteraly copy-paste the part of lornars pass there. Every 2 hours, a marionette could easily drop down in that area.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

wasn't the issue with bringing old content back that the code wouldn't work and they'd have to rebuild it from scratch

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• @draxynnic.3719 said:

You could keep the kill mechanic but limit to within the displacement area. Especially if the is a hint it might fail you might see players turning and running to exit the displacement field wall to avoid being killed