What are some good duos for the current meta?

Nedrapter.9752

I'm a necro that is borderline platinum-gold 3 most of the time. I play both scourge and reaper despite everyone telling me that reaper is better now.What class/build should I be looking for to duo with? (and why?, i'm curious always to know the reasoning).I don't think I'll be reaching soon to the rank where duo is not allowed , so that's not an issue for me.I've searched for similar threads but only found older ones and I'm looking for some fresh/updated opinions.

The natural pick for reaper / Scourge is a Firebrand support. You have enough damage to carry teamfights, having a support to keep you alive secures most fights.

If you run a more bunker version of the classes ie blood, with paladin amulet on reaper. Having something like a mesmer to + you may yield better results.

@Nedrapter.9752 said:For the Blood Magic scourge yes I see the point. Although I use Sage's not Paladins. For the Reaper I use Paladin's and Marauder occasionally. Does the reaper amulet change justify the change from Firebrand to Mesmer as best partner?

Mesmers actually works really good with 1v1 reapers. They bring you mobility with portal, they beat rangers and DE's 1v1 (which is what you struggle with). You beat core guards, which is what he struggles with. You're both very high damage builds and should always be able to force decaps.

That being said, having someone you have synergy with trumps what class they are playing. This is all highly subjective.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Nedrapter.9752 said:For the Blood Magic scourge yes I see the point. Although I use Sage's not Paladins. For the Reaper I use Paladin's and Marauder occasionally. Does the reaper amulet change justify the change from Firebrand to Mesmer as best partner?

Mesmers actually works really good with 1v1 reapers. They bring you mobility with portal, they beat rangers and DE's 1v1 (which is what you struggle with). You beat core guards, which is what he struggles with. You're both very high damage builds and should always be able to force decaps.

That being said, having someone you have synergy with trumps what class they are playing. This is all highly subjective.

boon spam soulbeast actually counter power mesmer due the high source of stability

@Hylo.1968 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

boon spam soulbeast actually counter power mesmer due the high source of stability

I'm obviously talking about the meta mesmer build. Or the staff sage variant that has been plaguing EU for the past weeks.

Deadeye+side node holder/1vX'er.

I've been using Ele because it's what I like playing but Warrior, etc. would obviously be better. Simple setup, Deadeye goes mid and keeps the enemy on resurrect with their shitty, OP, gimmicky one-shots and player #2 ensures that you have at least one side node capped. As long as you have anything else mid to draw "aggro," the deadeye can pew-pew unabated or occasionally leave to decap far.

Holo/sd thief, Holo/mes, Holo/holo, reaper/fb, anything that rotates easily and/or wins teamfights. To carry games u need to stagger spawn and keep at least 1 point capped the whole time.

Easy ways to do this is stealth, ports, cc, and burst. Being able to cleave downs is also extremely important. Denying res is Paramount to winning engagements against enemy fb/blood necro.

If u have a good strength warrior or soulbeast on ur duo, play a strong +1, like rev.

Archived