No downed WvW... Permanently

anduriell.6280

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Israel.7056 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Please don't make these kinds of polls. They are just going to be skewed. Beyond the fact that one shot is a rampant thing and wvw is dependent on incomming new players to stay afloat.

Way more trash than treasure on this forum no downed isn't ever going to win a straw poll here be serious.

Erm that is kind of what I'm saying. However, it could easily go DBL Poll and leave a large chunk of the community upset. Removal of downed state, no matter how attractive, will just polarize the community more with bunkers and glass cannons and little in between. Nothing good can really come from this type of poll, anet official or not.

As much as I enjoyed the no downed state event, a better plan than no downed permanantly would be a form of res sickness IMO (Like all skills on 10s CD when ressed but you can still dodge or something like that, to force people to continue to defend the guy that just got up), combined with a reduction in the number of times you can rally/be ressed before you instadie (say third time in 2 mins insta kills you). The earlier comment about not discouraging new players is a thing to consider, and while the game shouldn't hold people's hands as much as it currently does there should be some opportunity for team play around downed players as well.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Please don't make these kinds of polls. They are just going to be skewed. Beyond the fact that one shot is a rampant thing and wvw is dependent on incomming new players to stay afloat.

Way more trash than treasure on this forum no downed isn't ever going to win a straw poll here be serious.

Erm that is kind of what I'm saying. However, it could easily go DBL Poll and leave a large chunk of the community upset. Removal of downed state, no matter how attractive, will just polarize the community more with bunkers and glass cannons and little in between. Nothing good can really come from this type of poll, anet official or not.

The vets are always disappointed with this game and its community nothing new there. Game coddles bad players it is what it is.

@Justine.6351 said:

Erm that is kind of what I'm saying. However, it could easily go DBL Poll and leave a large chunk of the community upset. Removal of downed state, no matter how attractive, will just polarize the community more with bunkers and glass cannons and little in between. Nothing good can really come from this type of poll, anet official or not.Right now the gamemode is bunkers and glasscanons, you can see that simply for the amount of threads talking about one shot builds. Bunkers firebrands and spellbreakers and glass canons weavers and scourges.Removing downed state would be good because full glass canons scourges and eles would shift to put some armor on it. You see there are only good things coming from no downstate in wvw.

The server i'm in has a healthy amount of newcomers and a decent amount of pugmanders. I don't know what you complain about Justine.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Erm that is kind of what I'm saying. However, it could easily go DBL Poll and leave a large chunk of the community upset. Removal of downed state, no matter how attractive, will just polarize the community more with bunkers and glass cannons and little in between. Nothing good can really come from this type of poll, anet official or not.Right now the gamemode is bunkers and glasscanons, you can see that simply for the amount of threads talking about one shot builds. Bunkers firebrands and spellbreakers and glass canons weavers and scourges.Removing downed state would be good because full glass canons scourges and eles would shift to put some armor on it. You see there are only good things coming from no downstate in wvw.

The server i'm in has a healthy amount of newcomers and a decent amount of pugmanders. I don't know what you complain about Justine.

Lol? So yes those "full glass cannons scourges" would bunker up,

And yes those new players would bunker up, go super stealth glass cannons or quit completely.

@"Justine.6351" said:Lol? So yes those "full glass cannons scourges" would bunker up,

And yes those new players would bunker up, go super stealth glass cannons or quit completely.yes pleaze tell me more about you can see the future and what every single player will decide...

I say they'll go with their guild and follow their guild lead orgo to metabattle and use the op build of the season. Either way i foresee they will have a blast. Prove me wrong.

Let me explain my position on protecting new players,

The other night myself and a power reaper were loling as we kept wiping 4 super low rank players. After a couple hours someone from the enemy side whsipered me and said "congrats you just drove those new players into quiting". We weren't even BMing them.

It is too important for this game modes survivability to protect it's newcomers at a basic level. Get them hooked and then maybe think about removing the training wheels, aka downed state, with a rank based taper trim of downed state.

Still though, I don't want to see WvW become more bunker/glass cannons polarized than it is already.

@"Justine.6351" said:Let me explain my position on protecting new players,

The other night myself and a power reaper were loling as we kept wiping 4 super low rank players. After a couple hours someone from the enemy side whsipered me and said "congrats you just drove those new players into quiting". We weren't even BMing them.

It is too important for this game modes survivability to protect it's newcomers at a basic level. Get them hooked and then maybe think about removing the training wheels, aka downed state, with a rank based taper trim of downed state.

Still though, I don't want to see WvW become more bunker/glass cannons polarized than it is already.

ok so you are telling me you were bulling some newcomers. That's entirely on your character and not in the game mechanics whatever those are.

Now please explain to me how no having downed state would have changed that outcome. But maybe the agony of being downed watching your teammates being harassed by a rev and reaper with +6k wvw rank wihout the possibility of doing anything was the limit. And also watching the trollish finishers

I think no downed in the picture you draw would have been better for them. Maybe they wouldn't have quit but moved on instead if they would have to respawn as soon as defeated.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Lol? So yes those "full glass cannons scourges" would bunker up,

And yes those new players would bunker up, go super stealth glass cannons or quit completely.yes pleaze tell me more about you can see the future and what every single player will decide...

I say they'll go with their guild and follow their guild lead orgo to metabattle and use the op build of the season. Either way i foresee they will have a blast. Prove me wrong.

I've been roaming for 6 years. Learning people and how they respond to my presence on the map gives me the foresight to see many things.

Generally people play what they find fun and generally what people find fun in gaming is living or killing. Polarizing their choices polarizes their choice of build.

@Chaba.5410 said:

Polls are trash.

Depends on how they're structured this one seems pretty simple to me.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Let me explain my position on protecting new players,

ok so you are telling me you were bulling some newcomers. That's entirely on your character and not in the game mechanics whatever those are.

Now please explain to me how no having downed state would have changed that outcome. But maybe the agony of being downed watching your teammates being harassed by a rev and reaper with +6k wvw rank wihout the possibility of doing anything was the limit. And also watching the trollish finishers

I think no downed in the picture you draw would have been better for them. Maybe they wouldn't have quit but moved on instead if they would have to respawn as soon as defeated.

Yes killing players 2v4 is bullying them... Idk why I try to explain anything to YOU for like the past 4 years on these forums.

@Israel.7056 said:

The vets are always disappointed with this game and its community nothing new there. Game coddles bad players it is what it is.

Of course it coddles bad players (though given it is a casual themepark MMORPG I am not sure why anyone would expect different), which is exactly why the vet players that remain, are still playing the excuse for "PvP" that is WvW , because they are bad.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Weren't there some polls already? Also...why did you have to insert opinions into the answer? I would prefer no-rally, so at least new players don't have a jarring experience when they suddenly die.

D:

He did so, so he could attempt to skewer the results in favor of what he wants.

I get that, but it was literally the easiest thing to design. Yes, no, other. Wow! Which is why I can't take this seriously.

D:

@Sylosi.6503 said:

Of course it coddles bad players (though given it is a casual themepark MMORPG I am not sure why anyone would expect different), which is exactly why the vet players that remain, are still playing the excuse for "PvP" that is WvW , because they are bad.

Well it's either eso bdo or this game for rvr so....

Archived