Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool

Is there any way to disable the sound effect from this? I could not wait spend 1000 gems on this sweet pup, but little did I know that my character would make so much kitten-ing noise every time I used it. I went into options and found the Item chatter disable tic box, and the player chatter disable tick box and the unique item sounds box, and ticced ALL the boxes.Two nights ago t his worked. THen we had an update and it no longer works and my character is back to "Ahh! Ahh-Ahh!"-ing away....incessantly. At 1000 gem loss i'm kinda peeved that I need to switch skins on this tool that also comes with that nifty glyph of scavenging.

Am I missing something in options? Is this a bug that will eventually be fixed? I did report it.

It's not a bug. It's literally a feature of the harvesting skin. Your character is using the /beckon emote, and therefore using those same voice quips. Unfortunately ANet decided to tie emote volume with effects, meaning that in order to mute the /beckon sound, you'd have to turn off all other effect sounds, including skill effects.

Archived