Roleplay in sPvP

Dharma.9123

@Dharma.9123 said:Hey!Question is.Is legal to roleplay in pvp?For example, if I playing charr (Flame legion soldier) , can I fight only humans and revenge for the conquest of Askalon?

Ty!

Can i roleplay as a ascolonian decendant and avenge my ancestors and kill every charr from child to grown up? The fact that my ancestors are still fighting the charr as ghost and me unable to help them hurts my soul. I really hate the charr from there toon design down to there history. I would LOVE to fight for old ascalon and recapture the lands that was lost befor Pre-Searing charr destrution.

This is something I'm interested about, i'm learning to RP and I had the concept that i'd like to RP in sPvP matches. But first be mindful of etiquettes. If you'll roleplay, do in in premade matches so you wont "ruin" someone's games if youre not capable of typing in the middle of the action, second, if you're going to RP openly on map chat, be respectful towards your rivals, even in RPing there must be good sportmanship, let them know you're going to RP.

Personally I would only do it with people I know, and only in private (party chat), its nice to share the fun on map chat but stop when someone starts getting annoyed (or block them!).

Regards.

You can RP all the time in PvP althoooough I do it via builds or names, red is still dead to me...

EG: Burn support heal Firebrand is called The ARCH Angel, then I got Definetaly not Udyr the stance Ranger with a Brown Bear called Tibbers, Sephiroth Cosplay guardian with a Burning build, Illusionary duelist which is set up as identical Mesmer triplets within a few of us that PvP in the guild and so on... You can have fun with the ".... is on a rampage" across the screen if you get creative with names or get silly with names like "Ice Bank Mice Elf" and ask people to say it out loud.

@"Dharma.9123" said:Is legal to roleplay in pvp?

You actually can do whatever you want so long as the game lets you, and it doesn't go against the ToS.

That said, you'll probably make some people very angry at you, and you wont get very far.I would suggest you chill in Arena, Duel rooms, and Unranked.

If you get schadenfreude from ruining ranked games by "playing the way you want to", I think you'd have to find out from A-net if such a thing qualified as match manipulation. We as the players can speculate, but can't say for certain.

You could always do it until A-net takes action, that's a reliable way to get clear confirmation of their stance.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Turn on standard enemy models and they'll ALL look like Humans from Ascalon!

It would'nt work. Cuz if he is a good role player, he knows it's all in his mind & that some Charr are hiding among the humans.Just something i had to add to make you go insane.. :P

This is actually happening to the ascalonian ghosts, they see everyone as charr. :tongue:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Turn on standard enemy models and they'll ALL look like Humans from Ascalon!

It would'nt work. Cuz if he is a good role player, he knows it's all in his mind & that some Charr are hiding among the humans.Just something i had to add to make you go insane.. :P

Nah... The ascalonians must die. Destroy them all! How dare they take our land!

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

Nah... The ascalonians must die. Destroy them all! How dare they take our land!

Death to all charrs!!! Annihilate them .... Leave no stones unturned... And kill all male asuras... ;) :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived