Elixir S is the biggest crutch in the game

Ovark.2514

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Elixer S is one of the most nonexistent problems of Holosmith and nowhere near as big of a crutch as skills that both invuln and allow full access to the rest of their kit. The number of things a engie can do while shrunk is so limited you can just wait it out then burst them when it ends.

I have trouble believing you have logged into the game since PoF launched.

@Ovark.2514 said:Elixir S has always been in the meta but only after holo came into the game and they changed it so you can start stomping mid elixir S has it become too obvious to ignore.

You were always able to stomp mid elixir S. Seriously.

In fact, not long after launch, you could still use your utility skills while Elixir S was active. They removed that functionality. Other than that change, the skill has been virtually untouched for... 5 years now? If it's suddenly OP now, the problem isn't Elixir S, or even Holosmith. It may be.... dun dun dun.... you(r skill).

He's complaining about stomping specifically and I do have to say, Elixir S is too powerful in stomping/reviving situations. The Engi starts stomp/revive, gets cleaved, goes into Elixir S, now he can't be damaged or even CC'd out of the stomp/revive. <- It's too much.

Elixir S should be changed so that the Engi can be CC'd while in Elixir S, problem solved.

Elixir S has been meta for most engineers even before Holosmith. It was used by many engineers, even though personally I prefer Backpack Regenerator over Elixir S. It is to a certain degree a crutch skill whether it's the passive proc or the utility skill, both of which have long cooldowns, but only when it comes to stomping and reviving. That engineer is wasting a stun breaker to rally an ally and therefore makes them vulnerable to CC.

Ever tried kiting engineers who use Toss Elixir S? Wasting their stealth from is great to not get CCed to death or when they use Elixir S you have 3 and a half seconds to heal yourself which is something they can't do. Forcing them to use Elixir S makes them vulnerable for a very long time especially in team fights.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:Elixir S has always been in the meta but only after holo came into the game and they changed it so you can start stomping mid elixir S has it become too obvious to ignore.

In fact, not long after launch, you could still use your utility skills while Elixir S was active. They removed that functionality. Other than that change, the skill has been virtually untouched for... 5 years now? If it's suddenly OP now, the problem isn't Elixir S, or even Holosmith. It may be.... dun dun dun.... you(r skill).

Uuuuhm it has been buffed significantly since you don't take condi damage anymore while using Elixir S.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

Uuuuhm it has been buffed significantly since you don't take condi damage anymore while using Elixir S.

You still take damage if you have plenty of conditions on you while using Elixir S.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:Elixir S has always been in the meta but only after holo came into the game and they changed it so you can start stomping mid elixir S has it become too obvious to ignore.

You still take damage if you have plenty of conditions on you while using Elixir S.

["Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."](http://dulfy.net/2018/07/10/gw2-july-10-game-update-patch-notes/ ""Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."")

@Hoodie.1045 said:

No you don't... But back to topic: Holo is broken in general not only this skill but before u guys start raging at me, so is every meta build.... Will we ever see good balance again ? No

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Personally I think Elixir S utility itself just need the same treatment as warrior stances. Half the duration and half the CD so it still leaves room for smart use but won't give too much reset potential/space for other skills on CD.

no the passive proc just needs half duration, not half cd. Just like what they did with warrior and ranger passives. CD is 90 sec already, but the durations needs to be 1.5/2 sec only

@Ferus.3165 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Personally I think Elixir S utility itself just need the same treatment as warrior stances. Half the duration and half the CD so it still leaves room for smart use but won't give too much reset potential/space for other skills on CD.

no the passive proc just needs half duration, not half cd. Just like what they did with warrior and ranger passives. CD is 90 sec already, but the durations needs to be 1.5/2 sec only

Both of those other skills don't limit the use of your entire skillset.

@Airdive.2613 said:

Neither does any of them negate condition damage. I guess it evens out.

Elixir S isn't a problem because you can't use your skills during it. Since the buff it's no longer a death sentence against find I builds, that's all. It's not that hard to wait it out. Sure you can stomp while using it and not get cleaved or CC'd, but it's not like that's unique or unachievable in other ways.

If you want to complain about something try checking out mirage cloak with its passive.

Elixir S isn't a problem because you can't use your skills during it. Since the buff it's no longer a death sentence against condi builds, that's all. It's not that hard to wait it out. Sure you can stomp while using it and not get cleaved or CC'd, but it's not like that's unique or unachievable in other ways.

If you want to complain about something try checking out mirage cloak with its passive.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:He's complaining about stomping specifically and I do have to say, Elixir S is too powerful in stomping/reviving situations. The Engi starts stomp/revive, gets cleaved, goes into Elixir S, now he can't be damaged or even CC'd out of the stomp/revive. <- It's too much.

Elixir S should be changed so that the Engi can be CC'd while in Elixir S, problem solved.

Why he doesn't complain of thief Invis Stomp/Rev then?

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Nor do they prevent capture contribution.

@Airdive.2613 said:

Neither does any of them grand you cc immunity

@Airdive.2613 said:

This trait is a straight better invulnerable than the guard elite, renewed focus. This being a trait, with less cd and being a non-channeled skill. Meaning you can interact while it happens. It's also in a highly used trait line.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:He's complaining about stomping specifically and I do have to say, Elixir S is too powerful in stomping/reviving situations. The Engi starts stomp/revive, gets cleaved, goes into Elixir S, now he can't be damaged or even CC'd out of the stomp/revive. <- It's too much.

Lots of other classes have skills that make their stomps powerful -- dragonhunter shield of courage, daredevil impact strike, ele mist form, mirage dodge, mesmer distort, warrior rampage, all the reflect walls from guardian, stability, AoE blinds, thief shadowstep finishes, etc. There are many safe ways to stomp. Elixir S makes it so that cleave is ineffective, but that's not unique to Elixir S either.

That's the thing -- there's an odd fixation in this community on Elixir S, when many other classes also have skills or abilities that are "safe stomp" skills.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

I said the skill itself has not been changed -- the change to invuln was a slight change that affected all temp invuln skills. Condi isn't particularly present in the current meta anyway, so your point is kind of moot.

This trait is a straight better invulnerable than the guard elite, renewed focus. This being a trait, with less cd and being a non-channeled skill. Meaning you can interact while it happens. It's also in a highly used trait line.

Well, personally, I wouldn't pick renewed focus for its invulnerability. I see its channeled-invulnerability as a drawback to healing and virtue recharge that it can actually give.But even if the engineer's trait is better in a vacuum, so what? Guardian's kit on the whole is by no means weak, and there's no rule saying the elite skill should be better than any other skill in the game.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:He's complaining about stomping specifically and I do have to say, Elixir S is too powerful in stomping/reviving situations. The Engi starts stomp/revive, gets cleaved, goes into Elixir S, now he can't be damaged or even CC'd out of the stomp/revive. <- It's too much.

The thing is most classes have something similar to cheese a stomp. Invuln stomp, stability stomp, stealth stomp, mad cleave. Every class has one of these.

Everyone keeps comparing other skills to Elixir S, as if other skills were granting the full effects of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability while still allowing the player to take revive/stomping actions.

Seriously boys, Elixir S was once balanced in the Engi/Scrapper days, but it is a bit too much now in the Holosmith days. Not a lot, just a bit.

Archived