Things I would like to see on WvW

Menzo.2185

• I would like to see all siege weapons with the name of who put them.
  • I would like to see ALL team players on minimap. Not only the nearest ones.
  • Commanders Tags should not be purchased, only achievable by the guilds. 1 tag for each level from the guild after some level. The guild should determine who has rank to use this.
  • I would like you to fix the problem of the late "swords" appearing and the disappearance of them before the claim.
  • Mounts in the WvW. Glide still. Love to see "cavalry" add to the game.
  • One NEW map. Alpine BL, Desert BL and a new one to the other BL. Eternal Battleground and Edge of the Mists still.
  • More camps, towers and shrines to the Alpine and Desert BL.
  • The Bloodstone Fen glider combat skills (system) inserted on WvW
  • If I am representing my guild, which is on another server, if there is no queue, I should be able to play with them WITHOUT needing to transfer my account to their server.

Give your suggestion below and understand that this is just my opinion.*sorry my google translation english

Adding all team members visible on the map would make the already annoying spy problem a little more obnoxious. Lets keep it local like it currently is to minimize that. Please no combat gliding, it should stay as a movement-only tool.

I do agree that a third unique map would be really nice to round out the borderlands, though!

Most of the changes I wanted during HoT came true so its hopefully for the wvw changes during the PoF age. Putting an ownership tag on siege could add more clutter to wvw. A rank up system for commander tag would be nice but it could exclude some newer commanders or pug commanders from having players join up with them. I see mounts as a win more mechanic, that would enable the bigger server to completely dominate the map. More wvw masteries would be fine but they would have to take into consideration that 10% of wvw would be able to instant get those masteries. Being able to represent multiple server is not ok. Server identity is important and being able to guest on a wvw server would create a huge balance issue in wvw. Server would have random large guild pop up just to dominate a map.

Wvw still has some balance issues with roaming builds, so I want some wvw balance updates. More small scale objectives around the map would be good. Like a briber node that enables all sentries to instantly report enemy positions near them for that server or report enemy locations near any sentry/spy balloon when you are outmanned. They could add a tower to the bloodlust nodes that flips when you have a majority of the nodes but does not add any extra warscore just the buff and maybe a special vendor that sell bloodlust foods. Foods that give special double edged buffs: increase stomp points by 1 gain a buff increase wxp gained by 10% but decreases all stats by 5% for every stomp this buff is removed once when you are downed.

WEll there is so many things I would like to see , firstly a decrease in aoe range getting slaughtered form 1200 ,condi needs to be sorted , lets just say if you have a massive map blob siege allowance should be adjusted accordingly , I mean is a blob that bad they need to fill objective with siege , and closing of waypoints because a tapper runs past , waypoints should only close if actual siege has been placed and touched the structure, and with all the condition well make siege range more so you can fire from a safer position and more powerful hard to defend against an omniblob and they throw condi all over the wall you insta die when your showing outnumbered lets make wvw a more competitive environment ,reward defenders it isn't all about the fight (insert negative comments here ) some of us are not as skilled as the elitist guilds ,some of us are the dreaded pugs

Wow, is it christmas ?

Dear Santa,I've been a good boy this year, I've made my homeworks, I ate my vegetables and I didn't make mummy mad.

So as a big boy, I should be rewarded.

All I ask is some changes for the conditions in WvW, which are actually, too stronk. Yes Santa, if you think about it, things that last forever when you lag, that can melt your life in 2 seconds cause unlimited stacks, or that can kill you when you use an immunity skill makes it so damn stronk. Plus you just need condition damage while power always goes with precision and ferocity. Condition damage is all about toughness and vitality, it's unfaaaaiiir.

Please Ane... I mean Santa, I'm a good boy. I won't complain about the next elite specs being too op if the Weaver is still a PvP condi class and useless in WvW, I'll play Tempest till the next expansion. Please please.

what i want to see in general for the game is the option to change the color of the boons, when i was raiding as guardian it used to cost me a lot to check if my party had stability or not, if only i had the option to change the stability buff to another bright color like red it would be so much easier to see if i have to break stun my party in case of a stripped boon.

@Vavume.8065 said:

• I would like to see a Dev in WvW so I can kill him/her.

Haha I still haven't got that hidden achievement yet. :( They always seem to make it safely back into their zerg.

To OP's points:

• Names on siege weapons would be nice, I would hope players don't rouse too much at 'bad' siege placement but rather utilise it as a tool to know who's actually siege trolling/spamming inappropriately
  • I disagree with ALL team players showing up on map - this only strengthens/makes it easier for spies at spawn
  • I disagree with locking commander tags behind guild content and would rather see it as something you must earn be it time invested, ranks, new achievements or feats you've done in battle against other players
  • I think the late swords after capping (especially when no enemies are around) is unintended and annoying, modest point
  • Mounts are a double edged sword, in terms of negatives it could be viewed as battles seeming more drawn out due to respawns rushing back so quickly - do you support that notion?
  • I would love to see a new WvW BL map introduced, as long as it proves all objectives are strategic and well thought-out
  • I think it would be interesting to have shrines added to Alpine BL's more 'deserted' areas of the map - specifically NE centaur area parallel to NW skritt mountain area. It would give more incentive to visit those places of the map for content/objectives.
  • BSF glider skills would be interesting but I'd imagine #5 to be frustrating for attackers trying to lob enemies from their glider due to it providing stability
  • Your last point is shared by many who are stuck on other servers.. I think it would be a nice addition but I'd imagine limitations would need to be in place so as not to make it too conflicting with natives on that particular server who might want to play but are suddenly hit with a Q themselves.

A lot of your suggestions have been voiced before and I agree with a few. Thanks for sharing.

@danserafim.7051 said:

• I would like to see all siege weapons with the name of who put them.
  • I would like to see ALL team players on minimap. Not only the nearest ones.
  • Commanders Tags should not be purchased, only achievable by the guilds. 1 tag for each level from the guild after some level. The guild should determine who has rank to use this.
  • I would like you to fix the problem of the late "swords" appearing and the disappearance of them before the claim.
  • Mounts in the WvW. Glide still. Love to see "cavalry" add to the game.
  • One NEW map. Alpine BL, Desert BL and a new one to the other BL. Eternal Battleground and Edge of the Mists still.
  • More camps, towers and shrines to the Alpine and Desert BL.
  • The Bloodstone Fen glider combat skills (system) inserted on WvW
  • If I am representing my guild, which is on another server, if there is no queue, I should be able to play with them WITHOUT needing to transfer my account to their server.

Give your suggestion below and understand that this is just my opinion.*sorry my google translation english

Op:1) Names on siege - while I see how this would help identify troll siege layers it also creates a hostile WvW environment. As anyone knows sometimes siege placement is subjective I.e one person thinks this is a good spot another not so much. Grief follows. So not a good idea. In addition as someone else mentioned this also creates potential lag issues.2) All team players - lag issues again3) I paid a fortune for my tag and have had it since year 1 of the game are you going to tell Anet to refund me my money? In addition, I know a number of people have tags that they never use. If you want a tag then pay for it like everyone else. Anet needs to make money, I don't begrudge them making money they offer a highly impressive game at a low cost to the consumer. What happens when a person leaves a guild (assuming they implemented your plan)? Do they lose the tag? what if they have another guild (we are allowed, 5 guilds)?4) "Late" swords was an add on after the launch of the game. Originally, we knew immediately when an objective was hit and swords remained for 30 secs (i think) from the last hit. then as a WvW update (from forum warriors who whined and complained), we lost instant swords to a 30 sec delay along with rallying the Lord and a number of other things that use to make for some pretty epic fights.5) I figure someday mounts will be added as people asked for and got gliding. I'd rather see some aerial skills added to the gliding in WvW like special skills for aerial combat.6) Agree we should have a third map as long as we have the desert map may as well have 3 unique maps but be careful what you wish for people whined and complained for new maps and Anet gave them one they hated it, it took them a long time to rework the desert map and make it better and there are still people who hate it.7) More camps tower etc would clog the flow of the maps. As it is the current camp, tower keep ratio works why mess with something that works there are far more things to worry about.8) Nope, if you want to play with your guild then you should be on the server they play on. WvW servers have worked hard and gone through lots of drama to get communities where they are. 5 years to be exact and it would be a horrible thing to destroy the communties that make each server its own special place.

That's my opinion but you know what they say about opinions right?

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:I'd like to be able to set the nametag color for my party members. Sometimes in a fight it is too hard to find their blue nametag amongst all the green ones.Excellent suggestion. in zerg fight it is important to stay close to the own subgroup to share boons properly. this is currently hard to follow.

@danserafim.7051 said:

• I would like to see ALL team players on minimap. Not only the nearest ones.As said by others, only make spying for easier, doesn't really help other people since map awareness can give you where people do.

• Commanders Tags should not be purchased, only achievable by the guilds. 1 tag for each level from the guild after some level. The guild should determine who has rank to use this.No, I want to be able to tag even if i'm not in a wvw guild.

• I would like you to fix the problem of the late "swords" appearing and the disappearance of them before the claim.The 30s latence between contest and sword spawn is intended and should stay because it promotes scouting.

• Mounts in the WvW. Glide still. Love to see "cavalry" add to the game.Freaking never it will ruin the map design like gliding ruined a lot of core tyria jumping.

• More camps, towers and shrines to the Alpine and Desert BL.Why ? Alpine is already pretty small.

• The Bloodstone Fen glider combat skills (system) inserted on WvWGliding should stay to movement. I don't want to think about a zerg gliding from a wall and everyone using 2 & 3 on the enemy zerg before engaging.

• If I am representing my guild, which is on another server, if there is no queue, I should be able to play with them WITHOUT needing to transfer my account to their server.That defeats the whole point of linkings, server locking, transfert. If you come by 7:00pm and there is q at 7:30pm are you kicked ? If not, you are taking a spot from a legitimate player, it yes, it's pretty useless since most guilds run at/near primetime when there is queue. There is also the problem of mercenaries and the ez bandwagoning.

Here are mine (ppt/siege/roaming focused) ?

• Put more incentive (maybe lesser skirmish chest or reward track potions for pve boy that want an easier GoB ?) to do the OS jumping. I remember the fighting and the chaos there at start it was awesome.
  • Make OS like EotM so you can GvG/Duel nearly anyone and the arena has better chance not to be empty (disable any reward apart end chest and ori node to prevent kill trading and make it not count in the kdr from the Overview panel).
  • Make a circle like the range indicator for DE for effect like Watchtower or sentry and reduce some Watchtower (NW tower is the biggest offender imho) to improve counter play.
  • Revamp/balance some tactics so they aren't useless (like the armored dolyak one) so we can have some thinking behind.
  • Log who use the tactics and allow blacklist (on guild scale : like if guild X has to claimed a tower the blacklist of that guild is applied on the tower) to avoid known troll players.
  • Put an instanced zone (with party prompt & disable all rewards) with an empty BL or at least a part so people can train with weapon siege and navigate in the map (especially Desert BL). If I want to make some training for people about how to correctly siege or testing new things it's hard to do because you can't to that during or around prime, may not have that objective t3 (i.e. to show mortar orientation) or have to defend it against heavy focus which gives no time for teaching. There is a lot in WvW that is player-teached and we got no proper tools to do that.
  • Nerf/remove Shield Generator and lower siege stacking (5 superior cata or ram protected by 3+ siege generator is just braindead and doesn't promote smart/long siege placement)
  • Give player a warning when their anti-supply/anti-steath trap has been triggered so you know that you need to refresh it AND that someone got hit so you can go defend/scout there (promote scouting) and give them wxp + participation reward on the trigger
  • Remove the marking on objective cap on Alpine (it's fine on Desert because it's really easy to hide but the objectives are way to small on Alpine)
  • Make the medkit on sentry able to give perma swiftness with AoE target (like lunar impact) instead of the stimulant drop which is akward to use.
  • Give the blinding field of veteran scout an AoE indicator
  • Lower the movement speed bonus on Desert shrine, if people want to roam they have to build for mobility or be slow.

@Dusty Moon.4382 said:My wish list.

1. Limit Arrow carts or remove them.
  2. AoE circles cannot overlap each other
  3. Get rid of shield generators
  4. Get rid of gliding

This will ensure a more competitive WvW.

1. I'd rather see a sieged up T1 tower than let BG or JQ map blobs ktrain their way through every map.
  2. And what would you nerf from the melee classes?
  3. Shield generators, like all other siege, tends to favor the side that's better organized.
  4. I'm curious, exactly how does gliding makes WvW uncompetitive?

Archived