How do you fight this mirage build?

Sleepwalker.1398

I'm running this; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4an0MBNOhlOB+OBUGjFiCbLLNaCA8fySZrkrCkAmAA

SA makes you all but immune to condis if you're careful and if you make sure you only engage when you're on high health. A 1 malice backstab is unlikely to kill these guys because of the extra vit from cele gear, so use spotter's shot at max range to build malice. Only the first shot will hit vs a good mirage before they start evading and they will close the gap pretty much straight after, so expect them to port onto you and don't risk staying out of stealth for extra damage. By the time you've got max malice, most will be getting cocky and waiting for the next rifle attack, so shadowstep behind them and one shot them with a malicious backstab and shadow meld for a fast stomp. Be patient and wait for the right moment; the advantage here is yours, so don't rush it if they're making themselves a hard target, wait til they get cocky or complacent and stop watching for you. If they try to use terrain to LoS then that's your best opportunity for a backstab, as they limit their own movement then. This happens a lot in outnumbered situations where your marked target will LoS and the others will chase aggressively, use the behavior to your advantage. If you need to use death's judgement to finish it, shadowstep behind them before you do it. The flight time of the bullet takes more time than the cast time, so if you're close to them from behind the chances of them reacting in time is reduced. The backstab is the safer option if you can land it tho.

Hope that helps! :)

you don't fight them, you run away; if everyone employs this strategy mirage players will be forced to switch class out of boredom.On a serious note a condition build is your best option as mesmer is vulnerable to condition pressure so condi daredevil. Side note rifle is terrible against them since they can easily go ooc and trait for evasive mirror and then you are screwed.

@foste.3098 said:you don't fight them, you run away; if everyone employs this strategy mirage players will be forced to switch class out of boredom.On a serious note a condition build is your best option as mesmer is vulnerable to condition pressure so condi daredevil. Side note rifle is terrible against them since they can easily go ooc and trait for evasive mirror and then you are screwed.

I know rifle is bad vs mirage, it's actually why I advocate using it only to build malice like I described. I don't expect to kill a mirage with rifle outside a lucky DJ, but if they think they're safe from your rifle attacks they often get cocky which makes landing the backstab easier.

Condi used to work a treat vs mesmer in general, it depends if you have the defenses these days. I'm general tho yeah, fight on your terms or not at all when it comes to mirage.

@foste.3098 said:you don't fight them, you run away; if everyone employs this strategy mirage players will be forced to switch class out of boredom.On a serious note a condition build is your best option as mesmer is vulnerable to condition pressure so condi daredevil. Side note rifle is terrible against them since they can easily go ooc and trait for evasive mirror and then you are screwed.

^ThisUsing a power build leaves the Thief really glassy. Using Poison-based condition build, the Thief can be tanky and deals a lot of damage at the same time.

Deadeyes has the least issues against any single target these days. I love my thief but really hate RifleDeadeye permastealth meta.You can kill anything because you got endless amount of attempts due to stealth being overly accessible.You are alone in being able to pick excatly the fights you want, and can bail from almost anything that goes south.

I love DD and Core, but Deadeye meta is really boring... Atleast when camping rifle.Going into melee with a 100% glassy build is more balls, but not by a big margin because.... offhand rifle permastealth </3

Fight mirages in open field, you will win. You got more stealth and mobility.

If the mirage cant LOS you (if you are on rifle) you will win.If you play for malicious backstab and dont manage to pop the mirage in your first go.. then its better to shove your tail between your legs and fight another day. or you WILL get 1shot back if the mesmer is decent.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:Hi, i have across a few of these recently.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Hybrid_Ineptitude_RoamerI'm finding it pretty hard to land hits on these or win against these. The amount of evades its got is unbelievable.How do you guys deal with it on DE?

Hello! I just saw you're post and would give you a tip how to beat em with my build.

The condition mesmers comes at 15:50 in my video. Enjoy ☺️

@Lociaz.4027 said:

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:Hi, i have across a few of these recently.
I'm finding it pretty hard to land hits on these or win against these. The amount of evades its got is unbelievable.How do you guys deal with it on DE?

Hello! I just saw you're post and would give you a tip how to beat em with my build.

The condition mesmers comes at 15:50 in my video. Enjoy
☺️

While I appreciate someone using Staff in roaming, I don't think your fight was a good representation of how those fights usually go. 20s into the fight you blow all utilities and you are out of endurance and low on initiative, leaving a lot of free punish time for the Mirage to take advantage of. He didn't, which shows that he's not super skilled. He is also using Scepter/Torch and Staff, not Sword/Pistol Axe/Torch - a much more dangerous build.

OP was asking about how to deal with the hybrid Mirage on deadeye. And to answer that, the best way to deal with it currently is CS/SA/DE Valk Gear with one or two Malicious Backstabs. With SE you are basically immune to their condi damage, and they do not do enough power damage for that to pose a threat while you hit and re-stealth.

Archived