After years of Eternity, it is finally time.... to update this great greatsword

Hyde.9726

Brothers, Sisters .... ANET developers... We must collectively band together and make some changes. Moving forward, it is only right that we give power to the players.

I'm talking about ETERNITY. That legendary greatsword that people throw billions of gold into to get a changing night/day sword and a glowy hilt. The merging of one of the two most expensive legendarys deserve some recognition and extra perks. We're talking about 3k here, and that is why I'm proposing that GW2 let the players who has crafted or owns an eternity to select the option of choosing whether we like the twilight(night) or dawn(day) version of this greatsword. It makes sense to give us that option, and it is heavily requested. You've given us chairs, that's great! But now us eternity wielders need this too. Please ANET, give us this change. You'll probably make some moolah in the process too, and you'll make us players happy!

How many times are you tired of looking at dawn with your super white shiny armor and then at night it looks horrible with twilight? How many times have you hated having dawn on a reaper during the day? We want this change because eternity has beautiful, special, and unique footfalls and the hilt!! but twilight and dawn.. does not.

Please ANET, this is the update we all need! pretty pleaseC'mon eternity owners....Well, time to disappear from the forums, see you all again when they update eternity :D

@Hyde.9726 said:Brothers, Sisters .... ANET developers... We must collectively band together and make some changes. Moving forward, it is only right that we give power to the players.

I'm talking about ETERNITY. That legendary greatsword that people throw billions of gold into to get a changing night/day sword and a glowy hilt. The merging of one of the two most expensive legendarys deserve some recognition and extra perks. We're talking about 3k here, and that is why I'm proposing that GW2 let the players who has crafted or owns an eternity to select the option of choosing whether we like the twilight(night) or dawn(day) version of this greatsword. It makes sense to give us that option, and it is heavily requested. You've given us chairs, that's great! But now us eternity wielders need this too. Please ANET, give us this change. You'll probably make some moolah in the process too, and you'll make us players happy!

How many times are you tired of looking at dawn with your super white shiny armor and then at night it looks horrible with twilight? How many times have you hated having dawn on a reaper during the day? We want this change because eternity has beautiful, special, and unique footfalls and the hilt!! but twilight and dawn.. does not.

Please ANET, this is the update we all need! pretty pleaseC'mon eternity owners....Well, time to disappear from the forums, see you all again when they update eternity :D

Protip: Just change the skin to the legendary you want to use.

Is the difference between Eternity and its component weapons really so big that you couldn't use Sunrise if your look gets so messed by Eternity switching to its night-mode? (Or vice versa of course) From what I can tell, it's a single glowing gem at the pommel.

Now, the option to invert the cycle, so it shows "Twilight" a day and "Sunrise" at night, now that's a customization I'd like!

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Is the difference between Eternity and its component weapons really so big that you couldn't use Sunrise if your look gets so messed by Eternity switching to its night-mode? (Or vice versa of course) From what I can tell, it's a single glowing gem at the pommel.

Now, the option to invert the cycle, so it shows "Twilight" a day and "Sunrise" at night, now that's a customization I'd like!

Actually, besides the glowing gem at the base of the hilt, Eternity also has a unique aura and footfall compared to either Sunrise or Twilight. The difference is quite noticable, and for someone who prefers the aura and footfall of Eternity, having the option to simply select a day or night mode for it would be a great boon.

Personally, I think this option would be nice for other legendaries with a day/night cycle as well. For example, I much prefer Meteorlogicus' day look to its night look, and I'd love to be able to just keep its day look all the time.

@derd.6413 said:i didn't know anet deleted transmutation charges

Lol. I feel like too many people in this thread are overlooking the actual differences between Eternity, and it's two component legendaries, Twilight and Sunrise. These kinds of snide comments are not helpful, nor do they magically invalidate the suggestion being made.

@Tenrai Senshi.2017 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Is the difference between Eternity and its component weapons
really
so big that you couldn't use Sunrise if your look gets so messed by Eternity switching to its night-mode? (Or vice versa of course) From what I can tell, it's a single glowing gem at the pommel.

Now, the option to
invert
the cycle, so it shows "Twilight" a day and "Sunrise" at night, now
that's
a customization I'd like!

Actually, besides the glowing gem at the base of the hilt, Eternity also has a unique aura and footfall compared to either Sunrise or Twilight. The difference is quite noticable, and for someone who prefers the aura and footfall of Eternity, having the option to simply select a day or night mode for it would be a great boon.

Personally, I think this option would be nice for other legendaries with a day/night cycle as well. For example, I much prefer Meteorlogicus' day look to its night look, and I'd love to be able to just keep its day look all the time.

Ah, hadn't noticed that (since I haven't really looked deeper into those legendaries)!

That lends a lot more weight to the suggestion, so I completely support it!

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Hyde.9726 said:Brothers, Sisters .... ANET developers... We must collectively band together and make some changes. Moving forward, it is only right that we give power to the players.

Protip: Just change the skin to the legendary you want to use.

but you won't get the glowy pommel

@Randulf.7614 said:I have nothing against the suggestion, but im pretty sure they would have to implement new game and ui tech to do this just for one weapon. The odds of that happening seem zero

Well, technically speaking, there's a reasonable amount of weapons or armor sets that would benefit from a toggle-able day/night mode, Including:

• Eternity
  • Meteorlogicus
  • Sharur
  • The entire Ascalonian weapon set
  • The entire Gargoyle weapon set
  • Sylvari Cultural armor
  • Foefire Wraps/Mantle/Greaves
  • Any future gear added with day/night transitions

When you consider we got an option to turn off unique weapon sounds either for ourselves or other players, despite a majority of weapons not having unique sounds, it doesn't seem too far fetched that an option to freeze/toggle day night transitions for other types of gear could be implemented as well. That being said, if there was one reason I could think of as to why ANet would be against it (aside from any potential technical limitations) it would be that they don't want to mess with a very intentional design choice with regards to some types of gear changing according to the time of day.

I'm all for it, people dont understand that eternity requires two legendaries to make and as such, should reward you for the effort. People up here have made many good points. The aura, animation, and footfalls on eternity is infinitely better than twilight and sunrise. These precursors will pale in comparison once you have eternity. I love the suggestion that ANET should create a night/day toggle option .. for sylvaris, ascalon weapons. I hope the developers see this.

-the first comment is just plain stupid.

@Reirli.3817 said:I'm all for it, people dont understand that eternity requires two legendaries to make and as such, should reward you for the effort. People up here have made many good points. The aura, animation, and footfalls on eternity is infinitely better than twilight and sunrise. These precursors will pale in comparison once you have eternity. I love the suggestion that ANET should create a night/day toggle option .. for sylvaris, ascalon weapons. I hope the developers see this.

-the first comment is just plain stupid.

I have two legendaries that dont combine into a new one. Eternity is the reward for crafting both legendary greatswords already and therefore eternity doesnt need to be rewarded for effort of making it.

Archived