[SPOILERS] Rune of the Thorn - MIA?

I have the other 4 runes for the Door to the Past achievement. 3 were just in my inventory after doing first part of story and clearing the map. Rune of Earth I got off the Champ elemental so is this subjective? I wiki'd it and it says that rune of the thorn drops from Branded. I literally have been killing everything (nothing short of a mass genocide) and nothing yet LOL Any ideas or is it truely random? Anyone remember when they got theirs and from killing what?

Any help appreciated , ty :)

I have noticed after working to get these on a daily basis that the Rune of the Thorn drops quite a bit less often than the others. I seem to always get the others first before that one drops. Yesterday it took most of the day and a lot of killing branded to get it to drop. Other days it was a lot easier. Definitely RNG.

Yeah instead of them being a one-time thing that unlocks something in the refuge, you have to do this every day again to get to that chest. There are certain mobs that are associated with each rune but I found that killing veteran mobs had a better chance of dropping runes randomly. Since I'm not getting the requiem armor, I no longer go to Jahai, so the matter is irrelevant to me now, but it is a bit of an annoying mechanic.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@Gemnaid.4219 said:I wish these would stop dropping. I’m tired of deleting them.

The inventory clutter of them constantly redropping and the fact that the chest you get isn't worth the loading screen caused me to stop playing the new map.

Yes, it makes no sense that this door is resetting daily considering the loot is trash.They should add some rare drop to it or 10 mistonium to make it worth the effort

I have got 1 mistonium today. But it's the first time I have got mistonium at all. 1 guaranteed would be really nice, more if you are lucky for example. What I don't understand is why am I getting every single day a map part 1/4. I always thought those only drop in core Tyria, each part from a certain zone.

Looking at the wiki, I am now thinking particular type of branded may drop only certain runes. I will check next time I make a run for the runes but I would say branded elementals would be more likely to drop The Rune of the Earth. Branded Harpies, Griffons, Wind Riders etc. for The Rune of the Wind etc. In the big events with tons of mobs it is hard to see who might have dropped what.

At least the runes do stack so I keep all that I get so I can go every day and open the Door to the Past. I did get two exotics on two different days but again it is probably RNG...

@Aerinndis.2730 said:Looking at the wiki, I am now thinking particular type of branded may drop only certain runes. I will check next time I make a run for the runes but I would say branded elementals would be more likely to drop The Rune of the Earth. Branded Harpies, Griffons, Wind Riders etc. for The Rune of the Wind etc. In the big events with tons of mobs it is hard to see who might have dropped what.

At least the runes do stack so I keep all that I get so I can go every day and open the Door to the Past. I did get two exotics on two different days but again it is probably RNG...

Ive gotten all of them from the Branded in Argons fortress >.>

Archived