Old Raid on the Capricorn-Old Skyhammer-& Old Coutyard

Vieux P.1238

In the past, Anet with fair good reasons has either completely removed or modified some of the old map's for competitive purpose. Raid on the Capricorn, only map with water combat.

- Courtyard - Unbalance but the only deathmatch map we ever had.
- & old skyhammer. The most vile & trolly map ever produced. & it was fun to push, pull, knock & fear ppl off the ledges!
. I feel that by removing or modified them has removed something spicy that was enjoyable in the game. Despite not the most balance map's in the game. Not for the competitiveness but more for the fun side of it. NEW & OLD players TIME TO VOTE! Would you...

Please not... capricorn with completely unbalanced underwater combat? Skyhammer with only stab/knockback classes? Courtyard for boring deathmatches?

Okay for trolling, would not even play them in unranked though. I hated all of them. Maybe add another tick like for stronghold? "Troll-maps" or something like that? Oh, wait, that might mean a serious UI issue... and we all know how difficult those can be...

I just want Deathmatch so when I play PvP, I'm playing under the right format....Conquest is my own personal death match arena

The only reason I disliked the old hammer was because of the invisible boon stealing rip wire thieves that would proc the window and pull you off the map.Only reason I disliked the water map was because of Rangers being Immortal in the Water.Otherwise both were fun maps

Any reasons are good. I'm just looking for some of the old broken fun we had before on dease old map's.Really not meant for rank or any competitiveness. Just fun!For peeps that just don't want to play them maps, would have the option to Q up in Unrank but uncheck the selected maps you don't want to play.Just like for Stronghold. Problem solved. EzPz.

Many people think that Raid of Capricorn is a good idea for a PvP map, but that's just it; an idea, a concept for a PvP map. One that isn't fully executed in a good way and I don't think that underwater combat is designed to be balanced when it comes to fighting other players. It would make combat less engaging and it would simply be a spam fest. Just spam your best skills and hope you win the match. I'm all for new maps that are different from the rest, but make sure they're balanced for 5v5 teams that doesn't put certain professions at a disadvantage.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but Courtyard is just awful. Put down your pitchforks and torches and let me explain. Courtyard, like Raid of Capricorn is a good idea for a map, a map designed for Deathmatch which is a game mode that many would like to have. The problem with the map is that it's too small for 5v5 teams. Inconsistent level design involving a middle area with some props to LoS making it descent for 1v1 duels while the outside area has circular paths that lead to the enemy base. I hated this map not only because of the bad level design, but also because there was simply no strategy to win on this map other than throwing everything you've got at the enemy and hope they're bad enough to not know what those skills do and they end up getting spawn camped the entire match.

I don't know how anyone would like the old Skyhammer map. It was such a poorly made map that it got a remake. That's how bad it was. The holographic fields, which were almost everywhere occasionally disappeared and made them unfair for those who either stood on them at the wrong time or got knocked back into them. The non invisible walls preventing players from being knocked back off the map and getting cheap kills wasn't fun. Cheap kills are never fun. Also the old Skyhammer cannon promoted camping, something you never want to have. The current Skyhammer is far better than what it once was. No longer can players knock back other players off maps and get cheap kills and removing the Skyhammer cannon for a full enemy decap makes it far more enjoyable than a slow cannon that can be avoided easily.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Many people think that Raid of Capricorn is a good idea for a PvP map, but that's just it; an idea, a concept for a PvP map. One that isn't fully executed in a good way and I don't think that underwater combat is designed to be balanced when it comes to fighting other players. It would make combat less engaging and it would simply be a spam fest. Just spam your best skills and hope you win the match. I'm all for new maps that are different from the rest, but make sure they're balanced for 5v5 teams that doesn't put certain professions at a disadvantage.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but Courtyard is just awful. Put down your pitchforks and torches and let me explain. Courtyard, like Raid of Capricorn is a good idea for a map, a map designed for Deathmatch which is a game mode that many would like to have. The problem with the map is that it's too small for 5v5 teams. Inconsistent level design involving a middle area with some props to LoS making it descent for 1v1 duels while the outside area has circular paths that lead to the enemy base. I hated this map not only because of the bad level design, but also because there was simply no strategy to win on this map other than throwing everything you've got at the enemy and hope they're bad enough to not know what those skills do and they end up getting spawn camped the entire match.

I don't know how anyone would like the old Skyhammer map. It was such a poorly made map that it got a remake. That's how bad it was. The holographic fields, which were almost everywhere occasionally disappeared and made them unfair for those who either stood on them at the wrong time or got knocked back into them. The non invisible walls preventing players from being knocked back off the map and getting cheap kills wasn't fun. Cheap kills are never fun. Also the old Skyhammer cannon promoted camping, something you never want to have. The current Skyhammer is far better than what it once was. No longer can players knock back other players off maps and get cheap kills and removing the Skyhammer cannon for a full enemy decap makes it far more enjoyable than a slow cannon that can be avoided easily.

I partly agree :

• Capricorn right now is poorly explained, because if you think about it and strategy, the 25/50 points are completly useless except if you play on legend. Most of the time, you can make it 1v3 or 2v4 there and tricap your opponents meanwhile as 4v2 or 3v1.
  • Courtyard is awful yes, and would be worse due to PoF builds ( can't imagine parties of scourges/reapers and firebrands)
  • Skyhammer/Spirit watch are different because they offered different ways of winning. You might say some builds are advantaged, but let's be honest, firebrand/necros/mirages are also advantaged when you only need to sit on points.. It actually required some work to pull off, or run properly the orb, I'm not really considering spamming aoes on a circle as a scourge requiring more skill..

All these map for sure had issues, but would be good in the actual meta today, which is really boring sometimes.

Archived