Balance Update: 2 October 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

‘Allo Fellow Tyrians,

We wanted to let you know that next Tuesday the Systems team will be releasing a smaller balance update. This update is coming out a bit earlier than we normally release a balance pass – consider it a little bonus! The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable and splitting some skills between game modes.

Cheers,

The ArenaNet Systems Team

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable and splitting some skills between game modes.

• Updating some traits
  • Splitting some skills between game modes.

Be careful not to overhype the implications. Without details, this seems like it will probably only address a tiny handful of things, which might or might not be issues that have gotten the most (or loudest) attention from the community.(As always, I'm personally waiting to see the details before worrying about it.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable and splitting some skills between game modes.
  • Updating
    some
    traits
  • Splitting
    some
    skills between game modes.

Be careful not to overhype the implications. Without details, this seems like it will probably only address a tiny handful of things, which might or might not be issues that have gotten the most (or loudest) attention from the community.(As always, I'm personally waiting to see the details before worrying about it.)

Oh, I agree. I'm fully expecting something along the lines of three to five bullet points.

Still, small suprise updates make me happy.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

• Updating
    some
    traits
  • Splitting
    some
    skills between game modes.

Oh, I agree. I'm fully expecting something along the lines of three to five bullet points.

Still, small suprise updates make me happy.

Honestly id be plenty fine with frequent but smaller balance changes.

whelp.. might as well've told us nothing.not sure what this announcement is going to do for, we don't know what it'll pertain, so its not like we can prepare for anything.

Does this mean DPS differences between weapons will be reduced?or that traits will no longer be connected to weapons, but rather to simply fighting?

As long as this patch contains "Headbutt can now be used underwater, so berserkers can finally swim" i'll have nothing to complain about

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:whelp.. might as well've told us nothing.not sure what this announcement is going to do for, we don't know what it'll pertain, so its not like we can prepare for anything.

Does this mean DPS differences between weapons will be reduced?or that traits will no longer be connected to weapons, but rather to simply fighting?

As long as this patch contains "Headbutt can now be used underwater, so berserkers can finally swim" i'll have nothing to complain about

Probably neither of those things.

Probably more along the lines of something like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ankle_Shots goingfrom

Critical hits with pistols and harpoon guns have a chance to cripple foes. Pistol and harpoon attacks deal increased damage to crippled foes.toCritical hits with pistols and harpoon guns have a chance to cripple foes. Attacks deal increased damage to crippled foes.

So that while you gain more benefits if you are using the associated weapon but it can still be relevant even if you don't.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:As long as they don't make using some weapon traits HARDER to use. If you use the Focus trait for Guardian you HAVE to consider using Meditation skills in your build as an example of how limited things are.

I doubt I'd be able to use Sword/Focus and Staff on Firebrand with this coming update. Surprise me though.

Focus Mastery has nothing to do with Meditations. Monk's Focus is the Meditation trait.

Archived