Since when Arah story mode is a solo mission? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Since when Arah story mode is a solo mission?

After going all through the personal story I found out that the final story is a solo mission, it used to be the arah story mode.

I left the game in ther early 2015, right before the HoT release.

I can imagine that after the dungeons stopping being profitable it became really hard to put a party together to do this final quest. So decided to turn it a solo mission.

Comments

• It's been a solo mission since June of 2015, I believe.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    It's been a solo mission since June of 2015, I believe.

tyvm

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2018

Yep, June 23rd, 2015.

Converted the Ruined City of Arah (story) dungeon to a Personal Story step that may be completed by 1 – 5 players. Improved or added sound effects and audio zones to multiple encounters. Revised the Ruined City of Arah Dungeon Track to be unlocked by story mode or explorable mode completion. The Master of Arah achievement has been revised to only require explorable mode completion. Modified completion reward.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

You also can't replay it after it's done anymore, and doesn't count towards the dungeon frequenter

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• ReV.6097ReV.6097 Member ✭✭✭

Arah was dissapointingly easy to solo, but it's set up for casual players. Honour of the Waves story solo isn't so easy. So other dungeon storys should be more rewarding to do for a challenge.

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Yep, June 23rd, 2105.

Converted the Ruined City of Arah (story) dungeon to a Personal Story step that may be completed by 1 – 5 players. Improved or added sound effects and audio zones to multiple encounters. Revised the Ruined City of Arah Dungeon Track to be unlocked by story mode or explorable mode completion. The Master of Arah achievement has been revised to only require explorable mode completion. Modified completion reward.

That's quite the time machine you have there. :wink:

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Yep, June 23rd, 2105.

That's quite the time machine you have there. :wink:

Lol. I do go through the Mists quite regularly you know.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Lex.1756Lex.1756 Member
    edited June 14, 2019

Will the achievement “dungeons discovered” be completed with explorable mode, or do I have to do my whole story to get it?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.