Idea for an elite Well

Shroud.2307

Well of UndeathUse your Life Force to conjure a Well that grants Life Force to you and other nearby Necromancers every second. If you receive a fatal blow while this Well is active, instead respawn at the location of the Well with health equivalent to the Life Force spent summoning the Well. This skill consumes all Life Force when used.

Minimum Life Force required: 5%Life Force pulse per second: 7%Number of targets: 5Duration: 10sRadius: 240Combo Field: Ethereal

For additional clarity, think of it a bit like Engineer's A.E.D. As long as it's active, if you take a fatal hit, you'll instead teleport to the Well. The amount of Life Force you spent to summon the Well, which can be a minimum of 5%, will be how much health you "respawn" with. The pulsing Life Force would be a sort of way to negate the total depletion if you happen to not die and stay within it's radius.

If it were ever actually added to the game, I doubt that they'd give it a unique animation but... I would love it if the character would slam their fist in to the ground causing a black fog to leave the Necro into the ground and remaining as a black mist for the duration.

Thoughts?

Hmmm.... I like the concept but think it should have a higher cost while offering something more unique.

Well of the MistsThis well places up to 10 occupants out of combat and consumes all of the Necromancer's available health placing the Necromancer into a downed state to create a cursed waypoint active for 7 seconds.

All players who use the cursed waypoint recieve 10 seconds of weakness, cripple, poison, and torment.

PvE split180 second cool down5 second cast timeWaypoint (colored pulsing green) Will last 7 seconds.Weakness (10 sec)Cripple (10 sec)Poison (10 sec)Torment (10 sec)Places up to 10 playing characters within the well out of combat.Ground targeted, 320 range, 240 diameter

WvW and PvP split180 second cool down5 second cast timeWaypoint (colored pulsing green) Will last 7 seconds.Weakness (10 sec)Cripple (10 sec)Poison (10 sec)Torment (10 sec)Bleed×3 (10 sec)Fear (3 sec)Places up to 10 playing characters within the well out of combat.Ground targeted, 320 range, 240 diameter

@Anchoku.8142 said:Hmmm.... I like the concept but think it should have a higher cost while offering something more unique.

Well of the MistsThis well places up to 10 occupants out of combat and consumes all of the Necromancer's available health placing the Necromancer into a downed state to create a cursed waypoint active for 7 seconds.

All players who use the cursed waypoint recieve 10 seconds of weakness, cripple, poison, and torment.

PvE split180 second cool down5 second cast timeWaypoint (colored pulsing green) Will last 7 seconds.Weakness (10 sec)Cripple (10 sec)Poison (10 sec)Torment (10 sec)Places up to 10 playing characters within the well out of combat.Ground targeted, 320 range, 240 diameter

WvW and PvP split180 second cool down5 second cast timeWaypoint (colored pulsing green) Will last 7 seconds.Weakness (10 sec)Cripple (10 sec)Poison (10 sec)Torment (10 sec)Bleed×3 (10 sec)Fear (3 sec)Places up to 10 playing characters within the well out of combat.Ground targeted, 320 range, 240 diameter

cursed waypoint? i dont think enemies would be silly enough to use that in a middle of a fight, esp if they know it gives a bunch of condis that majority of people hate.

@googel.3278 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:Hmmm.... I like the concept but think it should have a higher cost while offering something more unique.

Well of the Mists
This well places up to 10 occupants out of combat and consumes all of the Necromancer's available health placing the Necromancer into a downed state to create a cursed waypoint active for 7 seconds.

cursed waypoint? i dont think enemies would be silly enough to use that in a middle of a fight, esp if they know it gives a bunch of condis that majority of people hate.

I believe it is mor elike - Allies can use it to get to you ( because eyou are downed and need reviving) but also if e.g. you're doing pvp or Wvw ( or maybe even some metas) and your entire team go down, might even work in raids as a sort of - revive everyone thing - they can Wp to you, yes they are Condi'd so res you slower etc, but it'd also mean they can to you at any moment, I would say maybe make the Cooldown 300 s IFFFFFFFFFFFF It an revive the dead

The purpose of the cursed waypoint was to allow a Necromancer and team to reset a fight and make a respawn point anywhere the players will not immediately draw aggro. If the Necro has enough health to get out of aggro range, and the surviving team members follow and stack, it should create a more convenient respawn point. The punishment of being downed on using the skill and dead players being cursed for using the temporary respawn point is for balance. Clearing conditions and res'ing the Necro should not be a problem unless it is used improperly.

Archived