Nomad Mace became account bound?

Michael.9403

I just crafted an exotic nomad's mace for a fellow player. It's components were already in my game long stash of stuff, but I needed a recipe, from the TP, for about a silver and a half. I crafted it, went to mail it, and could not. It somehow became account bound. Note I said Exotic, not Ascended, which I know I can craft only for myself.

I have crafted dozens, if not hundreds of exotic weapons and armor for others and never been forced to own one by it becoming account bound. I've occasionally added a enhancement, which made some of them soulbound, but I added nothing in this case. Just make dowels, make inscription, make components, assemble, then in game mail failure.

This can't be the game design, and if it's a bug it's been around for years (didn't nomad come out with Dry Top or that area? ), so what did I do wrong?

I was unaware any exotic item that wasn't won by some drop reward was account bound, and then it's so it could not be farmed. We're talking basic level 400 crafting here, not something else.

So Nomad was designed that way? Or perhaps bugged at release and then allowed to stay that way? And the reason it makes sense game wise is what? There doesn't seem anything very much different about Nomad than Cleric, which was in the game at launch.

Even the inscription is account bound. It's a holdover from when ANet was experimenting with supply by using different sorts of gating to restrict faucets. (And possibly to restrict certain benefits of unlocking LS or Expansion content.)

For those who don't want to craft, there is gear out there with choosy stats that allows for Nomad's. Notably, items from the PvP/WvW legacy reward track, Glorious armor, among others.

Okay, I accept that's the way it is, and feel a little peeved that I'm now the proud owner of a mace I'll never use because I didn't pay attention the multi dozenth time I crafted an item. It was just done as a favor, and took less time to make than the OP of this thread took to write.

I also appreciate all the answers but didn't gleam any nourishment from any of them as to why it made sense game theory wise. It's certainly not such an important item that it needs to be gated. I think it trades precision for toughness in two different healing builds The alternate build doesn't have enough precision to crit more than once a week anyway, so giving it up isn't a big deal, but keeping it isn't either, in the great scheme of things. I think he got the alternate build running Ascalon Catacombs track in WVW when doing the daily.

It also trades healing for more toughness because the main stat on nomad is toughness not healing. It's only use is to be annoying in WvW ... maybe.

The account binding is probably because the inscription is and the inscription is account bound probably because it requires geodes. Basically they want to require anyone that wants the stat to play Dry Top although you can also get the geodes from reward tracks too.

Archived