Roaming this week will be random?

whoknocks.4935

I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

Opposite case casual encounters 1vs1, if the enemy got the buff and you not, 90% he wins and you lose even if he is a worse player than you.

Seems completely the opposite of downed state where the skillful gameplay was promoted, now who got the higher bloodlust wins.

Can't wait to see those 50-60k rapid fires or malicious backstabs.

What do you guys think as first impact?

It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

@"Vrath.1754" said:It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

The devs are playing. in fact, they are live right now onhttps://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

@whoknocks.4935 said:I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

Opposite case casual encounters 1vs1, if the enemy got the buff and you not, 90% he wins and you lose even if he is a worse player than you.

Seems completely the opposite of downed state where the skillful gameplay was promoted, now who got the higher bloodlust wins.

Uh, as opposed to whatever group frontloaded the most damage to down people first win during no downed state week?

No. This is exactly the same. If you liked no downed state, deal with it.

Personally I dislike it for the exact same reason bloodlust was nerfed in the first place.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

Uh, as opposed to whatever group frontloaded the most damage to down people first win during no downed state week?

No. This is exactly the same. If you liked no downed state, deal with it.

Personally I dislike it for the exact same reason bloodlust was nerfed in the first place.

In the week of no downed state a good small coordinated group could take down a much larger one without "garbage" players being ressed by rally bots, I myself won so many 1vs2s during that week, because alone sometimes it's just Im possible to stomp or cleave when you are outnumbered.

But now even a bad player with the buff can kill you in 1vs1.

Myself personally not being that strong player i easily won a 1vs4 against normal players which I didn't deserve to win at all because i had the 30% buff and them nothing.

@whoknocks.4935 said:But now even a bad player with the buff can kill you in 1vs1.

It doesnt magically make bad players better players even with the stat boost. If you are fighting 1v1 so close that even a bad player could have killed you with a little stat boost... yeah... people argued l2p during no downed week too. The. Exact. Same. Thing.

@Vrath.1754 said:It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

Was a surprise to see this, and even more surprise to see the insane stat boosts if getting 2 bl. Maybe they could have done 5/10/20% rather than 5/15/30%. If a server is dominating and manages to hold all three it's an insane advantage, player for player. We got the 15% for a short time and was satisfying to see the ridiculous stat boosts on the equipment screen. But it's ok, being on a losing server this time so barely getting the 5% or nothing. :/ Still, didn't have a problem going 0 or 5% against players with the 15%, although haven't yet gone against the 30% which may be excessive - dunno haven't had the experience to judge.

Seemed to be pulling more fights and action around ruins which is fun.

• ArenaNet Staff

@googel.3278 said:

@Vrath.1754 said:It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

The disparity between the stats, between your own and an enemy's, is irksome so far. If your server is not currently able to hold a bloodlust from the standpoint of numbers, then you end up facing enemies with a 15% or 30% buff to all their stats while your own are as if there is no event taking place. The end result is that you do less damage to enemies (they have 15%/30% more toughness and vitality) while taking more damage yourself due to their boosted damage stats, including stats like ferocity that are typically unaffected by bloodlust.

Bluntly, this seems idiotic. Like Dawdler (and others I'm sure), I remember when Bloodlust use to be +50 to the affected stats for each borderland map it was captured on. Since apparently a 150 point bonus was too much, I don't know what brain surgeon thought a 30% boost (to even more stats than usual) was the way to go.

Perhaps until more is done to actually mitigate the problems with population imbalances, events that give this much of a potential boost to the servers that can field greater numbers should be avoided.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:But now even a bad player with the buff can kill you in 1vs1.

It doesnt magically make bad players better players even with the stat boost. If you are fighting 1v1 so close that even a bad player could have killed you with a little stat boost... yeah... people argued l2p during no downed week too. The. Exact. Same. Thing.

Well try face a zerk soulbeast under 30% boost.

That is already a pretty cheap noob friendly roaming spec, same as my spellbreaker hitting up to 10k full counters.

If you fail one single dodge or defensive ability even a bad player by spamming can kill you in few seconds.

Reaper autos under 30% buff will be maybe up to 10-15k.

But I expect even more lord hizen deadeyes aroud the map who bypass even passive traits with 50k oneshots.

We will see.

Never argued about l2p during no downed, I repeat it was completely opposite.It happens so frequently you are about to win an outnumber 1vs2 getting one of the guys downed and you can't stomp or cleave because the ress healing is way higher then your cleaving damage, he get ressed and they kill you... pretty stupid mechanic.During no downed state 'skill' was indeed the main factor.

Now it's: who got the better buff wins.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

Make sure you're tagged up so you can easily be targeted, lol. Have fun too...

Archived