What level to open bags right now? im so confused! over a year away from GW2!

I must be reminded, its been a year without playing GW2. Which bags do i only wanna open with a level 44? what i remember is that all Bags of Gear i would open with this toon. all green and below items i would salvage with Copper Omatic, its an a universal spot. everything the way i left it. I did this to get better materials for profit and stack on essence of luck. I think it doesn't matter much if i use a silver or copper omatic on green and below items right? its not like i can get more Essence of Luck back.

Now when i switched over to my level 80, i had the silver omatic in his own inventory. This i did for the higher items i think yellow or gold so i would get Ectos. Is this right? Is this what you do as well? Im also reading in other forums that you wanna open all champion bags with a lower toon, this confuses me. I need to know what bags are strictly for a level 80. Please someone make this clear for me. What do i wanna open with my level 44 toon so i get best material profit?

Confusing hell.

Rules stay the same overall.Copper o matic for anything Mastercraft (green) or below.Silver for rare or higher. You only get Ectoplasm and other rarer itens from rare equipment level 68 or higher.

The whole low level stuff is that you get gear from your level using bags. And for a myriad of reasons some materials like leather from low level gears are worth more than the level 80 ones. Hence the reason that you "could" use then on low levels.

There is no specific level range to mention here tough, gotta research the price of all materials and check wich level range of equipment you would want.

A lot of wasted time tough, IMO. Do it only if you enjoy this whole market stuff >_>

hey guys thanks for looking at my post.@SoulSin.5682 yeah i do enjoy it much. You pretty much filled in the missing pieces that I wanted to make sure of, thanks.@Illconceived Was Na.9781 right now it's just one bag opener. she was level 44 and i still sold something at a decent range but i said why the hell not.. so i leveled to 53. Now I get items ranging from L51-53. It's looks to be a soft spot, not sure now if it was necessary. didn't really test it. oh well. I yes, I also use silverwasteloltools website to check 53 is just in the middle of the leveling range. I thought it made sense to get inside the greenest part.. Right?

tl;dr choosing any level of bag opener between L24 and L59 is always 50%-200% better than the default of L80.

Greenest part is correct.L51-53 is nearly always in the greenest. And even when it's not, it's really close.

For comparison, here's my analysis from 25 Sep (last time I ran the numbers) compared with 3 Sep. According to the LoL tool...

• The "best" value was L49 & L54, call that 100%
  • Second best value was at least 90% of that, on 25 Sep at L46 & L59 (and nothing in that range on 3 Sep)
  • Third best levels were at 85%+ of that: L24, 46, 58, & 59 (both dates) and L44 (25 Sep)
  • Fourth best at 80%+ was L31 & L44 (3 Sep) & just L31 (25 Sep)

By comparison, opening with L80 is worth 40-60% of the max.

In short, choosing any level of bag opener between L24 and L59 is always 50%-200% better than the default of L80.It's really not worth worrying about except for people who have so many extra character slots that they can have ones at different levels. Just pick a level and leave it there.

(The most hard core of farmers will worry about that extra 10-15% from being more careful, but the rest of us won't spend nearly enough time farming for the difference to amount to much, for the extra time involved.)

Archived