KeyBoard skill Lag issues & it's the game.

Vieux P.1238

Hi all..During pvp rank in a 1V1 on my own. Skill's & Utilities would not activate after 3 seconds to 5 seconds of clicking on it. This issue always been persistent cuz it's not the first time.But this time i paid attention & was very careful on clicking my skill's with both keyboard & the mouse cursor since it would not activate. This issue has been there for ever. But lately it's getting under my skin to the point makes me want to trash this game. It's not servers or something on my end like internet issues or router issues. Cuz The game is running smoothly. Average ping & frame rate during high combat. But this is something that has to do either 2 things. Either it's Bugs from the seasonal patches & there not letting us know about it. Or there's a new hack preventing you clicking on abilities. Wich is it?I'm really frustrated about this.

@shadowpass.4236 said:If you don't understand something, chances are, it's not a hack. You might be getting ping spikes during combat due to all of the visual clutter.

Anything below 60 ping is good. Anything above, you'll have a noticeable input delay.

No as i mentioned, i paid attention to the pings & frame rate. Not an internet issue especially i got super high speed for gaming & downloads.If it was pings, meter would show it. For sure sometimes it could be the case but not in this one.

I'm getting the same thing, it's not on our end. It's happened ever since the sept 19th patch. They need to fix this problem, I have spoken to multiple people and some friends and they are experiencing the same thing. It makes not only gameplay in pve unpleasant but pvp ABSOLUTELY unbearable as timing matters IMMENSELY. I'm almost ready to quit the game.

I get that too, very very often, but then again a good deal of it is because I am sometimes jumping for whatever reason when kiting and stuff, and lots of skills even some instant cast times just don't activate because I press them during jump.Might wanna keep an eye out for that.

ive been getting this since the server change over to amazon servers and very bad desync of players, ive even tested it with another account of my own to see how bad the desync was! and let me tell you it was very bad. players could easily be out of range but still look like they were stood infront of you. Ive had thieves hitting me from yards away in melee but they were actually stood right next to me. yet i couldnt hit them due to desync. Almost unplayable. Ridiclous to think ive supported this game from the start and yet they do this to customers and just brush it under the rug.

The in game ping listed is NOT the ping from you to the main game servers. They've said this over and over, it is ONLY representative of the ping to the LOGIN server, and only updates at an interval that is not helpful for proper plotting (about every 5-10 seconds). Do not use the data the game provides in the F11 screen to judge whether or not you are having network issues. If you want to know what your actual ping is, you need to run a ping plotter to the game servers and a trace to see if there is a jump leading to excessive packet loss.

same issue. got my mechanical keyboard with no ghosting. and my rig run everything over 100fps, while ping is roughly 48-95 depend on the hours and events. but some skills i click it/press it, it won't register until like a few times. i don't understand it.

Skills not activating with skill icons flashing for over 3 seconds is a bug caused by server issues. It's been in the game since GW1 ( GW2 is built on a heavily modified GW1 engine ) and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done other than try rerouting your internet. It's not really a bug that Anet can fix either since it's just the result of poor connection. You might be getting bad tunneling to the game servers. Just because your connection speeds are overall fine doesn't mean your connections from a specific node are fine. I used to work as an IT tech specializing in TCP/IP and it's a lot more complicated than just your up speed and down speed mbps.

Because this thread is already up I'm just going to post it here instead of creating a new one but this was my experience in ranked tonight from 1 match.I'm new to editing but I tried my best to cut out the 3 best examples... Internet was fine too as I could upload them pretty much strait away

TLDR for vids:

• first vid is lag and a pop up
  • second vid is 2 pop ups
  • 3rd vid is pause mode while the timer counts down.

Archived