Gathering tool glyph bug — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gathering tool glyph bug

Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 29, 2018 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

I encounter a strange and irritating little bug with the gathering tool glyphs every day, so I thought I'd report it.

I do a pattern of gathering through my home instance and 2 guild halls (Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice) every day. I only have 1 glyph of industry, so I follow a precise swapping pattern as I go through this routine to maximize speed and minimize swapping. I ALWAYS end with the glyph of bounty on my logging tool, so that when I enter the Grove home instance the next day it's ready to go on the trees right in front. And for some reason, the glyph is ALWAYS swapped back to my mining tool when I enter the next day. It's kinda frustrating to have to cancel the animation and swap glyphs right at the beginning, and of course just odd that it happens.

In case it's relevant, this is the pattern I follow:

1. Enter the Grove home instance. Gather wood nodes.
  2. Swap glyph to mining tool. Gather ore nodes.
  3. Swap glyph to harvesting tool. Gather harvesting nodes.
  4. Port to Gilded Hollow guild hall. Gather harvesting nodes.
  5. Swap glyph to logging tool. Gather logging node.
  6. Swap glyph to mining tool. Gather mining node.
  7. Port to Lost Precipice guild hall. Gather mining node.
  8. Swap glyph to harvesting tool. Gather harvesting nodes.
  9. Swap glyph to logging tool. Gather logging node.
  10. Log to character select.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.