How overpowered do you feel this event?

DemonSeed.3528

Those of you who have managed to get enhanced superior bloodlust, how crazy have your stats been pumped up? What kind of damage are you dishing out?Also, out of curiousity, for any thieves here, what is the highest backstab you managed to pull off from enhanced superior borderlands bloodlust, full stack superior sigil bloodlust, full might stack, full malice (deadeyes), etc? I want to see what high crazy numbers you guys been getting. Anyone playing gunflame too? Let us know the numbers and class/build/etc, would be fun to see. Also it's fine if you let us know what kind of dmg you get on the receiving end as well. Just wanted a fun discussion, don't want to discuss the terror of it all, that should be saved for another thread.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:It's ridiculous how bloated stats can get with this event. In the short while that my server had the 30% buff, I had 3.5k power (with 0 stacks from a bloodlust sigil), a 93% crit chance (without fury), 223% ferocity, 3k armor, and 2.7k health on my spellbreaker.

yeah I had 3.5k power, 2.5k condi dmg and 3.2k armor on one of my characters lol, I think the crit was around 86% but fero wasn't that much

Part of me is tempted to log in to try to see what happens when running around with 5k power, 300 crit damage, and 25k hp on my thief.

The other consists of me thinking about how absolutely impossible it'd be to actually cap bloodlust with what's likely so many gank groups, spellbreakers, and holosmiths running around, and all that effort and time for one memey-backstab feels hardly worthwhile.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Part of me is tempted to log in to try to see what happens when running around with 5k power, 300 crit damage, and 25k hp on my thief.

The other consists of me thinking about how absolutely impossible it'd be to actually cap bloodlust with what's likely so many gank groups, spellbreakers, and holosmiths running around, and all that effort and time for one memey-backstab feels hardly worthwhile.

I tried defending the bloodlust on my (red) team's home bl on a deadeye built around backstab. Any other week my deadeye lands 18-22k backstabs on glass targets. Against targets with 15% or 30% boosted stats from this event, 10k was my biggest hit after hours of play.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Part of me is tempted to log in to try to see what happens when running around with 5k power, 300 crit damage, and 25k hp on my thief.

I tried defending the bloodlust on my (red) team's home bl on a deadeye built around backstab. Any other week my deadeye lands 18-22k backstabs on glass targets. Against targets with 15% or 30% boosted stats from this event, 10k was my biggest hit after hours of play.

Lol, I was testing out mine and this sbreaker & fb were together and I wasn't even doing 4-6k on them XD, I think they only had 5% blust but I think even without that they would be pretty tough to chip down on a normal day. It was impossible for me to do any ruins because of the amount of traffic from the other two servers passing through. It is no longer roamer territory but small to medium groups. Anet did say it would be open field, so they weren't exactly wrong about that :P On another note, middle ruins on desert borderlands is really good to mess with deadeyes because there is so much terrain/pillars/walls/etc.

IMO 5% , 10% , 15% would have been fairer than 5, 15%, 30% . Maybe with only damage increase.

Right now: power, precision, toughness, vitality, condition damage, healing power, and ferocity are all increased.

30% is quite a substantial boost , even exceeding traits. If there were an effective decap (completely or percentage) every tick on all enemy BLs even if enemy doesn't decap it would probably be less crazy.

Hm... You know what just occurred to me? Stat boosts like that would be really good for upleveled players.

I realize that of course it would be necessary for their server to be holding the ruins for them to get the stat boosts, but with increases like that, you could probably actually be of use without being level 80 for a change.

I don't know if it's a test or just for the week, but 15% and obviously 30% is way too much + the +60 bonus stat.Put a bonus on Finishers or xpm etc, ok it's fair you earn it, but when you're already outnumbered on the maps, you can't keep the bloodlust and you have a +30% stat blob at your doors ... well ... Even in roaming (or ganking) there is no match when you make +15k with one skill in marauder set.

It could be fair if you actually have to keep the ruins, like at the end of the timer ruin returns "neutral" and you have to cap it again if you want uptime.

I am not fond of this type of event as it amplifies the already out of whack balance in WvW. Anet does not do a good enough job of splitting skills for WvW balance. They need to make a much larger effort over a much longer period of time to reign this in.

Archived